+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Got the oath update, yet to receive invite.

Timeline:

Application (online): Feb 09, 2023
AOR: March 20, 2023
BG completed: May 30, 2023
Scheduled for test: Between June 8 - June 29, 2023
Test Given: June 26, 2023
Test completed: June 30, 2023
Language, Physical presence, Prohibitions completed: Aug 4, 2023
Citizenship oath in progress: Aug 10, 2023
Citizenship oath scheduled and Updated tracker: Aug 12, 2023
Oath date: Aug 21, 2023.
What's your office?

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi Krishn, did you apply for e-certificate? If you did and since we were in the same ceremony, can you let me know once you have it available for download? I will do the same on my end :)
Hey @rorro hope you got to download by now! sorry, I didn't login here, but I got an email next day of the ceremony and was able to download.

propovip

Apr 25, 2023
Hi All,
I was asked to submit all pages of my passport in color. I have couple of visas and entry exist stampings that are not in French or English and needs to be translated. Did any of you have to do something similar if so
  1. I assume the translations should be done by someone certified by ATIO, can you confirm if this is correct?
  2. I know we have to get it from a certified translator but do we also have to have the document notorized?
  3. Are there translators who can be both and if so is it better to approach them?
  4. If any of you have used such a service can you share the details of the person/ firm (the link to their company, email or phone number would be great)
  5. How much does it typically cost for translations (I know its per page so a per page amount should suffice)
Many thanks in advance.

zohaib52

Apr 7, 2014
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of applying for citizenship through the online application portal. While completing the Identification section of the application, I came across a query that requires clarification.

For the Personal ID 1 section, I have two options to choose from:

1. Biographical page (bio page) of your passport or travel document
  2. Valid or expired permanent resident card (PR card)
I am inclined to select option 2, which involves using a valid or expired permanent resident card (PR card). This selection then prompts me to provide another identification document under Personal ID 2. The available options for Personal ID 2 are as follows:

1. Driver’s licence
  2. Health insurance card
  3. Age of majority card
  4. Senior citizen identification card
My concern arises from not possessing any of the identification documents listed above. However, I do possess an Alberta Identification Card, which appears to be a suitable alternative. My question is whether it would be acceptable to upload my Alberta ID card under the "Driver’s licence" tab, considering that it is not explicitly listed as an option.

I highly value the accuracy and completeness of my application, and I want to ensure that I adhere to the correct procedures. Your guidance and clarification in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
Hey @rorro hope you got to download by now! sorry, I didn't login here, but I got an email next day of the ceremony and was able to download.
Hi! No, mine isnt' available yet :( I just send them an email this morning actually as I'm getting worried because I have travel plans.

Did you download yours?

Thanks!

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hi All,
I was asked to submit all pages of my passport in color. I have couple of visas and entry exist stampings that are not in French or English and needs to be translated. Did any of you have to do something similar if so
  1. I assume the translations should be done by someone certified by ATIO, can you confirm if this is correct?
  2. I know we have to get it from a certified translator but do we also have to have the document notorized?
  3. Are there translators who can be both and if so is it better to approach them?
  4. If any of you have used such a service can you share the details of the person/ firm (the link to their company, email or phone number would be great)
  5. How much does it typically cost for translations (I know its per page so a per page amount should suffice)
Many thanks in advance.
I got it done from docbase - www.docsbase.ca. You can send them email, they will provide the cost - order@docsbase.ca

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Hi! No, mine isnt' available yet :( I just send them an email this morning actually as I'm getting worried because I have travel plans.

Did you download yours?

Thanks!
Good morning, I had my citizenship ceremony on Friday 11th. Received the email Saturday around 0800 and still not able to download my certificate. Do you know the contact information to email them? Thank you.

porshu

May 5, 2023
Good morning, I had my citizenship ceremony on Friday 11th. Received the email Saturday around 0800 and still not able to download my certificate. Do you know the contact information to email them? Thank you.
It took me 3 business days to download the e-cert after my oath ceremony. I saw some people said here they could download theirs after a few hours. I think it depends on the speed of your responsible clerk.

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
It took me 3 business days to download the e-cert after my oath ceremony. I saw some people said here they could download theirs after a few hours. I think it depends on the speed of your responsible clerk.
Thank you for your reply. Three days after receiving the email to download the certificate?

porshu

May 5, 2023
Thank you for your reply. Three days after receiving the email to download the certificate?
No, i received the email right after the ceremony (some people even received it few days b4 that). I could only download the e-cert 3 business days after.

rorro

Sep 20, 2019
No, i received the email right after the ceremony (some people even received it few days b4 that). I could only download the e-cert 3 business days after.
It's been 10 days - 5 business days for me and I still don't have it :(

porshu

May 5, 2023
It's been 10 days - 5 business days for me and I still don't have it :(
Oh, did you email the requested form to them right after the ceremony? During my ceremony, the clerk showed us the email subject we needed to write (date & time of the ceremony and with his initial on it). As such, he said he would receive it more quickly.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Guys, quick question.
I have completed my oath ceremony last week on August 10th and received instruction email next day for E-certificate download. Shall I still be able to download E-certificate, even if I selected paper certificate option in my application? Just trying to know because I tried on 3rd day after oath for E-certificate as per instruction email but it continuously showing below message.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.