Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gedubruk said:
@ wcikk, I dont understand why would you say sending passport by mail is illegal, if one of the option to get visa is to send them by post to Buffalo office or to go in person?

sending passport from canada to US is also overseas no?

did you ask your lawyer if sending passport by overseas mail is illegal? they should know this better.
Sending passport to Visa office is legal, but sending it to person is not authorized. Since visa offices only accept passport delivered from US or Canada, the only option I have is to send it to my lawyer so that she can send it from her office in Canada.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk said:
Sending passport to Visa office is legal, but sending it to person is not authorized. Since visa offices only accept passport delivered from US or Canada, the only option I have is to send it to my lawyer so that she can send it from her office in Canada.
Three options for you:
First one is Flying. Second one is mailing to buffalo and have it returned to your lawyer and third is ask Buffalo for extension or advice.
1) You'll have to either come back if you still have valid status (visa) for Canada or you can also go to Buffalo directly if again you have valid US visa. They accept ppt on Tues and Thurs mornings, I think.
Second option, You can send it to Buffalo and provide them w/ a returning envelop(Fedex/DHL). You must write the address of your lawyer in Canada. Also add a letter explaining you are not in Canada and thus you'd like Buffalo to send it to her.
Third option is contacting buffalo to request an extension till you return. or ask them what can be done in your case.
if i was in your shoes, I would go for option 2 given you are running against time now.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly what I meant by. Check with our lawyer as you do not have enough time

Good luck
wcikkk said:

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys,

I talked to my lawyer, and she said it's ok to send passport directly from my country as long as it returns to her.

In PPR, there's a blank that I can assign where to send stamped passport. I guess I just have to fill in my lawyer's address.

Just to be safe, I wrote an email to NY office.

Do I have to add returning envelop? PPR says passport will be mailed back with regular mail if pre-paid envelop is not enclosed.

kevin_k1

Dec 8, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hi Everyone !

This is my current status for my PR:
Category.........: QSW
Visa Office......: Buffalo
CSQ..............: 23 Sep 2010
App. Filed.......: 18 Nov 2010
AOR Received.....: 11 Apr 2011
Med's Request....: 11 Apr 2011
Med's Done.......: 10 Jun 2011
Passport Req.....: Progress
Visa Issued......: Progress
LANDED...........: Progress

Based on your experience when do you thing I can hear something from Buffalo ?

Thanks,

Kevin

imados

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-11-2010
Med's Request
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-07-2011
Today, my application is 13 months old :p
I just sent an email to Buffalo enquiring about causes that delayed my application !
Will let you know what they reply with !

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
@ Kevin and Imados,

Welcome to the thread. Do let us know of the progress of your files. Hang in there, PPR is around the corner :)

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
My address disappeared today on e-Cas is that a sign of something?

Also it has been 13 months since my file received by Buffalo.

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
wcikkk said:
Thanks guys,

I talked to my lawyer, and she said it's ok to send passport directly from my country as long as it returns to her.

In PPR, there's a blank that I can assign where to send stamped passport. I guess I just have to fill in my lawyer's address.

Just to be safe, I wrote an email to NY office.

Do I have to add returning envelop? PPR says passport will be mailed back with regular mail if pre-paid envelop is not enclosed.
@WCIKKK, I also got the request from NY office to sent my passport and I sent them 2 weeks back. I sent mail to NY office as well if I can come in-[person for the stamping and they said NO

For your country, you have to request Fedex/UPS/DHL to send to your lawyer or to the NY directly...as it is ILLEGAL to send passport by mail/courier specially, in south asia, they don't accept taht.

Best option for you to fly to NY or come back to Canada and send your passport by mail. when i sent it reached NY in 1
day. I saw you sent email to NY as well, did you hear back from them ?
Hope this helps!!

@ AEO3YY : buddy, i asked you last time how long it takes to get the visa stamped from NY. I sent passport to NY and on 1st Dec my status is changed to "decision made"; don't know how it will take from that to get my passports back. I gave them fedex prepaid envelope as well.

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
kevin_k1 said:
Hi Everyone !

This is my current status for my PR:
Category.........: QSW
Visa Office......: Buffalo
CSQ..............: 23 Sep 2010
App. Filed.......: 18 Nov 2010
AOR Received.....: 11 Apr 2011
Med's Request....: 11 Apr 2011
Med's Done.......: 10 Jun 2011
Passport Req.....: Progress
Visa Issued......: Progress
LANDED...........: Progress

Based on your experience when do you thing I can hear something from Buffalo ?

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin, welcome!!

based on current timelines and current vacation month, expect something starting next year for PPR

good luck!!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
movecanada said:
I did my friend, i am hoping something will happen next week. I sent it via fedex...
i cross fingers for you ... 8)

i'm still waiting for PR card, anyone else??