+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
I received an email from IRCC
This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or
conjugal partner and the associated application for a permanent resident visa.
Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:
Country Specific Requirements
You may need to submit extra forms based on where the person you’re sponsoring lives.
When you visit the application package page on the IRCC website, you’ll select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as:
IMM 5562 Supplementary Information – Your Travels
You’ll find country specific requirements on the application package page. Please visit:

in this case I have to submit full application again or only send form 5562
Thank you
It looks like you will need to submit a new application with the correct county instructions. Always pay attention to the small details

Reactions: am4u2ster

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Just resubmit with the missing form on the same application, you DO NOT need to make a new app or reupload all the other documents Again.

Reactions: Charbk

Amandhaliwal

Dec 27, 2018
Hi guys i applied today for my husband TRV also. As from india processing time is only 28 days for visitors visa , so took a chance along with his PR application in process. After hearing the news from immigration having a little bit of extra hope to get approval but not sure.
Our timeline is
File submitted- 8 february 2023
AOR- 27 march
Biometric- 3 april
SA-3 april
Medical- 4 april

Rest is in waiting.

Reactions: Charbk

Apr 20, 2023
Hi guys i applied today for my husband TRV also. As from india processing time is only 28 days for visitors visa , so took a chance along with his PR application in process. After hearing the news from immigration having a little bit of extra hope to get approval but not sure.
Our timeline is
File submitted- 8 february 2023
AOR- 27 march
Biometric- 3 april
SA-3 april
Medical- 4 april

Rest is in waiting.
Can you please share where did you apply and did you added or mentioned in any document that you are applying under new TRV policy for spouse?

Amandhaliwal

Dec 27, 2018
Can you please share where did you apply and did you added or mentioned in any document that you are applying under new TRV policy for spouse?
I didn’t mention that i am applying under new TRV policy as our application was ready and signed on 26th. We used a representative for application. But in Invitation letter i mentioned about his PR application status.

Reactions: R_Trikha

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
I know this question wasn’t for me but..we applied for TRV yesterday. Very straight forward via ircc account. Tells you what to upload: 2 filled IMM form (5257 & 5465) in the 5257 document we mentioned that we have a pr file in progress along with the file number and pa uci. Expect to upload PA passport page, invitation letter, itinerary for travel, digital photo 35mmx45mm & proof of funds. If you want to use a representative add the representative form as well. In any case there’s a personalized questionnaire to do before it tells you what you need to upload. Once all is uploaded you pay the 100$ and thats it. It’s already linked to my tracker and gckey without me doing anything.

Reactions: Amandhaliwal

Lucky4life

Feb 24, 2023
Out of curiosity, roughly what amount min should we be showing for proof of funds. I heard min 2k per month for duration of stay dependent on the geographic area intended I.e Toronto. Are any of you doing a letter of invitation where spouse backs up a portion of the funds due to the spouse’s country currency being low?

Under the pr undertaking, the spouse agreed to care for the applicant including their financial need. So under TRV can we utilize sponsor’s income as proof of funds?

R_Trikha

Jun 2, 2023
Hello All, I have a question regarding TRV for Spouse, Anyone who recently applied for the TRV since the news from the Immigration Minister. What are the key points while applying the TRV? I have applied already for the Spousal Sponsorship by myself.

1. Did you guys applied under the length of Stay as less than 6 months or more than 6 months Visa, under the TRV Visa Category.
2. And, In the letter of Invitation what did you mention regarding the Sponsorship ?
3. Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter -- What did you mention in the letter of Support? as it asks for both letter of Support and Banks statements.
4. And, Did anyone provided the letter of explanation? I will paste the link as a reference and explain why we are applying for the TRV (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html)

I understand its a lot of Questions, but I would really appreciate if someone would be able to answer these questions as it's new under this category so wanted to be sure before I apply.
I wanted to give it a try after the news came out as my timeline for the Spousal Sponsorship Application is still under progress.

Timeline:
Application Submitted: Feb 9, 2023
AOR: March 28, 2023
Biometrics Request: April 5, 2023
Biometrics Completed: April 11, 2023
Sponsorship Approval: April 6, 2023
Medical Requested: April 7, 2023
Medical Approved: April 12, 2023
Background Started: April 19, 2023 (still in progress)
Eligibility Started: Not Started

Visa Office: CPC Sydney (It didn't specifically mentioned any visa office but I am assuming its Sydney as its mentioned on the S.A )

Thanks for Reading.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Spousal Sponsorship (Outland)
Sponsor - Canada (Canadian Citizen)
Principal Applicant - Philippines
Submitted: Feb 22, 2023
AOR: April 07, 2023
Biometrics: Done from previous TRV rejection
Sponsor Approval: May 10, 2023
Medical Request: May 11, 2023
Hi there - curious, about your TRV. Did the CIC ask for your Medicals in the TRV process?
if yes, is the applicant allowed to use the medicals done in TRV, submit for PR application as well?

glynfranz

Feb 24, 2012
Hi there - curious, about your TRV. Did the CIC ask for your Medicals in the TRV process?
NO. TRV application was done before the new system applied, so it was before we got married last year.

if yes, is the applicant allowed to use the medicals done in TRV, submit for PR application as well?

francis_palma

Apr 13, 2023
After waiting exactly 90 days, today got our biometrics letter. (and, there was no seperate AOR email)
My spouse completed her biometrics on May 17th (after we received the biometrics instructions on May 11th and sent in the application on Feb 10th).
The biometrics got updated immediately after it is done on May 18th. No updates since then, usually what I saw most common, Sponsors receive their SAs soon after the biometrics is done and the medical request is sent very after the biometrics instructions are sent out.
I see so much randomness in the IRCC processsing workflow/timeline. Any thoughts on the worst case wait time on medical?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Good news for Feb'23 Outland applicants. Another applicant's processing time raises the bar with 5 months and PPR is in!!!
PA was in India. Here's a timeline from facebook group:

It’s my turn to update
Timeline for Spousal PR Outland (NDVO)
Applied : 4th Feb 2023
Biometrics request : 22nd March
Biometrics given: 28th March
Biometrics completed on tracker: 29th March
Sponsor Eligibility passed: 23rd March
Medical request: 23rd March
Medical Given: 25th March
Medical completed on tracker : 1st April
Background updated as in progress: 19th April
Eligibility in progress : 3rd May
Eligibility completed on tracker: 19th May
Pre arrival services received 20th May
COPR and PPR Received 14th June

francis_palma

Apr 13, 2023
Good news for Feb'23 Outland applicants. Another applicant's processing time raises the bar with 5 months and PPR is in!!!
PA was in India. Here's a timeline from facebook group:

It’s my turn to update
Timeline for Spousal PR Outland (NDVO)
Applied : 4th Feb 2023
Biometrics request : 22nd March
Biometrics given: 28th March
Biometrics completed on tracker: 29th March
Sponsor Eligibility passed: 23rd March
Medical request: 23rd March
Medical Given: 25th March
Medical completed on tracker : 1st April
Background updated as in progress: 19th April
Eligibility in progress : 3rd May
Eligibility completed on tracker: 19th May
Pre arrival services received 20th May
COPR and PPR Received 14th June
NO surprise the PA being from India :) but this might be an exceptional case!

Last edited: