+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi Friends,

I was looking for country specific requirements for spousal sponsorship (outland - India) :

It displays the following:
Document Checklist – Spouse (including dependent children of spouse) [IMM 5533]
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
Sponsorship Evaluation and Relationship Questionnaire (IMM 5532)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008
]Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP - N/A
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562]
Birth Certificate from India.

Please let me know, if I have missed any thing. As there are many forms old and new I am in confusion. Currently, I am PR and in Canada and my wife is India. If this is not the current blog could you please re-direct me to there.

All the best for your applications.

Cheers!!

BoomShanker
Here is the link for the IRCC page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Click the link select what are you applying for?
Select the country (India)

get document checklist and read the guideline and follow the checklist
make sure all the forms are up-to date

Requirements – Spouse and dependent children (if applicable)
Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
Country specific requirements
India - Additional forms for residents
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit a complete divorce petition, a judgement and a Final divorce decree.
  • Identity documents for adopted child with Indian passport: If any child on your application was adopted through customary law and not through courts, you must provide an explanation and proof of the adoption, such as:
    • Original adoption deed;
    • Photographs of the adoption ceremony;
    • Power of attorney documents, if applicable;
    • Evidence of contact and financial support with adoptive parents;
    • Letter of no objection from the Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The guidelines which outline CARA requirements can be found at: www.cara.nic.in
    • For international adoptions, the competent authority of the child's residence and province of intended destination must declare in writing that they approve of the adoption as conforming to the Hague Convention.

Reactions: boomshanker

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Here is the link for the IRCC page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Click the link select what are you applying for?
Select the country (India)

get document checklist and read the guideline and follow the checklist
make sure all the forms are up-to date

Requirements – Spouse and dependent children (if applicable)
Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
Country specific requirements
India - Additional forms for residents
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit a complete divorce petition, a judgement and a Final divorce decree.
  • Identity documents for adopted child with Indian passport: If any child on your application was adopted through customary law and not through courts, you must provide an explanation and proof of the adoption, such as:
    • Original adoption deed;
    • Photographs of the adoption ceremony;
    • Power of attorney documents, if applicable;
    • Evidence of contact and financial support with adoptive parents;
    • Letter of no objection from the Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The guidelines which outline CARA requirements can be found at: www.cara.nic.in
    • For international adoptions, the competent authority of the child's residence and province of intended destination must declare in writing that they approve of the adoption as conforming to the Hague Convention.
Thank you.

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi guys have a question.

My husband signed and sent me all forms via DHL. Now that I would like to submit my file the 2 forms IMM1344 & IMM0008 updated February 2018, before was Oct 2017.

Does he need to fill them in sign n send me anoth DHL ? Or he scan copy through email is fine got CIC?

It’s so irritating, ;(

prettybutterfly

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys have a question.

My husband signed and sent me all forms via DHL. Now that I would like to submit my file the 2 forms IMM1344 & IMM0008 updated February 2018, before was Oct 2017.

Does he need to fill them in sign n send me anoth DHL ? Or he scan copy through email is fine got CIC?

It’s so irritating, ;(
the signatures should be real, not scan nor electronic...
I know how you feel, we've all been there

GKnight

Feb 28, 2018
Oh such a relief after reading your reply. On the web page it dose say in the end that the date modified is February 14th. Not sure if that is the actual date they uploaded the new forms.
Yeah we'd definitely get the blessings from the God.

Thanks @Mithra31 and @Nuelssem
The previous forms are valid till March 15th

GKnight

Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys have a question.

It’s so irritating, ;(
Nope. The previous forms are valid till March 15th. That information is available at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/application-kit-spousal-sponsorship.html

GKnight

Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys have a question.

It’s so irritating, ;(
No need for new forms till March 15th.

MaryRosalind

Mar 5, 2018
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
01/06/2022
AOR Received.
02/06/2022
Our application was received February 16th. Now the waiting begins. It looks like about 7 weeks before they open for processing.

MaryRosalind

Mar 5, 2018
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
01/06/2022
AOR Received.
02/06/2022

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Heyy! So all of us who sent it before the change.. What if they don't open our apps before March 14th, will they send it back?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Heyy! So all of us who sent it before the change.. What if they don't open our apps before March 14th, will they send it back?
If you're asking if they open the app after the grace period and old forms are there...

They might, it really depends on the officer...I think most would understand it had been sent prior, but you never know.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
If you're asking if they open the app after the grace period and old forms are there...

They might, it really depends on the officer...I think most would understand it had been sent prior, but you never know.
This is sooo frustrating :(