App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-03-2018
Med's Request
27-03-2018
So it needs to be done from inside Canada?
I m visa exempt so it should be the same right?
For him it could have been from inside Canada or inside the United States - either way we still were instructed to send to Ottawa. He is here every weekend so we chose to do it from in Canada and send to our Canadian address to hopefully get it back faster.

CountryGurl_GMC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Morriston, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-03-2018
Med's Request
27-03-2018
That's awesome...Congrats! Was this inland or outland application and which visa office was involved?
It was received on Feb 6
Outland processed in Mississauga
American PA

noonnabi

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Everything they requested with the PPR was delivered to Ottawa first thing this morning.

Does anyone know how long we can expect to wait to get his documents back?
Same situation (American applying outland; documents were delivered on 6/18). Have you gotten any clarity on when the documents should be returned to you? I presume it's a case-by-case thing.

CountryGurl_GMC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Morriston, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-03-2018
Med's Request
27-03-2018
Same situation (American applying outland; documents were delivered on 6/18). Have you gotten any clarity on when the documents should be returned to you? I presume it's a case-by-case thing.
Unfortunately no I haven't gotten any clarification - when I logged into CIC MY ACCOUNT this morning things have changed and it literally says "Your Application was Approved" so I am hoping that means COPR is on the way!

Reactions: Cheryllove

cw7585

May 31, 2018
My wife's status has just changed to DM in ecas today. We're another outland Feb 6th application handled through Mississauga instead of an overseas VO. :) PPR hasn't made it to her email yet but we suspect it's imminent. Nothing's changed on the CIC page yet - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made" etc.

Something a bit weird - we had no "we started processing the application on X date" line in ecas until today. It's got the date June 20th, so it's all happened at once.

Reactions: CountryGurl_GMC

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
My wife's status has just changed to DM in ecas today. We're another outland Feb 6th application handled through Mississauga instead of an overseas VO. :) PPR hasn't made it to her email yet but we suspect it's imminent. Nothing's changed on the CIC page yet - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made" etc.

Something a bit weird - we had no "we started processing the application on X date" line in ecas until today. It's got the date June 20th, so it's all happened at once.
Woow that is a good news, congrats!!

noonnabi

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018

I'm a January applicant, and according to ECAS, they started processing my application on 5/29. I received my PPR the next day. The CIC page changed to "Approved" four days after CPC - Ottawa received my documents. Hopefully your application follows a similar trajectory!

Reactions: cw7585

cw7585

May 31, 2018
I'm a January applicant, and according to ECAS, they started processing my application on 5/29. I received my PPR the next day. The CIC page changed to "Approved" four days after CPC - Ottawa received my documents. Hopefully your application follows a similar trajectory!
Me too! We were quite prepared to wait for this to take at least a year. Even if it's another couple of months before all's done and dusted, we're happy.

Hoping for good news for others on the boards this month. :) Clearly, they're working away at the piles in those offices.

Reactions: noonnabi

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Me too! We were quite prepared to wait for this to take at least a year. Even if it's another couple of months before all's done and dusted, we're happy.

Hoping for good news for others on the boards this month. :) Clearly, they're working away at the piles in those offices.
Out of interest, is the PA a US citizen? Just interested as to whether it's other nationalities getting processed quickly at Mississauga as well as the US citizens as it's mostly them I've noticed getting through on these 4-5 month timelines!

Reactions: Cheryllove

cw7585

May 31, 2018
Out of interest, is the PA a US citizen? Just interested as to whether it's other nationalities getting processed quickly at Mississauga as well as the US citizens as it's mostly them I've noticed getting through on these 4-5 month timelines!
South Korean citizen. We live in the Middle East. We married almost 20 years ago in Canada, left Canada in 2001 before her then-inland application had been completed (they refunded our application money, which was nice of them) & now have two Canadian daughters born in assorted countries we've lived in along the way. We're moving back to Canada this summer.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
South Korean citizen. We live in the Middle East. We married almost 20 years ago in Canada, left Canada in 2001 before her then-inland application had been completed (they refunded our application money, which was nice of them) & now have two Canadian daughters born in assorted countries we've lived in along the way. We're moving back to Canada this summer.
Interesting history! As a non-US citizen being processed in Mississauga (App received Feb 16), nice to hear too!

Congratulations and good luck on your move back to Canada :)

Reactions: cw7585