+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
My husband got PPR on the 22nd and brought his passport and 2 pictures this morning at the embassy. Does anyone know how long it takes to get it back? Are passports sent to Canada for stamping?
Nope. They’re stamped at your local visa office. As for how long it takes, depends where you submitted. I submitted in Riyadh-Saudi Arabia on 25th November. Yesterday evening, my tracking showed the passport is ready to collect. I’ll be collecting it today. So for me it was merely 3 days.

Reactions: ruzzr

Emkay625

Apr 21, 2018
Nope. They’re stamped at your local visa office. As for how long it takes, depends where you submitted. I submitted in Riyadh-Saudi Arabia on 25th November. Yesterday evening, my tracking showed the passport is ready to collect. I’ll be collecting it today. So for me it was merely 3 days.
He submitted in Port-au-Prince Haiti. He dropped it off at the embassy himself today but they did not give him a receipt or anything. How are you tracking yours?

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Thank you for the timeline and congratulation once again.
Mine was submitted - April 29th 2018
Transferred to LVO & AOR2 -12th July 2018
Passed medical - June 7th 2018
Now waiting to Pre arrival email and PPR.
When you think it’s gonn happen?
Hey we have similar timeline ! Our file got transferred to London In July 17 .. have your background check started yet ?

Good luck all

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Hey we have similar timeline ! Our file got transferred to London In July 17 .. have your background check started yet ?

Good luck all
Sorry my application want actually sent 20th April 2018 and got transferred and AOR2 July 12th and i submitted Quebec certificate as requested Sept 18th. No update since then, no background check yet also.
Did they start your background check yet?

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
He submitted in Port-au-Prince Haiti. He dropped it off at the embassy himself today but they did not give him a receipt or anything. How are you tracking yours?
I did get a tracking ID. I think he should call them and confirm.
I’m suppose to show the receipt with this tracking ID when I collect my passport. What kind of proof is he suppose to show then? If he didn’t received any kind of receipt?

Nassis25

Nov 29, 2018
Hi! My background check has just started... anyone could tell me what I should expect next and how long it is taking generally for decision made?

Guitarlife

Feb 1, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys I am reading thru this link now and its really very discouraging for me, I am due to land in Calgary in February as a permanent resident and due to some circumstances I wont be getting married before I land which leaves me with the option of sponsoring a spouse. I think the process is too overwhelming and slow, I am beginning to think I may be better off finding a spouse inland in Canada. What do you guys think on the feasibility of this. I need good advise from people who have experience and understands what the options are, my problem with spousal sponsorship is the uncertainty and the slowness. Thank you very much for your time responding to me.

ruzzr

Nov 15, 2018
Congratulations Layla. I need some help, my ppr asked me to send my passport to abu dhabi visa office but i live in Jeddah so can i submit it at vfs Jeddah for transmitta or should i request change to Riyadh visa office for passport submission?? Did your ppr asked you to submit your passport to Riyadh visa office?? Thank you.

ZafarH

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hi guys I am reading thru this link now and its really very discouraging for me, I am due to land in Calgary in February as a permanent resident and due to some circumstances I wont be getting married before I land which leaves me with the option of sponsoring a spouse. I think the process is too overwhelming and slow, I am beginning to think I may be better off finding a spouse inland in Canada. What do you guys think on the feasibility of this. I need good advise from people who have experience and understands what the options are, my problem with spousal sponsorship is the uncertainty and the slowness. Thank you very much for your time responding to me.
Its not that bad. give yourself 10-12 months for the sponsorship process to complete. I sponsored my wife in Feb 2018. She just received her passport request last week.
She is in Pakistan and I am in Canada. We went on 2 trips... 4 months apart during this sponsorship process. so the overall process was not bad at all. Hope this helps!

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Its not that bad. give yourself 10-12 months for the sponsorship process to complete. I sponsored my wife in Feb 2018. She just received her passport request last week.
She is in Pakistan and I am in Canada. We went on 2 trips... 4 months apart during this sponsorship process. so the overall process was not bad at all. Hope this helps!
Congrats. Have you submitted your passport?

Praveenvats

Dec 6, 2018
Hi everyone
I applied for my wife visa in Feb 20 th 2018 .I got AOR after 30 days then the medical request in April 5th . Last update that I can see is medical results have been recieved. After that no correspondence whatsoever. It's been almost 10 months , I didn't get any response. My wife is in Delhi India. When should I expect reply .

Nosi

Dec 6, 2018
Hi everyone, just got my application to sponsor my spouse return back because it miss police clearance for the principal applicant. Question is..when l resubmit do l have to fill all new forms and do barcodes?. Do l have to pay again. Need help. Do l have to use the same application no they have. Is it best to resubmit using online?