+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Guys, I have received oath invitation for myself but did not receive it for my son (minor). I have applied for me and my son together as family application. However in application form of my son, I mentioned ‘NO’ for question 11. Select yes or no to indicate if you wish that a minor under 14 years of ageparticipates in a citizenship ceremony”

Can anyone suggest, if this is the reason why I did not receive oath invitation for my son or should I still receive it?

Thanks.
Hello Guys, I am sharing my experience regarding minor oath invitation and ceremony attendance.
I applied for me and my son (minor-12years) together as family via paper application. I received my oath invitation email last week on 3rd Aug and oath was scheduled for 10th Aug (Today). I did not received oath invitation for my son with me and I assumed that he doesn't need to receive oath invitation because I mentioned in application form that he will not attend ceremony. Today morning, I have attended my oath ceremony. During registration process, once my registration/verification/PR card cutting was done, I asked IRCC official about my son's registration/verification. She checked in to system and tried to confirm with clerk but she did not get response. After that she said my son is not scheduled for oath with me so she can not register him and I can not cut his PR card but she will try to get response from clerk during ceremony and will let me know if there is some confusion. But ceremony was over and she did not get back to me. Now its my headache to get my son's ceremony done. I am not sure if anyone had same experience before but is weird that minor did not receive oath invitation with parent. Just a heads up guys, if you come across same issue, please act in advance before your oath and confirm with IRCC about minor's missing invitation.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello @hiren1334 , I have a minor and opted the same as you did with respect to citizenship ceremony. Hope same will happen for him.

One question though, For me and my wife I see the LPP complete but no change in any of the fields for my minor son since the time I got the AOR. Is that expected for a minor? Probably goes to completed for them at one go, I am just assuming
@sm119 : Please check my latest post with detailed explanation about my experience for minors missing oath invitation. However, for minor status will not change till the last stage of application

sm119

Mar 28, 2023
Hello Guys, I am sharing my experience regarding minor oath invitation and ceremony attendance.
I applied for me and my son (minor-12years) together as family via paper application. I received my oath invitation email last week on 3rd Aug and oath was scheduled for 10th Aug (Today). I did not received oath invitation for my son with me and I assumed that he doesn't need to receive oath invitation because I mentioned in application form that he will not attend ceremony. Today morning, I have attended my oath ceremony. During registration process, once my registration/verification/PR card cutting was done, I asked IRCC official about my son's registration/verification. She checked in to system and tried to confirm with clerk but she did not get response. After that she said my son is not scheduled for oath with me so she can not register him and I can not cut his PR card but she will try to get response from clerk during ceremony and will let me know if there is some confusion. But ceremony was over and she did not get back to me. Now its my headache to get my son's ceremony done. I am not sure if anyone had same experience before but is weird that minor did not receive oath invitation with parent. Just a heads up guys, if you come across same issue, please act in advance before your oath and confirm with IRCC about minor's missing invitation.
Thanks for sharing!

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Guys, I just spoke with IRCC office (+1 888-242-2100) regarding my case. She checked application of my son and told me that, because my son in minor (12 years), he will not receive citizenship oath invitation. I will receive his certificate with mine in mail. I also asked her about what to do with PR card and she said I will receive detailed instruction with certificate. Waiting for certificate. Hope I will receive certificate for my son as well as she said.

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Here is an update from me. Please update the spreadsheet.

Physical Presence: Complete August 11
LPP: complete
Citizenship Ceremony: not started.

It is a big relief for me. Only one step remaining.

Reactions: Reshan

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Just received an email with instructions to download citizenship e-certificate but we have not received an oath invitation yet. Its still at 'not started' for oath on the online account.

Does it mean that we should be getting an oath invite soon?

Last edited:

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Just received an email with instructions to download citizenship e-certificate but we have not received an oath invitation yet. Its still at 'not started' for oath on the the online account.

What’s your processing office?

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Just received an email with instructions to download citizenship e-certificate but we have not received an oath invitation yet. Its still at 'not started' for oath on the online account.

Got my answer from one of previous comments.

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for oath email to arrive soon.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008

My oath is done , got the email
to signup for portal next day . But I am unable to download certificate . Should i wait 2-5 days ?

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018

Got the oath update, yet to receive invite.

Timeline:

Application (online): Feb 09, 2023
AOR: March 20, 2023
BG completed: May 30, 2023
Scheduled for test: Between June 8 - June 29, 2023
Test Given: June 26, 2023
Test completed: June 30, 2023
Language, Physical presence, Prohibitions completed: Aug 4, 2023
Citizenship oath in progress: Aug 10, 2023
Citizenship oath scheduled and Updated tracker: Aug 12, 2023
Oath date: Aug 21, 2023.

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
After test complete, finger print request appeared and sent my finger prints in second week of June (12), after that the only update on the file was finger prints received on July 26 , after that silence ... Is anyone else struck in same place/? , Mine was paper application