+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

tere2021

Feb 9, 2021
Please update tracker

Scheduled for ceremony: July 25, 2023 (changed July 13 ).

Now, waiting for the email to getting the formal invitation!

Please, update tracker (in case this data is being tracked)

Received the instructions for downloading the electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate: July 19, 2023 (6 days before the ceremony).

Reactions: halifax1

Maher94m

Dec 25, 2018
How long does it take from the moment you get scheduled in the tracker for Oath to receive the actual email for oath invitation?

I received an update on the tracker that I was scheduled for Oath on July 31st and that I should receive an email. I have not received any emails. My question is how long does it take to get the email?

Please advise. Thanks.

tere2021

Feb 9, 2021
How long does it take from the moment you get scheduled in the tracker for Oath to receive the actual email for oath invitation?

I received an update on the tracker that I was scheduled for Oath on July 31st and that I should receive an email. I have not received any emails. My question is how long does it take to get the email?

Please advise. Thanks.
I received it exactly 1 week before the date of the ceremony.

Reactions: Maher94m

TripleMMM

Feb 22, 2023
I got update on May 2nd for the test completed, and nothing more since then, not even the backgroud check, is that normal? should I wirite to them to inquire?

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018

Please advise. Thanks.

We have same date for Oath. Our oath appointment is at 9:30am PST . so maybe it will be same for you. oath letter from Winnipeg,Manitoba. Received our email for oath invite on July 19, 2023.

pd1234

Dec 4, 2017
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1540
Application: Single
Application sent: February 10
Delivered: February 10
AOR: February 28
Tracker in progress: March 2
BGC complete: March 28
Test taken: April 11
Test complete: April 19
LPP complete: May 10
Oath in progress: June 8
Oath scheduled: June 20
I asked to reschedule my oath (originally scheduled for a virtual oath) to in person and just received a new date which is August 3.

Reactions: halifax1

ASammy

May 25, 2023
Please add to spreadsheet

Type: Online
Physical Presence: 1219.5
Application Sent: Feb 15, 2023
Application Received: Feb 15, 2023
AOR: Feb 21, 2023
Background completed: March 20, 2023
Test Invite: March 28, 2023
Test completed: March 31, 2023

nsrk

Star Member
May 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
14-08-2017
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application Sent: Feb 17, 2023
Application Delivered: Feb 23, 2023, 2023
AOR:

Please add this to the tracker.
Please update the tracker
AOR: April 5
ECAS-In Process: June 4
BG Complete: June 8
Test taken: July 14
Test completed on tracker: July 22

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018

Please advise. Thanks.
I have the same date and haven't received email yet. Please share when you do receive. I am planning to call IRCC Monday to ask if I don't get the email invitaion before 11:00 am pst.

zecos9

Feb 6, 2023
Hi everyone,

10 days ago I received the test invitation to take it between July 17 - August 6
Yesterday I received an email from the Ottawa IRCC office letting me know that my test event was cancelled due to a technical error and I will receive another invitation upcoming weeks.

"This is IRCC contacting you in regards to your test event, we have been made aware of a technical error, however, rest assured you will be rescheduled for another test event in the coming weeks."

Did anyone else receive this?

On my tracker, I am still scheduled to take the test. I am worried that there is a miscommunication between agents and they will mark me as no show for the test.

I am really upset because I've been studying for the test day and night and was planning on taking it this morning. Also, I am upset that I wasn't given a specific date for the new test. Upcoming weeks when?

What should I do? :(

zecos9

Feb 6, 2023
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application sent: Jan 27, 2023
Delivered: Feb 2, 2023
AOR: March 13, 2023
In process: March 14, 2023
BG complete: May 9, 2023
Test invitation: July 12, 2023
Test event cancelled bc of technical error: July 21, 2023 :(

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

10 days ago I received the test invitation to take it between July 17 - August 6
Yesterday I received an email from the Ottawa IRCC office letting me know that my test event was cancelled due to a technical error and I will receive another invitation upcoming weeks.

"This is IRCC contacting you in regards to your test event, we have been made aware of a technical error, however, rest assured you will be rescheduled for another test event in the coming weeks."

Did anyone else receive this?

On my tracker, I am still scheduled to take the test. I am worried that there is a miscommunication between agents and they will mark me as no show for the test.

I am really upset because I've been studying for the test day and night and was planning on taking it this morning. Also, I am upset that I wasn't given a specific date for the new test. Upcoming weeks when?

What should I do? :(
It happens. A few krher people who didn't take the test at the beginning of the test window got canceled due to "technical error" too and are waiting for a new test. There's nothing you can do than wait unfortunately.
What you can try however, is click on the link under citizenship test on your tracker and put in your UCI and see if the system will let you take it.
I never received the email invite for example and thats what i did to take the test. It was marked completed 2 days after. Some people that waited for the link got the cancelation email as well and are still waiting for a new date. No one knows the time frame before your get a new link. They won't mark you as no show..