+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

May 1, 2018
This is completely normal. Most people wait 45-60 ish days before they get their first correspondence with the CIC. Their goal is to have 80% of applications processed within 12 months. Some countries and some straight forward cases are being seen to be processed in as little as 5-8 months but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
When they do start reviewing the application what kind of Notification would I get (I am the sponsor and representative). Would the first Notification be via email? I failed to complete "Linking my paper Application to Online Account". After I sign in, it would prompt me for an email address for notification but would not take my email (tried two emails). I type in my email (required in red) then click update, but it will not go further. How do I proceed with this? Or since they have my email in the Application, would they just use that to make notification?

Layla Fahad

Dec 29, 2017
I got my medical done on 22nd April. Didn’t heard anything from hospital for a week. Called in again and they asked me to get my urine test done again. Did it in 29th April.
No update on my gc account/ecas yet. I’ve till 16 May. What if it doesn’t update till then? What should I do

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
Query on IMM 5476:

Can the sponsor be the representative? I know the sponsor can. But the complete guide says the following:

If the person you’re sponsoring is living outside Canada and is 18 years of age or older, and your address in Canada is provided as their mailing address on the application for permanent residence (IMM 0008), the principal applicant (person you’re sponsoring) must complete a Use of Representative form listing you as their representative.

In this case, do i need to change the form IMM 0008 address of my spouse as my (Sponsor) Canada address?

Nic12

May 4, 2018
I am gathering all the documents to apply for spousal P.R under Family class outside canada.
Should I tell my wife to get PCC and medical done in advance and then add this in Application package?I am sponsor of my spouse(PA).

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I am gathering all the documents to apply for spousal P.R under Family class outside canada.
Should I tell my wife to get PCC and medical done in advance and then add this in Application package?I am sponsor of my spouse(PA).
Under the new application package you must include PCC and schedule A with your application. You can do medical exam in advance or wait to until you are asked to do it

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Query on IMM 5476:

Can the sponsor be the representative? I know the sponsor can. But the complete guide says the following:

If the person you’re sponsoring is living outside Canada and is 18 years of age or older, and your address in Canada is provided as their mailing address on the application for permanent residence (IMM 0008), the principal applicant (person you’re sponsoring) must complete a Use of Representative form listing you as their representative.

In this case, do i need to change the form IMM 0008 address of my spouse as my (Sponsor) Canada address?
Yes the sponsor can be representative of PA. Yes you can provide your address as mailing address for PA and also your email too. All the the correspondence will go to your email (sponsor)

Nic12

May 4, 2018
Do I(sponsor/spouse) have to submit additional family information form (IMM5406E) as well as PA's form ?

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
Yes the sponsor can be representative of PA. Yes you can provide your address as mailing address for PA and also your email too. All the the correspondence will go to your email (sponsor)
Thank you. Also, do I have to sign in the IMM 5476 form if me (the sponsor) is being a representative or only the PA?

NLSVM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Do I(sponsor/spouse) have to submit additional family information form (IMM5406E) as well as PA's form ?
No only PA has to complete this form and it must be completed in full specially the the address and write every name in PA's native language also. But you should check if the sponsor has to complete this form too by checking the country requirements.

CountryGurl_GMC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Morriston, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-03-2018