+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

waqasnawaz

Jul 23, 2014
@waqasnawaz was BG verification complete updated for your spouse and kid too? Or just you and spouse?
Good question. Since we applied as family, I thought that application status will be updated for all three of us togather, but when I checked by logging into all three accounts, I was surprised to see that the update has only been for my spouse thus far. Not sure why did this happen. Hopefully BG will be updated for myself and my kid soon.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Today I received a request for photocopies of passport pages. Does anyone know if this is a normal part of the process for everybody or is it just select people that receive this request?

In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required.

I'm currently outside Canada in my home country and was going to return once I had a better idea of my ceremony dates. This letter states:
For individuals who are currently ABROAD, please indicate the date that you left Canada and the date that you expect to return to Canada.

Has anyone in a similar situation received this letter? I'm happy to be honest about my expected return date, but will they possibly require evidence of a return ticket?

My timelines:

Type: Online application
Location: Is this location at time of application? Rossland, BC
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application: Single
Application sent: Feb 27th 2023
Delivered: Feb 14th
AOR: March 16th
Background check: April 15th
Test Invitation: May 8th (test window May 10th - 30th)
Passed Citizenship test: May 15th
Test complete: May 25th
Passport copy request: June 2nd

racineba

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Today I received a request for photocopies of passport pages. Does anyone know if this is a normal part of the process for everybody or is it just select people that receive this request?

In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required.

I'm currently outside Canada in my home country and was going to return once I had a better idea of my ceremony dates. This letter states:
For individuals who are currently ABROAD, please indicate the date that you left Canada and the date that you expect to return to Canada.

Has anyone in a similar situation received this letter? I'm happy to be honest about my expected return date, but will they possibly require evidence of a return ticket?

My timelines:

Location: Is this location at time of application? Rossland, BC
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application sent: Feb 27th 2023
Delivered: Feb 14th
AOR: March 16th
Background check: April 15th
Test Invitation: May 8th (test window May 10th - 30th)
Passed Citizenship test: May 15th
Test complete: May 25th
Passport copy request: June 2nd
Since you background check is already complete, my guess is this is to finalize physical presence..I may be wrong but this is the only logical explanation I can think of..Best of luck

JensonP

Nov 22, 2017
I never found out where my application is.
Krishn, your test invite will have the centre which processed your application. For example, I had this email as correspondence in the test invite letter/pdf: IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in which SCR stands for Scarborough.

Congratulations to you though! Usually, Toronto/GTA applicants have to wait longer for LPP but you were lucky enough to get LPP completed quickly. I hope your oath-taking ceremony is scheduled for this month.

Reactions: krishn22

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Krishn, your test invite will have the centre which processed your application. For example, I had this email as correspondence in the test invite letter/pdf: IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in which SCR stands for Scarborough.

Congratulations to you though! Usually, Toronto/GTA applicants have to wait longer for LPP but you were lucky enough to get LPP completed quickly. I hope your oath-taking ceremony is scheduled for this month.
Seems it's Mississauga.

Reactions: JensonP

sravyapangur

May 16, 2019
Hi all, Just saw my LPP updated today on my tracker, application status is still In Progress. Below is my timeline

Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application sent: Feb 24
Delivered: Feb 24
AOR: Mar 10
BG completed: Apr 6th
Citizenship test inprogress : Apr 17th (Didn't receive test invite)
Test Window: Apr 24th to May 15th
Test Window Updated on May 4th : May 8th to May 28th
Test Invite: May 5th
Test Taken on: May 9th
Test Completed on: May 17th
LPP completed on: June 1st

Reactions: Kayne

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
Type - Paper Application
Location - Mississauga
Physical presence days - 1795
Application- Single
Application sent date - February 3rd 2023
Delivered - February 8, 2023
AOR- March 21,2023

AOR Received- March 21, 2023
Test Invite Received
Test window between June 5 and June 25

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Anyone else in February still stuck? I got aor on 21st February and then fingerprints received on 2nd May. And nothing after that. No movement at all. Anyone else whose file is slow? I see most of the people have even cleared their tests. ..

Jun 3, 2023
Anyone else in February still stuck? I got aor on 21st February and then fingerprints received on 2nd May. And nothing after that. No movement at all. Anyone else whose file is slow? I see most of the people have even cleared their tests. ..
i got aor on 10 march and then 11 april background completed.and nothing after that

Reactions: Invincible84

SimritDhiman

Mar 20, 2023
Test taken

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1292 days
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) - Family 3 members - 2 Adults 1 minor
Application sent: Feb 16, 2023
Delivered: Feb 21, 2023
AOR: Mar 31
Test Invite - May 27, 2023
Test Window - June 1-21, 2023
Test Taken - June 3, 2023.
BG check - In Process

iriskandy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2023
Once you get the oath letter and ceremony invite, is there an option to choose e-Certificate option ?
In my initial application, I picked Physical copy of Citizenship Certificate rather than e-Certificate

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Once you get the oath letter and ceremony invite, is there an option to choose e-Certificate option ?
In my initial application, I picked Physical copy of Citizenship Certificate rather than e-Certificate
send them a web form now or as soon as you get LPP. Someone here asked for it during the oath and was super angry about not instantly receiving it, even though it was approved.

So get your request in ASAP.