+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Danielcal

Aug 29, 2017
Hi All, we're schedule for Sept 15, 2023 Oath Ceremony in Toronto but no details yet, anyone on the same boat? Unsure if its virtual or in person. Should I be expecting mail or email confirming?

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello just took the oath of citizenship today.
Anybody knows how long it has been taking to have the citizenship available in the portal for download ?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hello just took the oath of citizenship today.
Anybody knows how long it has been taking to have the citizenship available in the portal for download ?
anywhere between 10 minutes to 5 business days is normal. Depends on when the agent approves your signed oath letter in the system. Keep checking couple of times a day

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone- Did anyone receive request for an interview with the citizenship interview from Surrey or any other office.

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Thank you for your answer. All I have to do is check in the portal? Do I get an email saying there’s an update on your portal account ? Or I just keep checking ?

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello everyone- Did anyone receive request for an interview with the citizenship interview from Surrey or any other office.
Yes I had an interview with IRCC. They check all your travel history to make sure you’re eligible, your identity and questions about all your journey in Canada. During the interview they will be able to determine your English skills too.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes I had an interview with IRCC. They check all your travel history to make sure you’re eligible, your identity and questions about all your journey in Canada. During the interview they will be able to determine your English skills too.

thanks, did you attend the interview in person or overall zoom call.

Assuming went through easily, do they let you attend citizenship oath right away (as i see several people stating that in the forum) or will it take a while.