+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sam1011

Feb 15, 2019
Stuck on "Test complete" since May 2 this year frustrating.
Same here, test completed on May 3 and everything else is "in progress". I too got excited about this GU every other person got on Oct 27 thinking finally some change but looks like it is a system update. All the best to everyone waiting eagerly for status complete and oat ceremony invites.

zohaib52

Apr 7, 2014
Hi,

I've got a question. My application includes me and my 4.5-year-old son. We're scheduled for a virtual ceremony on November 9, 2023, but here's the catch: we're currently overseas.

Now, we've received two separate emails, each with its own seat number - one for me and one for my son. My confusion is this: can I, as a parent, travel to Canada and represent both of us during the ceremony, or does my little one also need to make the journey to Canada. Do he have to be physically present in Canada, even if he doesn't attend the ceremony.?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks a bunch!

TestUser2023

Aug 22, 2023
Hi,

I've got a question. My application includes me and my 4.5-year-old son. We're scheduled for a virtual ceremony on November 9, 2023, but here's the catch: we're currently overseas.

Now, we've received two separate emails, each with its own seat number - one for me and one for my son. My confusion is this: can I, as a parent, travel to Canada and represent both of us during the ceremony, or does my little one also need to make the journey to Canada. Do he have to be physically present in Canada, even if he doesn't attend the ceremony.?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks a bunch!
Hi, you have to be physically in Canada in order take a ceremony, no matter in-person/virtual one. Same is stated even in your invitation letter and that includes children/minors as well.

Point 5 in Ceremony invitation: "Inside Canada: By participating in this video oath ceremony, you confirm that you, and any family
members associated to your application, will be taking the Oath of citizenship in Canada. If you are
not currently in Canada, contact us as soon as possible in order for us to reschedule your ceremony.
Indicate “Outside Canada – Oath of citizenship” in the subject line of the email. Within the text of your
email, include your name, application number and planned date of return to Canada."

VanCity Surfer

Apr 29, 2023
Hi all and CABA, FYI - received my GCMS notes. All is proceeding as expected. LPP (all three) not yet initiated. Due dates for LPP are stated as 7 Mar 2024. Nothing to do but wait at the moment. Best

Reactions: Kami194