+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

shubham88

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
LPP completed on 28th July and got update on 29th July, oath date as 15th Aug in tracker. Waiting for Oath email instruction, probably by next week.

Thanks guys for all the information i got from this channel and I wish you luck and all the best as you move forward on you applications.

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
LPP completed on 28th July and got update on 29th July, oath date as 15th Aug in tracker. Waiting for Oath email instruction, probably by next week.

Thanks guys for all the information i got from this channel and I wish you luck and all the best as you move forward on you applications.
Congrats :)

bnew

Feb 15, 2023

Congrats!

bnew

Feb 15, 2023

Just wondering if you received any ghost update before that day and if update appeared in your ecase first.

Thanks!

iriskandy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: February 16th 2023
Delivered: February 16th 2023
AOR:March 1st 2023
Ghost Update: April 4th 2023
Background Verification Complete: April 4th 2023
Test Invite: April 7th 2023
Test Window: April 17th - May 8th 2023
Test Email Invitation Received: April 12th 2023
Test Taken: April 22nd 2023
Test updated on Tracker as Completed: May 6th 2023
Ghost Update: May 30th 2023
LPP Completed: June 19th 2023 (updated on tracker on June 21st)
Oath scheduled for: July 26th. Updated on my tracker on July 13th, awaiting Oath email instructions.
Oath Email: Received on July 14th with pdf and instructions on Oath ceremony; What to expect on Oath day etc.
Oath Ceremony: Completed on July 26th.

For others who are looking for some details:
My ceremony time was 9 am PST, the entire process took 90 mins. There were close to 80 folks taking oath on the zoom call. At 1030 am, I sent the signature email. Got eCertificate available to download at 130 pm, same day
I am sharing my urgent passport application experience:

July 26th - Oath completed by 1030 am and downloaded eCertificate at 130 pm.
Same day, went to Surrey around 230 pm - to apply for passport via urgent processing. Officer asked for (1) Application + endorsed photos (2) Reasons / proofs for urgent passport processing (I provided my flight ticket, but also took my employment letter + employer specific letter stating my need for travel to US and why).
July 27th - Officers actually called all my two references and Guarator. Asked about my bio information like date of birth place of birth, address where I live, how long you know the applicant, why the need for urgent travel etc. Suggestion - Make sure to prepare your referrals as officers DO CALL and verify.
Same day, 2 pm picked up the passport in person at same Surrey location.

If there a different thread, please share it there as many folks can benefit from my experience.

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020

Same day, went to Surrey around 230 pm - to apply for passport via urgent processing. Officer asked for (1) Application + endorsed photos (2) Reasons / proofs for urgent passport processing (I provided my flight ticket, but also took my employment letter + employer specific letter stating my need for travel to US and why).
July 27th - Officers actually called all my two references and Guarator. Asked about my bio information like date of birth place of birth, address where I live, how long you know the applicant, why the need for urgent travel etc. Suggestion - Make sure to prepare your referrals as officers DO CALL and verify.

If there a different thread, please share it there as many folks can benefit from my experience.
Your certificate download was fast. did you mention to the Oath officer that you need urgently and they did the processing fast. for many it took 3-7 days to download only.

I am in the same situation so asking as to prepare myself. I want to have everything ready

iriskandy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2023
Your certificate download was fast. did you mention to the Oath officer that you need urgently and they did the processing fast. for many it took 3-7 days to download only.

I am in the same situation so asking as to prepare myself. I want to have everything ready
Oath ceremony officer only asked me 'do you have travel in next two weeks', for which I replied Yes.

I made sure eCertificate was the last one of my documents, I had all the other required documents prepared and signed ahead of time - saved me some time.

Reactions: novoiceplus

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Oath ceremony officer only asked me 'do you have travel in next two weeks', for which I replied Yes.

I made sure eCertificate was the last one of my documents, I had all the other required documents prepared and signed ahead of time - saved me some time.
PERFECT THANKS

Vaibhav22

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Brisbane, New Delhi, Brampton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Sydeny, New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
Doc's Request.
10-05-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-18
Med's Request
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
01-06-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2019
LANDED..........
12-07-2019

I would also like to share my Urgent Passport Processing Experience-

Did the Oath Ceremony of 06th July, Got the certificate on 13th July.

Arranged the documents for passport application by 19th July, (my references and Guarantor were all from GTA and I live in Manitoba, sent my documents and photographs for guarantor signature and then received them back via Canada post)

Went to the passport office on 20th July and my application was accepted for Express Pickup. (agent asked questions as to why I need urgent processing, explained I need the passport, so that I can apply for a Qatar Visa and then travel. He even asked that if I have proof that I sent the forms and photographs for signature, thankfully I did had the envelope that I received from my guarantor with all the Canada post details.)

He gave me the date of 25th July to pick up my passport, on 24th they called the guarantor and asked them personal questions from their own passport application like mothers maiden name and other details, they asked like 10 different questions. Did not call references.

Picked up the passport on 25th July.

Got the previous design of the passport and not the new one, wanted the new one though :)

Reactions: nsrk

VanCity Surfer

Apr 29, 2023

Hi IRISKANDY - Congrats and thanks for this update as I had questions even though I'm still waiting for my LPP. Did you have any difficulty with the eCit Certificate being accepted for passport? How was that aspect submitted - a simple printout of the eCit Cert without issue for Passport? Thanks

chairmanN

Mar 27, 2023

First of all, Congrats!
I'm planning on applying for urgent processing too. My oath is on the 11th of August and I have a flight on the 18th. i chose e-certificate in my application. i was wondering when do you pay the processing fees(110$ for urgent+ 160$), is it a payment online or you pay it when you submit your documents to the passport officer?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
First of all, Congrats!
I'm planning on applying for urgent processing too. My oath is on the 11th of August and I have a flight on the 18th. i chose e-certificate in my application. i was wondering when do you pay the processing fees(110$ for urgent+ 160$), is it a payment online or you pay it when you submit your documents to the passport officer?
If you go in-person its when you submit. For mail you have to give your card information in the application.

Reactions: chairmanN