NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
@ ae03yy,

Last week i got a job offer from Montreal from Ericsson as Service Professional and I would like to know how did you get your Work Permit initially did your employeer filed for LMO. Because after talking to the HR she was not sure if they will succeed in getting me a work permit.

According to her it is hard to get LMO, CAQ and Work permit in Quebec. I really regret coming to Quebec, it is such a useless province with no powers to Federal. I already have a CSQ (since Nov 2010) but still neither my PR is going any faster (7 months no news from Buffalo) nor does it help me getting a work permit. It looks like Canada hates Quebec and want people coming to quebec to suffer for making a huge mistake.

Any in-sight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ae03yy said:
no passport for me yet... pals
I went to the embassy today after hearing they received passports yesterday afternoon.. only to hear we got many passports but not yours. You should receive yours in the next few weeks. Afer telling them what exactly I'm facing, i decided to ask my dad who just returned from Cote d'Ivoire to fight for them to issue the passport, asap. I have 2 weeks left here on current WP and my employer who first was willing to file LMO sufddenly decided otherwise. He even was thinking of promoting me but now that he knows my days are numbered gave the position to s.o. else.

I can't blame him because i know he needs to run his business, i can't blame the embassy because everyone do make mistakes, I can't blame the thieft cause he obbviously didn't know my pp was in the bag and don't know what I'm facing since that incident. I cannot even blame myself for being the victime of circomptances.

Yet, i stand still and am going to work everyday knowing there's a reason with everything and God knows!

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eng_Mtl said:
@ ae03yy,

Last week i got a job offer from Montreal from Ericsson as Service Professional and I would like to know how did you get your Work Permit initially did your employeer filed for LMO. Because after talking to the HR she was not sure if they will succeed in getting me a work permit.

According to her it is hard to get LMO, CAQ and Work permit in Quebec. I really regret coming to Quebec, it is such a useless province with no powers to Federal. I already have a CSQ (since Nov 2010) but still neither my PR is going any faster (7 months no news from Buffalo) nor does it help me getting a work permit. It looks like Canada hates Quebec and want people coming to quebec to suffer for making a huge mistake.

Any in-sight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
You haven't got AOR+med request yet?

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
No this is why i am bothered and think there could be anything wrong with address or something. Though I can see my status on ecas as Filled received for PR.

Thats all

wcikkk said:
You haven't got AOR+med request yet?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
sorry mtl_eng i'm in Montreal rigth now visiting friends till tomorrow afternoon. if u want we can meet and talk about it... otherwise u have to wait for my return home to reply. cheers

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eng_Mtl said:
No this is why i am bothered and think there could be anything wrong with address or something. Though I can see my status on ecas as Filled received for PR.

Thats all
I know your pain.
It took me around 8 months to get AOR.
Yours should be on the way.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Eng_Mtl said:
@ ae03yy,

Hey i'm back home. So, to answer your query follow this small questionnaire i just did for you. Unless you answer yes to all question, your employer needs LMO.
(1) Do you have a post-secondary diploma?
(2) Did you completed your studies in Canada?
(3) Was your diploma done within last 2 years?
(4) Have you never obtain a Post-Grad Work Permit (valid for up to 3yrs)?
(5) Are you applying as self-employed?

Answering yes to question 1 to 3 is a pre-requisit to question 4. Let me know what your answers are because I will help me to detemine if you would need LMO or not.

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
YES
No (I was studying MS in Montreal, but due to financial reason i am unable to pay international tuition)
My BS is from outside Canada
(No)
(No)
(No) This job is for Service Professional Engineer

ae03yy said:
Hey i'm back home. So, to answer your query follow this small questionnaire i just did for you. Unless you answer yes to all question, your employer needs LMO.

Answering yes to question 1 to 3 is a pre-requisit to question 4. Let me know what your answers are because I will help me to detemine if you would need LMO or not.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Has anyone done medicals in advance? and did it help to hasten the process or not? I just think that waiting 7 months for a file number is toooo long!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Finally a good and exciting neews to share with all: my pp is on route. My dad mailed it and it should be here Thurs.

any news from Buffalo, friends?

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
woohoo!congrats ae03yy! Lets hope this good news marks the start of good news to come for us all! :D

Nothing new on my end yet

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
congratzzz buddy :)

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Congrats, ae03yy ! Glad you will get the passport in time.

@all,
Nothing new on my side. But, i guess I cannot complain. Even those who sent applications earlier are waiting .
My RPRF cheque was sent yesterday. I am waiting to see when it gets cashed out. May be it will give me an idea of how files are being progressed

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question:

After receiveing the AOR and medicals, doing the medicals and sending them, what should we receive ? the passport request or there is another letter before ?

thank you