Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Yes. I did.

If you haven't tried yet. You basically need to create a profile with IRCC (used to apply tourist visa/ PR) try creating an account with email you used for the citizenship application. I created one few months ago, so I could use the same one, which has an option of "Download Citizenship e-Certificate". Hope it works.
I tried this but could not find the option

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Folks, I am February applicant. I have completed my oath ceremony on August 10th and received instruction email for ecertificate download on August 11th. Even though I requested Paper certificate in my application, I tried to download ecertificate as per instruction email after 4 days of oath and I was able to download it. Is this normal? Now they will not send me paper certificate? I was expecting paper certificate for my son (minor) with mine in mail, but now I have ecertificate downloaded. Not sure how will I receive certificate for my son. Does anyone have similar experience?

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Further update:

Name: Babs
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1127
Application: Family (3)
Application sent: 29 Jan 2023
Delivered: 02 Feb 2023
AOR: March 15, 2023
In process: March 17, 2023
Background check passed: May 11, 2023
Scheduled for test: May 15, 2023
Received test invite from Scarborough: May 19, 2023
Test availability: May 26, 2023, to June 15, 2023
Test taken: May 26, 2023 (scored 19/20)
Test completed update on Tracker: May 30, 2023
Language skills completed: August 16, 2023
Physical presence completed: August 16, 2023
Prohibitions completed: August 16, 2023
Decision made (ecas estimate): August 16, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Reactions: JensonP

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
Further update:

Name: Babs
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1127
Application: Family (3)
Application sent: 29 Jan 2023
Delivered: 02 Feb 2023
AOR: March 15, 2023
In process: March 17, 2023
Background check passed: May 11, 2023
Scheduled for test: May 15, 2023
Received test invite from Scarborough: May 19, 2023
Test availability: May 26, 2023, to June 15, 2023
Test taken: May 26, 2023 (scored 19/20)
Test completed update on Tracker: May 30, 2023
Language skills completed: August 16, 2023
Physical presence completed: August 16, 2023
Prohibitions completed: August 16, 2023
Decision made (ecas estimate): August 16, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: Not started
Looks like Paper Apps are moving forward along the way

Reshan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi guys, My LPP was completed on August 4th but still no date for the oath ceremony. Any reason why this is taking long ? I see most applicants getting an oath date right after the LPP

sm119

Mar 28, 2023
Hi guys, My LPP was completed on August 4th but still no date for the oath ceremony. Any reason why this is taking long ? I see most applicants getting an oath date right after the LPP
Same boat. LPP completed on 3rd Aug. No news after. Depends on the office processing maybe. Some are faster.

Reactions: Reshan

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Nice! I did not expect that. So what serial number do you have, since you requested your paper-based certificate?
My e-certificate starts with 'X'. However, I did not receive anything yet for minor son. Do you have any idea about this situation?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Folks, I am February applicant. I have completed my oath ceremony on August 10th and received instruction email for ecertificate download on August 11th. Even though I requested Paper certificate in my application, I tried to download ecertificate as per instruction email after 4 days of oath and I was able to download it. Is this normal? Now they will not send me paper certificate? I was expecting paper certificate for my son (minor) with mine in mail, but now I have ecertificate downloaded. Not sure how will I receive certificate for my son. Does anyone have similar experience?
Once you receive e-certificate you wont receive paper one. Did you have a separate email id to track your son's application? If yes, you can create an account using the same and download e-certificate for him too.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Once you receive e-certificate you wont receive paper one. Did you have a separate email id to track your son's application? If yes, you can create an account using the same and download e-certificate for him too.
I used same email ID (mine) for me and my son both. I received AOR email for my son on same email but nothing after that. and file is still showing as In Progress for my son.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I used same email ID (mine) for me and my son both. I received AOR email for my son on same email but nothing after that. and file is still showing as In Progress for my son.
Kids application generally shows In progress and completes once parents application completes. Your son's e-certificate should also show up in your account or I am not sure if they sending paper one for him. You have to contact IRCC to get this sorted out. You can also raise a webform for the same. Additionally you can drop an email to the email address you received oath from and ask update about your kids certificate.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Kids application generally shows In progress and completes once parents application completes. Your son's e-certificate should also show up in your account or I am not sure if they sending paper one for him. You have to contact IRCC to get this sorted out. You can also raise a webform for the same. Additionally you can drop an email to the email address you received oath from and ask update about your kids certificate.
I did not receive oath invite for my son so I asked clerk during my oath ceremony about this and she told me that my son is not scheduled for ceremony. I knew, he doesn't need to attend ceremony but parent has to complete all formalities like ID verification and PR card cut etc. I was told that my son is not scheduled for ceremony. it was strange for me. I called IRCC twice after my oath. First time I was told that I don't need to do anything because my son's application is linked with mine so I will receive paper certificate for both of us in mail. After a week of oath, my application was closed on tracker and I was able to download my e-certificate but my son's application was still in progress and could not download certificate for him. So I called IRCC again yesterday, and I was told that my son's application is still not finalized but in good condition, I don't need to do anything, response was almost similar to last response. For me, I find it strange because all other response in threads related to minor says, parents received oath invite for minor same time as theirs and during ceremony, parent were asked to do ID verification and PR card cutting for minors.
I have already sent email and also raised webform.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I did not receive oath invite for my son so I asked clerk during my oath ceremony about this and she told me that my son is not scheduled for ceremony. I knew, he doesn't need to attend ceremony but parent has to complete all formalities like ID verification and PR card cut etc. I was told that my son is not scheduled for ceremony. it was strange for me. I called IRCC twice after my oath. First time I was told that I don't need to do anything because my son's application is linked with mine so I will receive paper certificate for both of us in mail. After a week of oath, my application was closed on tracker and I was able to download my e-certificate but my son's application was still in progress and could not download certificate for him. So I called IRCC again yesterday, and I was told that my son's application is still not finalized but in good condition, I don't need to do anything, response was almost similar to last response. For me, I find it strange because all other response in threads related to minor says, parents received oath invite for minor same time as theirs and during ceremony, parent were asked to do ID verification and PR card cutting for minors.
I have already sent email and also raised webform.
For some weird reason looks like your son's application is still in progress. This normally does not happen. Its together for both. In your case looks like you need to wait for his oath to be scheduled.