Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
sharuu said:
I dont agree... everyone's eligibility needs to be evaluated. It just means the VO has not gone round to checking your file for eligibility. Usually when you pass it, ECAS goes to In Process and then a new Bring Forward date is given for a FINAL REVIEW and issuance of PPR. When was your file received at Ottawa? Its more or less that your file has not gotten round to be evaluated yet. Usually when all checks are cleared then eligiblity is done.
@ Sharuu
I DISAGREE with you...Eligibilities for QSW applicants are done during the CSQ stage. At the FSW stage. They do the
SECURITIES/CRIMINALITIES/MEDICALS .
MasterGeek said:
My guess is that because Quebec workers are automatically considered eligible upon obtaining a CSQ, therefore the "Eligibility" process (reviewing education/experience and language abilities) usually performed on Federal worker applicants is never started for Quebec workers.

@ MasterGeek
You are RIGHT. It is stated on micc website.

There are so many, many reasons while the processes takes longer time

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
xse2573 said:
@ Sharuu
I DISAGREE with you...Eligibilities for QSW applicants are done during the CSQ stage. At the FSW stage. They do the
SECURITIES/CRIMINALITIES/MEDICALS .
MasterGeek said:
My guess is that because Quebec workers are automatically considered eligible upon obtaining a CSQ, therefore the "Eligibility" process (reviewing education/experience and language abilities) usually performed on Federal worker applicants is never started for Quebec workers.

@ MasterGeek
You are RIGHT. It is stated on micc website.

There are so many, many reasons while the processes takes longer time
If that was the case then why is eligiblity NOT STARTED, it should have been passed. Once your file goes IN PROCESS, if you order GCMS then you will see Eligibility as passed.

Let me clarify, your eligibility is done as provincial level - just like any other PNPs BUT when all the backgrond checks are done then the Eligibility is termed as Passed, that is what I was talking about not that they go verifying your education and what not which provincial government has already done!

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
sharuu said:
If that was the case then why is eligiblity NOT STARTED, it should have been passed. Once your file goes IN PROCESS, if you order GCMS then you will see Eligibility as passed.

Let me clarify, your eligibility is done as provincial level - just like any other PNPs BUT when all the backgrond checks are done then the Eligibility is termed as Passed, that is what I was talking about not that they go verifying your education and what not which provincial government has already done!
@ Sharuu
We are saying the same thing!!!...Once the "SECURITY & CRIMINALITY" are done that is the background check for FSW to PNP/QSW. Then Medical will also be done by them (Federal) That is when one will say Eligibility is fully completed. The initial part (Education & work experiences) are done at provincial level. That is why they are responsible for SELECTION.

GURU Sharuu We both saying the same thing!!!...

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
xse2573 said:
@ Sharuu
We are saying the same thing!!!...Once the "SECURITY & CRIMINALITY" are done that is the background check for FSW to PNP/QSW. Then Medical will also be done by them (Federal) That is when one will say Eligibility is fully completed. The initial part (Education & work experiences) are done at provincial level. That is why they are responsible for SELECTION.

GURU Sharuu We both saying the same thing!!!...
Agree with XSE says... the thing is Quebec selects its own immigrants which is clearly stated in CIC and CIC just checks the admissibility of the candidates.. so eligibility to enter Canada from security and medical grounds is what will be done by Federal. CSQ and other PNP goes differently as we all know

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
prasamp said:
Agree with XSE says... the thing is Quebec selects its own immigrants which is clearly stated in CIC and CIC just checks the admissibility of the candidates.. so eligibility to enter Canada from security and medical grounds is what will be done by Federal. CSQ and other PNP goes differently as we all know
So it's normal for the ELIGIBILITY section in GCMS notes to always be "NOT STARTED" for QSWs, there are separate sections in the GCMS for security and medicals

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Thanks for the interesting discussion on eligibility dear friends. Its nice to hear different point of views.

Lets all hope that August brings good news to those of us waiting for more than a year...

jo45000

Aug 6, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've just regist myself to this forum to share my very long timeline... :(

The Buffalo office has received my application on Dec2010. I've got my medical results done in May 2011. My file was transfered to the New york office in Feb 2012 and I am still waiting. on August 23th, it's going to be 20 months of waiting.

I ve already requested informations with "access to information act" and it appears that my process is "blocked" on criminal check since May 2011 and still in progress..

student3000

Feb 26, 2012
sharuu said:
B Screening might mean Background Screening and B92 might mean buffalo and 92 might be a location in buffalo office. On the first page, what is the location of your file. Assignment should be in the first or second page, and there should be due date below it.

The due date is more like a bring forward date, when they expect to revisit your case for that section.

What is your timeline?
The medical exams seem to be valid for one year only. Judging by the (turtle-walk-like :( ???) speed of processing, what happens if the processing is not complete from within a year of the date of medicals. Would CIC require one to go through another medical exam again (and pay once more all those doctor fees ???)

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
student3000 said:
The medical exams seem to be valid for one year only. Judging by the (turtle-walk-like :( ???) speed of processing, what happens if the processing is not complete from within a year of the date of medicals. Would CIC require one to go through another medical exam again (and pay once more all those doctor fees ???)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Some people who have received GCMS Notes have their due date 1 year from AOR... Why the 1 year mark?

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
Hi Sharu,

Do you know when your application status changed to In Process? Means, what triggered the change. Are your security checks complete?

Still I am confused what does in process signify. For some people, its very fast after in process while for others it takes many months.

I am in process since may 17 but i dont know where my file is. I applied to buffalo in septembe 2011 so I am still within processing time. I received the AOR and meds from ottawa.

I think when it goes to In process, that means an officer is assigned and background checks are initiated (criminality + security), once that is done, PPR is issued. Do you think otherwise?

thanks,

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
Hi Sharu,

Do you know when your application status changed to In Process? Means, what triggered the change. Are your security checks complete?

Still I am confused what does in process signify. For some people, its very fast after in process while for others it takes many months.

I am in process since may 17 but i dont know where my file is. I applied to buffalo in septembe 2011 so I am still within processing time. I received the AOR and meds from ottawa.

I think when it goes to In process, that means an officer is assigned and background checks are initiated (criminality + security), once that is done, PPR is issued. Do you think otherwise?

thanks,
There have so many different cases that signifying one reason behind in process is different. Mine went IN PROCESS same date as yours. The reason mine went in process was all my checks were completed but also that is when my file was sent to Ottawa...

According to my observation, there are 2 main scenarios - this is only applicable to 2011 applicants.

- For people who applied before Sept, Ottawa was issuing AOR and doing a name check. If the check came clear, your file was sent to Buffalo. At that point your ECAS would have been App received and later when you cleared medicals, medicals have been received would have been added. Once all your checks have been cleared, IN PROCESS would occur and you would get PPR within a week or so. Sometimes, you would even not see it go in process and only app received and people would get PPR.

- Second scenario was around sept, when entire process was conducted by Ottawa. When that happened, you were issued AOR + MR, and you went straight to IN PROCESS or when all your checks were completed. Then usually on the next due date you would get PPR.. Thats why somepeople would get PPR in 4-6 months.

Adding a spouse later on or VO requesting a document also signifies that they will put you IN PROCESS... I know some people discuss well my in my case in process didnt happen on this date, well remember one thing, We are talking about 2 different visa offices who have different visa officers and most importantly cases are different from one another!

From the little knowledge I have, this is what I have understood!

student3000

Feb 26, 2012
sharuu said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Some people who have received GCMS Notes have their due date 1 year from AOR... Why the 1 year mark?
Exactly my point..the validity of the medical results is exactly one year from the day you have them done. My point is that what if the processing is not finished by the CIC by that one year mark?? e.g. "A" had his medical exam on August 15th 2011. If his file is not finalized by August 15th 2012, will CIC require him to undergo another medical exam??

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
student3000 said:
Exactly my point..the validity of the medical results is exactly one year from the day you have them done. My point is that what if the processing is not finished by the CIC by that one year mark?? e.g. "A" had his medical exam on August 15th 2011. If his file is not finalized by August 15th 2012, will CIC require him to undergo another medical exam??
If you read the link it states 15 months, for medical exam. Again, it depends on the visa officer but hopefully they can extend it. One thing which not many people might be aware of is this..

When your name check is run, that is the date when your file gets created. If that gets cleared then AOR is issued, if not they issue AOR but also ask for fingerprints. Sometimes, fingerprints are asked even before AOR is issued. The validity of that is 1 year, that is another reason when some of you see the due date 1 year from file created and not exactly from the date of your medicals!

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
I live in Ontario in Canada. I applied for my CSQ at Montreal office and now received it.

Now I am about to submit my Federal Application in CIO-Sydney under QSW with my CSQ. My question is that, is there any body on this form, who applied under QSW while in-Canada (outside Quebec)?

Will it cause any trouble for me that I am currently not living inside Quebec (but in Ontario) will my immigration is completed?

Sincerely,
Indus

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
sharuu said:
There have so many different cases that signifying one reason behind in process is different. Mine went IN PROCESS same date as yours. The reason mine went in process was all my checks were completed but also that is when my file was sent to Ottawa...

According to my observation, there are 2 main scenarios - this is only applicable to 2011 applicants.

- For people who applied before Sept, Ottawa was issuing AOR and doing a name check. If the check came clear, your file was sent to Buffalo. At that point your ECAS would have been App received and later when you cleared medicals, medicals have been received would have been added. Once all your checks have been cleared, IN PROCESS would occur and you would get PPR within a week or so. Sometimes, you would even not see it go in process and only app received and people would get PPR.

- Second scenario was around sept, when entire process was conducted by Ottawa. When that happened, you were issued AOR + MR, and you went straight to IN PROCESS or when all your checks were completed. Then usually on the next due date you would get PPR.. Thats why somepeople would get PPR in 4-6 months.

Adding a spouse later on or VO requesting a document also signifies that they will put you IN PROCESS... I know some people discuss well my in my case in process didnt happen on this date, well remember one thing, We are talking about 2 different visa offices who have different visa officers and most importantly cases are different from one another!

From the little knowledge I have, this is what I have understood!
Sharuu..
adding to what you had mentioned...there are cases whose status never changed to In Process...from AOR to PPR it was application received and went to decision made....they too belong CEC,PNP,QSW cateogries.. this process is one mystery to crack :(