+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Sorry to hear that.... I would advise you to call the IRCC cust care and get an update on the status. If you've shared your email addressed, check your junk email folder for the AOR email. Also, order your GCMS notes to get a more concrete update. Hope this move soon from here, but don't worry! IRCC will make up for the lost time eventually
thank you rushi

Reactions: rushi.gada

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Fingerprint requested June 19

Fingerprint completed on July 6
Mine also updated today as well, im so happy. I read ur message then I went to check.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamo9ody

cec1986

Mar 20, 2023
Hi guys, I wonder for anyone who completed their citizenship test, took a photo of their PR card, instead of other IDs with signature during their test? My partner took a photo of his PR card at the beginning of the test, but I realize PR card does not have any signature on it. Should that be still ok?

hamo9ody

Mar 4, 2019
Hi guys, I wonder for anyone who completed their citizenship test, took a photo of their PR card, instead of other IDs with signature during their test? My partner took a photo of his PR card at the beginning of the test, but I realize PR card does not have any signature on it. Should that be still ok?
It should be fine. I did the same thing.

Reactions: cec1986

zi2010

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
In the Test instructions it clearly says you can use your PR card even if expired. I used it myself and thankfully did not have any issues.

_ircc_visas

Oct 9, 2022
[cross posted in January and February thread]
I got lucky today and was able to connect with an IRCC agent over the phone. I was told that since I have not been asked to provide any additional documents (as of yet), I should consider my application as routine. And for family applications it is normal for one applicant to clear a step before the others (background check in my case: my spouse's background check was completed on 30th May but there has been no change in the status of my and my kid's application). Lastly, I was told that my application is being processed at the Ottawa office. Any ideas if Ottawa office is slow/fast/okish?
Hi! I don't have an answer to your question but after reading through your messages I realized that we have a similar situation.

I have applied online with spouse. AOR on Feb 21 and test completed on Apr 15. Spouse's background completed on May 30 but no updates on my application since then.

Requested a callback from IRCC thinking that I probably missed a notification for additional information but they confirmed that they do not need anything at the moment and our application is in progress. Like you mentioned I was also told that it's normal for family applications to not follow the same timeline until the oath ceremony.

We live in Calgary but our application is being processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Requested GCMS notes on June 13 and yet to receive them.

Thanks for your updates!

hamo9ody

Mar 4, 2019
I just received my GCMS and it said INCOME VERIFICATION:Ready to be Assessed what does that mean? Are they calculating my physical presence or what?

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I just received my GCMS and it said INCOME VERIFICATION:Ready to be Assessed what does that mean? Are they calculating my physical presence or what?
They are verifying the income you reported was legit, what else? They even might dig deeper into the sources reported. Hang tight.