+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
Oh, did you email the requested form to them right after the ceremony? During my ceremony, the clerk showed us the email subject we needed to write (date & time of the ceremony and with his initial on it). As such, he said he would receive it more quickly.
Yes, I did it right after the ceremony and I used the initials of the clerk that checked me in in the subject.. but still nothing. Strange. Im on hold with them on the phone see if I get an answer. I have travel plans in September so I am getting nervous!

porshu

May 5, 2023
Yes, I did it right after the ceremony and I used the initials of the clerk that checked me in in the subject.. but still nothing. Strange. Im on hold with them on the phone see if I get an answer. I have travel plans in September so I am getting nervous!
Hope you could download it very soon. Just fyi, I walk-in to apply my passport on Aug 3 and the pickup date is scheduled on Aug 18 (not express). I checked from the website on last Sat that my passport has been printed. I think it is pretty quick recently.

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
Hope you could download it very soon. Just fyi, I walk-in to apply my passport on Aug 3 and the pickup date is scheduled on Aug 18 (not express). I checked from the website on last Sat that my passport has been printed. I think it is pretty quick recently.
that's good to know, thank you :)

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
I have a questions for those that emailed their Oath Form to Mississauga office. Did you get an automated email stating that the form has been received?

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
It's been 10 days - 5 business days for me and I still don't have it :(
Yes. I did.

If you haven't tried yet. You basically need to create a profile with IRCC (used to apply tourist visa/ PR) try creating an account with email you used for the citizenship application. I created one few months ago, so I could use the same one, which has an option of "Download Citizenship e-Certificate". Hope it works.

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
Yes. I did.

If you haven't tried yet. You basically need to create a profile with IRCC (used to apply tourist visa/ PR) try creating an account with email you used for the citizenship application. I created one few months ago, so I could use the same one, which has an option of "Download Citizenship e-Certificate". Hope it works.
Yes, I got the instructions the day after the cermeony on how to download it.. I have the account, I talked to somebody on the phone and apparently they havent looked at my oath form and uploaded it to their system, therefore I won't have a certificate until somebody looks at it. I have sent many emails and webforms, it's very frustrating. :(

This is the message I get:

There were issues submitting your form.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Here is my timeline
Office: Scarborough
Applied: 23rd Feb 2023
Background Completed: Mar 10, 2023
Citizenship Test Requested: Mar 31, 2023
Citizenship Completed: Apr 4, 2023
Language: Aug 11, 2023
Prohibitions: Aug 11, 2023
Physical presence: Aug 11, 2023
Citizenship oath in progress: Aug 11, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Sep 18, 2023

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Guys, quick question.
I have completed my oath ceremony last week on August 10th and received instruction email next day for E-certificate download. Shall I still be able to download E-certificate, even if I selected paper certificate option in my application? Just trying to know because I tried on 3rd day after oath for E-certificate as per instruction email but it continuously showing below message.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.

Reactions: muzmil

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Guys, quick question.
I have completed my oath ceremony last week on August 10th and received instruction email next day for E-certificate download. Shall I still be able to download E-certificate, even if I selected paper certificate option in my application? Just trying to know because I tried on 3rd day after oath for E-certificate as per instruction email but it continuously showing below message.
Same situation here... unable to download the certificate.

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Here is my timeline
Office: Scarborough
Applied: 23rd Feb 2023
Background Completed: Mar 10, 2023
Citizenship Test Requested: Mar 31, 2023
Citizenship Completed: Apr 4, 2023
Language: Aug 11, 2023
Prohibitions: Aug 11, 2023
Physical presence: Aug 11, 2023
Citizenship oath in progress: Aug 11, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Sep 18, 2023

Congratulations!
At least some progress from Scarborough office.
I recently figured my processing office would be Scarborough (through the reference number on the letter).
Test completed on July 6th (paper application sent on February 28) - no news since the test :-(.