+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
thanks, did you attend the interview in person or overall zoom call.

Assuming went through easily, do they let you attend citizenship oath right away (as i see several people stating that in the forum) or will it take a while.
Is the interview goes well, LPP will show as completed in a couple of days, after that I can take 1 month to receive oath letter.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Is the interview goes well, LPP will show as completed in a couple of days, after that I can take 1 month to receive oath letter.
thanks today i received notice to appear for interview and they requested the passport copies again with translation of stamps not in English

Reactions: amco

sm119

Mar 28, 2023
Test completed - 9th Jun
LPP completed - Aug 3
Email on instructions to download citizenship certificate - Sep 2

Crickets after that :) Is there a substantial time gap between the email on instruction to download citizenship cert and actual oath schedule email? Any experiences?

_ircc_visas

Oct 9, 2022
If background is pending your security hasn't cleared yet. Get GCMS to see if criminality has cleared.
Requested twice. First time in mid June and second time in mid August. Everything is the same between both the notes. The last update was the citizenship test passed notes on April 17. Criminality passed before that on March 27. The only difference was that the redacted security screening section had s.17 the first time and s.21 the second time in the top right corner. Not sure what that exactly means but I looked around and found a couple of results claiming they are mean the same but have different numbers because the first request was under the Access to Information Act and second request was under the Privacy Act.

_ircc_visas

Oct 9, 2022
Requested twice. First time in mid June and second time in mid August. Everything is the same between both the notes. The last update was the citizenship test passed notes on April 17. Criminality passed before that on March 27. The only difference was that the redacted security screening section had s.17 the first time and s.21 the second time in the top right corner. Not sure what that exactly means but I looked around and found a couple of results claiming they are mean the same but have different numbers because the first request was under the Access to Information Act and second request was under the Privacy Act.
Sorry, I meant to write the first GCMS notes had s.17 s.15(1) on the top right corner. Also, the first page of the first GCMS notes has s.16(1)(c) and the first page of the second GCMS notes has s.22(1)(b). Again, that seems to have the same meaning but is different due to being requested under different acts.

mumairs87

Jun 12, 2016
Hi All,

Below is the timeline for my application,

Application: Paper Based
Applicants: Myself, my wife and our 7 years old son
Physical presence: 1110 days
Applicant sent by post: 22 February 2023
Application received: 27 February 2023
AOR: 5 April 2023
Background check completed: 29 May 2023
Scheduled for test: 30 May 2023 in between 5 June 2023 to 25 June 2023
Tested passed: 24 June 2023
Test updated on tracker: 28 June 2023
LPP: In progress
Citizenship cermony: Not started

There has been no updates since 28 June 2023. I reside in Mississauga, so assuming my office will be Mississauga. Couple of queries I have,

1) Is it normal that LPP takes so much time even after background is completed?
2) Should I get in touch with IRCC to ask for any updates or timeline for LPP?
3) Anyone else who has done application (online or paper) from Mississauga in February whose case has already been processed?

Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

Below is the timeline for my application,

Application: Paper Based
Applicants: Myself, my wife and our 7 years old son
Physical presence: 1110 days
Applicant sent by post: 22 February 2023
Application received: 27 February 2023
AOR: 5 April 2023
Background check completed: 29 May 2023
Scheduled for test: 30 May 2023 in between 5 June 2023 to 25 June 2023
Tested passed: 24 June 2023
Test updated on tracker: 28 June 2023
LPP: In progress
Citizenship cermony: Not started

There has been no updates since 28 June 2023. I reside in Mississauga, so assuming my office will be Mississauga. Couple of queries I have,

1) Is it normal that LPP takes so much time even after background is completed?
2) Should I get in touch with IRCC to ask for any updates or timeline for LPP?
3) Anyone else who has done application (online or paper) from Mississauga in February whose case has already been processed?

Thanks!
1) Very normal
2) You are still far away from 18 month processing ETA so expect them parroting the same line on call. But do call to get more info. Some agents do share.

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Can someone pleaae tell me if E CERTIFICATE considered an ORIGINAL DOCUMENT for MINOR passport application? Or should I wait for a paper certificate before I apply? Thank you!

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Sorry, I meant to write the first GCMS notes had s.17 s.15(1) on the top right corner. Also, the first page of the first GCMS notes has s.16(1)(c) and the first page of the second GCMS notes has s.22(1)(b). Again, that seems to have the same meaning but is different due to being requested under different acts.
it's fine, they are working on it.

Zhalo

Oct 27, 2020
What’s next after Lpp do i get an email for oath ceremony or my tracker get updated with Oath instructions