+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

senior43

Jun 16, 2023
My mother who is above 65 years of age, her status changed to completed for BG verification, Prohibitions and Physical presence but Demostrate language skills is still In progress, even though she is exempted. He ecas status is still In progress. Any senior here who has similar situation.

iriskandy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2023
I have had no luck in getting updtaes/information on ecas system so far: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Ofcourse I have entered correct input details. Generic message similar to this is shown:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

Has anyone had success with ecas system for citizenship application ?

I have been tracking my application updates on the tracker so far: https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

zi2010

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I have had no luck in getting information on ecas system so far: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Ofcourse I have entered correct input details. Generic message similar to this is shown:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

Has anyone had success with ecas system for citizenship application ?

I have been tracking my application updates on the tracker so far: https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
ECAS only works for paper applicants. Did you apply online or Paper?

pkshah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
CANADA
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
03/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/09/2015
Got a different update as I open tracker

If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event,check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you.

pkshah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
CANADA
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
03/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/09/2015
Got a different update as I open tracker

If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event,check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you.
I already finished my test on may 26

lpp still in process
Is it an update related lpp? Or Oath?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I already finished my test on may 26

lpp still in process
Is it an update related lpp? Or Oath?
this is a universal message at everyone's tracker - ignore. since you already completed Test - not applicable for you anymore. You anyways need an oath invitation letter for a unique Zoom link

Vaibhav22

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Brisbane, New Delhi, Brampton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Sydeny, New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
Doc's Request.
10-05-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-18
Med's Request
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
01-06-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2019
LANDED..........
12-07-2019
Row 42 of the google sheet tracker
Hi, I see your case also got the LPP completed in this week itself and office is Vancouver just like mine.

When I checked the tracker, it shows that Decision Made is always the same date as the LPP completed for everyone else. My date is 12th June and it reflected on my tracker yesterday 15th June.

Not sure why, in both our cases they have not made that decision!!

Anyone, has any inputs on this please??

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hi, I see your case also got the LPP completed in this week itself and office is Vancouver just like mine.

When I checked the tracker, it shows that Decision Made is always the same date as the LPP completed for everyone else. My date is 12th June and it reflected on my tracker yesterday 15th June.

Not sure why, in both our cases they have not made that decision!!

Anyone, has any inputs on this please??
I believe Decision Made status is applicable in ECAS (paper applications) - but really the next step is now the Oath

Vaibhav22

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Brisbane, New Delhi, Brampton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Sydeny, New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
Doc's Request.
10-05-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-18
Med's Request
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
01-06-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2019
LANDED..........
12-07-2019
I believe Decision Made status is applicable in ECAS (paper applications) - but really the next step is now the Oath
Ah gotcha, I was assuming that instead of my application status being-(In Progress) it would change to-(Congratulations) on the tracker, as they have mentioned on the IRCC website.

But, if its only the Oath Invite that's pending, then that works for me too. :)

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
My mother who is above 65 years of age, her status changed to completed for BG verification, Prohibitions and Physical presence but Demostrate language skills is still In progress, even though she is exempted. He ecas status is still In progress. Any senior here who has similar situation.
Yup. I have also cleared physical presence and prohibitions with language in progress and test not started, of which neither I need to do.
I think it’s normal.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
I received a passport request two weeks ago and submitted all the request info right away. Does anyone know if it's normal to receive a further response from IRCC, or is it generally just a wait and then you proceed to LPP complete?

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
I received a passport request two weeks ago and submitted all the request info right away. Does anyone know if it's normal to receive a further response from IRCC, or is it generally just a wait and then you proceed to LPP complete?
Just gotta keep playing the waiting game, Jack. Live life in the mean time.