03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@ beakster

you think they will reimbourse you? mh...i might give this one a try..

at the moment i can't decide....doing it online or go to the border....i don't have a car, and i need to find one who has one and is available at the time i'm able to....

never done stuff like this at the border, hope they are a friendly bunch over there... :)

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010 CSQ Application
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
lepatissier07 said:
@ beakster

you think they will reimbourse you? mh...i might give this one a try..

at the moment i can't decide....doing it online or go to the border....i don't have a car, and i need to find one who has one and is available at the time i'm able to....

never done stuff like this at the border, hope they are a friendly bunch over there... :)
I'm not sure if they will reimburse me, but I think morally they should. I've wasted a lot of money on private health care for myself and my spouse as a result of not knowing about these rules, and I don't think its fair they will charge me for an LMO and CAQ I do not need. They should have received my letter today so I'll wait a couple of weeks and then call them if I haven't heard anything.

They are usually friendly and professional at the border although they don't always know all the rules, so its important that you know them and have print outs explaining that what you are trying to do can be done. You can hire a car for a day or less quite cheaply. Just make sure you have all the right documentation. The letter from your work is probably the most important thing, and this letter must have an end date which is less than 3 years away (I usually go for 2) on it as they need to put an end date on your new work permit. Make sure you have a means to pay the $150 for the work permit while you are there too.

I've never done it online or by post, but I like to avoid uncertain time scales where possible so I know whats happening which is why I always do these things are the border.

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010 CSQ Application
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
Update on my situation... My letter was received by Immigration Quebec today and they have now called me 3 times.

1st time: To better understand my situation and tell me I will get a refund
2nd time: To tell me they don't think I can get a refund due to the fact my application was received 4 days before June 1st
3rd time: Superior of the person I spoke to earlier called me to check that I had no pending work permit application, I had the work permit I needed already. They then said they will contact my employer and ask them to fax service canada to have them withdraw the LMO application, and that they will refund my $364 ;D but it will take around 8 weeks to process the refund ???.

So I don't need to do anything else now. In a years time I'll hopefully either get PR or move back to the UK so won't need to deal with these hassles any more :D

Djoker

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys somebody can explain to me which category we are belong (me and my wife ).

Me - Electrical Engineering degree ( 5 years course philippines )
My wife - Degree in nursing ( 4 years course in philippines )

And treated as a Québec diploma:

•a Canadian diploma (if it is issued by the minister responsible for education or by a university of a Canadian province or territory);
•a foreign diploma recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body, except if it is a medical diploma;
•a foreign diploma or training leading to the practice of a regulated profession or trade in Québec, if you have already received authorization to practise this occupation in Québec;
•a training certificate that falls under a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) concluded within the framework of a mutual recognition agreement regarding professional qualifications with another government, for the practice of a profession governed by a professional order in Québec. You must possess the legal ability to practise required under this arrangement and this arrangement must have been implemented. Note that France is the only country with which such an agreement has been concluded. Make sure you meet the conditions set out under the MRA for your profession so that your training certificate can be treated as a Québec diploma (in French);
•a foreign diploma or training that falls under an MRA that allows for the practice of a regulated occupation in Québec, if the Québec regulatory body attests that you meet the required training conditions and, if applicable, the professional experience required to practise this occupation (in French).

I just want to confirm if we are belong to the highlighted one, now i'm filling up the applicatin form and this is related to question no.8
Thank you very much

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
any news from CPP_Ottawa? Anybody????

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
CEC5 said:
any news from CPP_Ottawa? Anybody????
Today i received a reply from OTT pilot.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Due to the high volume of correspondence received, we are unable to provide a status update to you. The officer responsible for your file will contact you if any action is required from you. Please note the standard processing times for applications for permanent residence within the category in which you have applied are available on our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp . In the meantime, please ensure your information is kept up-to-date, particularly if there is a change in your marital status or in the event of a birth or death in your family. You must also advise this office of any change to your contact information, such as a change in your residential or e-mail address.

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
no news (for now) from Ottawa in my case. But it seems in my case it is moving "reasonable fast" .

AOR : 3rd May with Meds attached

Ecas Access: 7th may

Meds Done: 8th May

Ecas shows: 23rd May Started Processing

Ecas shows: 7th June Address shows up

Ecas shows: 28th June Meds received shows up

2-3 weeks in between updates. My case is a reasonably big one, 5 PCC's....several employers....mainly Europe.. I ordered CAIPS just because i'm curious what they are doing...

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
guys i have sent my passport to detroit for pr stamp. how long does it take for them to process and return my passport. any ideas?

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
I have a question from you guys and appreciate your answers.
I live in Quebec and I very recently received my CSQ and sent my documents for the Federal level. the problem is I have to leave outside of Quebec (still in Canada though) for more than 6 months and I was very worried if it's gonna be a problem. Considering (IMM 0008 Schedule 5 (Intent to reside declaration for Quebec Skilled Workers) form that I signed I know that if the authority figure it out my application will be most probably declined. I wanted to know is there any one who has done the same thing (leaving Quebec between CSQ and Federal stage)? if I do it low key (and don't let them know about it) how can they figure it out?

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasmin13 said:
I live in Quebec and I very recently received my CSQ and sent my documents for the Federal level. the problem is I have to leave outside of Quebec (still in Canada though) for more than 6 months and I was very worried if it's gonna be a problem. Considering (IMM 0008 Schedule 5 (Intent to reside declaration for Quebec Skilled Workers) form that I signed I know that if the authority figure it out my application will be most probably declined. I wanted to know is there any one who has done the same thing (leaving Quebec between CSQ and Federal stage)? if I do it low key (and don't let them know about it) how can they figure it out?
You can travel any time during the process as long as you keep your status in Canada. Meaning, you are able to return if you go outside the country. I hope I did answer your question.

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
speednab said:
You can travel any time during the process as long as you keep your status in Canada. Meaning, you are able to return if you go outside the country. I hope I did answer your question.
thanks so much, my problem is I have to stay there for about 6 months and I though it might be considered as my intention of not living in Quebec.

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
jasmin13 said:
The declaration of intent to reside in Quebec document you signed simply means that you intend to reside in Quebec, and not in any other Canadian province. It does not preclude you from living in another country.

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
cvd222 said:
The declaration of intent to reside in Quebec document you signed simply means that you intend to reside in Quebec, and not in any other Canadian province. It does not preclude you from living in another country.
thanks for your answer. that's exactly my problem. as I mentioned in the post I have to reside in another province in Canada for about 6 months (not another country).

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jasmin13 said:
thanks for your answer. that's exactly my problem. as I mentioned in the post I have to reside in another province in Canada for about 6 months (not another country).

Hi jasmin...if you could justify the reason for you staying outside Quebec you wont have any problems... but i am sure you can expect them to send you a letter on this same...2 of my friends got it start of this year...they went for a internship outside and were paid which is enough they can trace it on your SIN and CRA...so if you have justification and intention to reside in quebec you should be fine.. else if you want it to be smooth...please update immigraiton quebec on this before going out of the province..."Send a letter with supporting documents" which is issues as part of your job or studies etc... if you travel outside canada you dont need to give any updates to them..but if you stay outside quebec and then get income on your SIN frmo another province your T4 will clearly show them your work for other province...so please update them before they find it...they will surely accept if its for a business purpose. good luck!!

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
chibiks said:
guys i have sent my passport to detroit for pr stamp. how long does it take for them to process and return my passport. any ideas?
Hello,

Can you please share your timeline with us. thanks