+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sukhi1988

Nov 13, 2014
Hi all
My application got returned.. i called cic today and came to know about this.. he said application was returned on 4th april.. any idea how they mail the returned application? Like regular post or what?

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Hi all
My application got returned.. i called cic today and came to know about this.. he said application was returned on 4th april.. any idea how they mail the returned application? Like regular post or what?
When was your application received and reason for returning? They send it through regular mail. Good luck.

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Received AOR1 on 10th April & request for medical on 16th April. Any idea when will I receive request for PCC & Schedule A?
Also is it normal to get medical request first?

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
The latest reported decision that I know of from Mississauga is an application that was received on November 17, with a processing time of around 140 days from receipt. They seem to be getting a little bit faster and to be clearing a backlog right now, so I'm estimating 135-145 days for my own application which was received on January 15. that puts me at the end of May or beginning of June. I would estimate that February won't be that far behind.
Well I really wish we can look forward to such a timeline... maybe the fact that both me and my wife are lifelong employees of the respective governments and met through work has a part in keeping the case "simple"

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Got Update: We are processing background check!

• PA: American Citizen by Birth
  • Sponsor: Canadian Citizen By Birth
Applying under Common Law OUTLAND from Quebec!

February 5, 2018 :
Application sent.
February 6, 2018 : Application Received.
March 19, 2018 : AOR1
March 20, 2018 : Linked Application.
March 20, 2018 : Schedule A Request / Police Check Request
March 24, 2018 : Sponsor Decision Made
March 27, 2018 : Schedule A / Police Check uploaded.
March 27, 2018: Medical requested!
April 3, 2018: SA email received! & AOR2
April 4, 2018: CSQ requested!
April 6, 2018: Medical Completed. CSQ sent to Quebec.
April 17, 2018: "We are processing your background check!"

Waiting....

sukhi1988

Nov 13, 2014
When was your application received and reason for returning? They send it through regular mail. Good luck.
I dont know the reason yet unless I receive it. The call centre rep doesn't know the reason.. he said u will get to know the reason in explanation letter in ur returned application. application was received 21feb and they return it on april 4th

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Got Update: We are processing background check!

• PA: American Citizen by Birth
  • Sponsor: Canadian Citizen By Birth
Applying under Common Law OUTLAND from Quebec!

February 5, 2018 :
Application sent.
February 6, 2018 : Application Received.
March 19, 2018 : AOR1
March 20, 2018 : Linked Application.
March 20, 2018 : Schedule A Request / Police Check Request
March 24, 2018 : Sponsor Decision Made
March 27, 2018 : Schedule A / Police Check uploaded.
March 27, 2018: Medical requested!
April 3, 2018: SA email received! & AOR2
April 4, 2018: CSQ requested!
April 6, 2018: Medical Completed. CSQ sent to Quebec.
April 17, 2018: "We are processing your background check!"

Waiting....
Exciting! We're waiting for that notice now... :rolleyes:

minish

Feb 19, 2018
London, UK
Category........
FAM
Hey,

We sent our application on 20th Feb, it was received on 22nd Feb and we haven't heard anything at all yet. As of today it's been 55 days.

I'm starting to get worried as I'm watching the 2018 spreadsheet and everyone else seems to be getting AOR.

Should I be worried? Is this a normal timeline?

Is there a number we can call? I've seen this number for the Case Processing Centre: +1 888-242-2100 but is this the number that people have real difficulty getting through to?

I know it's a case of waiting but it's driving me mad! haha

We applied outland. Both me (PA) and my husband(Sponsor) live in the UK

Any help appreciated!

J3lib3li

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hey,

We sent our application on 20th Feb, it was received on 22nd Feb and we haven't heard anything at all yet. As of today it's been 55 days.

I'm starting to get worried as I'm watching the 2018 spreadsheet and everyone else seems to be getting AOR.

Is there a number we can call? I've seen this number for the Case Processing Centre: +1 888-242-2100 but is this the number that people have real difficulty getting through to?

Any help appreciated!
Yes give them a call there’s nothing wrong with inquiring about your application
It’s very busy and hard to get through just have to keep trying

Heizenbaker

Apr 12, 2018
Received AOR1 on 10th April & request for medical on 16th April. Any idea when will I receive request for PCC & Schedule A?
Also is it normal to get medical request first?
The exact same thing, Recieved AOR1 on 12th April and medical on 18th April. Did not get any request for PCC or Sched A. Didnt get instructions on linking application either but successfully linked it by creating a GC key account. Kind of strange on the medical first but hope its nothing to worry about!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey,

Any help appreciated!
2 1 1 0, call at 7:55EST

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
The exact same thing, Recieved AOR1 on 12th April and medical on 18th April. Did not get any request for PCC or Sched A. Didnt get instructions on linking application either but successfully linked it by creating a GC key account. Kind of strange on the medical first but hope its nothing to worry about!
Got request for Schedule A , PCC and marriage certificate today.

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
Got request for PCC today. The pdf says
“Some countries need a consent form from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada to issue a police certificate. Find out (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp if the country from which you need a police certificate requires a consent form. If so, you should upload the consent form in place of the police certificate. We will assess the consent form and start the police certificate request”

Can someone explain this please? Does consent form here means request letter for PCC? If yes, it is required for my country. Where do I get it from? I’m really confused here

priysen

Feb 9, 2018
Hi nyone submiited in March.Pls let me know .I am a PR canada , my husband is PA (USA) sent application package on 2nd March . Yet to receive file number

MaryRosalind

Mar 5, 2018
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
01/06/2022
AOR Received.
02/06/2022
Hey,

Any help appreciated!
We also are waiting for news. We both live in the USA and applied Outland. Application signed for Feb. 16. The number that people call can only be used in Canada. I tried it from the USA and it wouldn't go through. Fortunately I live close enough to the Canadian border so am going to visit friends on the weekend and will try to call on Monday. If I can get through I will post my results. Good luck to you.