+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Mar 31, 2024
Applied for a Visitor Visa with the AOR from Spousal PR application
Visitor Visa Submitted on: March 3, 2024
Biometrics Completed on: March 8, 2024
Biometrics enrollment date: March 14, 2024

No update after this yet. Is anyone waiting for the visitor visa as well after applying sponsor PR?

pc.lam

Feb 23, 2024
What is PPR for TRV and SA
I think Medical is not required for Travel Visa
PR Application
Submit: Feb 5
Sponsor: Citizen
PA: Vietnam
AOR: Feb 23
BIL: Mar 15
SA (Sponsor Eligibility Approval): Pending
MIL: Pending

TRV Application
Submit: Mar 6
Passport request: Mar 21

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Applied for a Visitor Visa with the AOR from Spousal PR application
Visitor Visa Submitted on: March 3, 2024
Biometrics Completed on: March 8, 2024
Biometrics enrollment date: March 14, 2024

No update after this yet. Is anyone waiting for the visitor visa as well after applying sponsor PR?
Did you submit the visitor visa application with AOR email or you got the AOR in pdf format and u used that? If so how long it took to receive that AOR pdf document after date of file submission?

Mar 31, 2024
I just received the mail of the AOR and I used that in the visitor visa application. Didn't receive any pdf fie. the mail we get is the AOR itself.

CatCurry

Mar 25, 2024
PR Application
Submit: Feb 5
Sponsor: Citizen
PA: Vietnam
AOR: Feb 23
BIL: Mar 15
SA (Sponsor Eligibility Approval): Pending
MIL: Pending

TRV Application
Submit: Mar 6
Passport request: Mar 21
I am also sponsoring a wife from Vietnam and I want to ask you about the TRV application. So, the passport submitting is done in HCM Canadian embassy or do you submit it online through the portal? Also, if the TRV is approved alongside the SA. Can your wife come to Canada via buying her an airplane ticket or does she still need to wait for something else??

pc.lam

Feb 23, 2024
I am also sponsoring a wife from Vietnam and I want to ask you about the TRV application. So, the passport submitting is done in HCM Canadian embassy or do you submit it online through the portal? Also, if the TRV is approved alongside the SA. Can your wife come to Canada via buying her an airplane ticket or does she still need to wait for something else??
My wife submitted her passport for the RTV at the embassy in Ho Chi Minh. All she needs is a visa and a ticket. There is nothing else she needs to wait for.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatCurry
Mar 31, 2024
Hi everyone,

Do you have any idea why there is so much delay in the application? I know it's a weird question as no one can have a firm answer but I am a little concerned. My husband submitted his visitor Visa with AOR on March 3 and it is almost 1 month now. The processing time is 21 days and this was supposed to be a priority as they mentioned last year when they introduced this program in May 2023.

theyapranz

May 23, 2022
February 05,2024- Submitted
February 22, 2024- AOR

March 14, 2024 IRCC updated Biometrics and Background Verification in progress

but I haven’t recieved any biometrics letter yet

Curious005

Apr 11, 2023
Submitted: Feb 06
AOR: Feb 24
BIL: March 14
SA: March 15