+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I would also like to share my Urgent Passport Processing Experience-

Did the Oath Ceremony of 06th July, Got the certificate on 13th July.

Arranged the documents for passport application by 19th July, (my references and Guarantor were all from GTA and I live in Manitoba, sent my documents and photographs for guarantor signature and then received them back via Canada post)

Went to the passport office on 20th July and my application was accepted for Express Pickup. (agent asked questions as to why I need urgent processing, explained I need the passport, so that I can apply for a Qatar Visa and then travel. He even asked that if I have proof that I sent the forms and photographs for signature, thankfully I did had the envelope that I received from my guarantor with all the Canada post details.)

He gave me the date of 25th July to pick up my passport, on 24th they called the guarantor and asked them personal questions from their own passport application like mothers maiden name and other details, they asked like 10 different questions. Did not call references.

Picked up the passport on 25th July.

Got the previous design of the passport and not the new one, wanted the new one though :)
Congrats,
Want to ask if passport officer asked for ecertificate on phone or need a printout of ecertificate?

racineba

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Morning all..my tracker says lpp is in progress..when I called ircc the agent said it’s not started..I am confused..which one is correct? Anybody had a similar experience?

iriskandy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2023
Hi IRISKANDY - Congrats and thanks for this update as I had questions even though I'm still waiting for my LPP. Did you have any difficulty with the eCit Certificate being accepted for passport? How was that aspect submitted - a simple printout of the eCit Cert without issue for Passport? Thanks
Print of eCertificate is needed and requirement as per this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport.html

• If you have a citizenship e-certificate, you must attach a printed copy.

iriskandy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2023
First of all, Congrats!
I'm planning on applying for urgent processing too. My oath is on the 11th of August and I have a flight on the 18th. i chose e-certificate in my application. i was wondering when do you pay the processing fees(110$ for urgent+ 160$), is it a payment online or you pay it when you submit your documents to the passport officer?
Pay when you physically visit the office.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/fees/passport-canada.html

Reactions: chairmanN

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
hi! I got two email invites now... lol I will go to the first one and go from there, maybe in the check in process I let them know.
I just called them! The representative asked me to attend the first (if possible) one as both dates are scheduled for my ceremony. And to let the officer know about the scheduling on another day too. She kept me on hold for sometime when I mentioned that I got both invites trying to find out what to reply but still didn't seem very sure when she got back.

Goyalharsh85

Dec 12, 2018
Hi, My application is at Vancouver office. My test got updated as cleared on 17th May, However have not heard or had any updated after date. LPP is still in progress. Anyone else who has similar time lines for the Vancouver office and still waiting for for LPP update. Have been seeing people from Vancouver office who did their test after my date getting oath invitations.

Is it a reason for me to worry?

VanCity Surfer

Apr 29, 2023
Hi, My application is at Vancouver office. My test got updated as cleared on 17th May, However have not heard or had any updated after date. LPP is still in progress. Anyone else who has similar time lines for the Vancouver office and still waiting for for LPP update. Have been seeing people from Vancouver office who did their test after my date getting oath invitations.

Is it a reason for me to worry?
I’m also at Vancovuer office. Test marked completed 07 May and still waiting for LPP. I am not worried yet - just waiting for them to pick up applications with mid-late March AORs…

Rimka13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello! i got a test invite one week ago but have not gotten the email instruction yet? should i be worried?