+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello - I made a paper based application for myself, my wife and my son. Recently, tracker for myself and for my wife shows everything completed, but for my son if shows 'in progress' across all components. Is it normal? Or I should give a call to IRCC to inquire?
All you done with oath?

mumairs87

Jun 12, 2016
You said all completed. Kids application completes in the end when parents application completes. They don't see any status transition.
This is what I see for myself and my wife,

Language Skills _ Complete
Physical Presence _ Complete
Citizenship Test _ Complete
Background Verification _ Complete
Prohibtions _ Complete
Citizenship Cermony _ Not Started

This is what I see for my son,

Language Skills _ In progress
Physical Presence _ In progress
Citizenship Test _ Not Started
Background Verification _ In progress
Prohibtions _ In progress

In the ECAS, it shows 'Decision Made' for myself and my wife, and for my son it says 'In progress'.

My question is that is this normal? Or I have to give a call to IRCC that why my son's account still shows 'in progress'. My concern is that if he will get the citizenship cermony invite / certificate with us or not.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
This is what I see for myself and my wife,

Language Skills _ Complete
Physical Presence _ Complete
Citizenship Test _ Complete
Background Verification _ Complete
Prohibtions _ Complete

This is what I see for my son,

Language Skills _ In progress
Physical Presence _ In progress
Citizenship Test _ Not Started
Background Verification _ In progress
Prohibtions _ In progress

In the ECAS, it shows 'Decision Made' for myself and my wife, and for my son it says 'In progress'.

My question is that is this normal? Or I have to give a call to IRCC that why my son's account still shows 'in progress'. My concern is that if he will get the citizenship cermony invite / certificate with us or not.
He will not see status transition like yours. It will remain "In Progress". When you get oath invite, he should also get one.
There is no issue for you to call IRCC. This is normal for kids application.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
I have an interview scheduled for Feb 1. Would you be able to provide any details of what I can expect? Seems for you that it was a positive thing with is great!
Sure thing. Interview covered:
  • Confirming current residential address (I have been living outside Canada)
  • Show passport, PR card, Canadian ID
  • Asked what I do for a job
  • Physical presence - I applied with ~1078 days so they wanted to know that I was confident in the accuracy of this number, asked how I kept track of travel days etc. I was expecting to share screen and show flight tickets but this wasn't required
  • In 2015 I had a visa extension denied and had to leave Canada (returned later as a sponsored PR). I had provided all the details around this in my application but they just asked me to explain it again and had no issues with it.
I think that's most of it. It was only about 15 mins and would have been shorter if I was living in Canada! Afterwards they said they'd review everything and contact me again if they had further questions. LPP was approved within 48 hours.

Reactions: .Aj

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
Woohoo! Oath date.

Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application sent: Feb 27th 2023
Delivered: Feb 14th
AOR: March 16th
Background check: April 15th
Test Invitation: May 8th (test window May 10th - 30th)
Passed Citizenship test: May 15th (outside Canada)
Test complete: May 25th
Passport copy request: June 2nd
GCMS notes recieved: August 22nd
Interview date: January 3rd (was originally set for Dec 14th which was cancelled and rescheduled on Dec 16th)
LPP complete: January 5th
Oath update: January 11th
Oath ceremony: January 19th, online

I've been outside Canada on the other side of the world the entire process and now need to get back ASAP :p
Sure thing. Interview covered:
  • Confirming current residential address (I have been living outside Canada)
  • Show passport, PR card, Canadian ID
  • Asked what I do for a job
  • Physical presence - I applied with ~1078 days so they wanted to know that I was confident in the accuracy of this number, asked how I kept track of travel days etc. I was expecting to share screen and show flight tickets but this wasn't required
  • In 2015 I had a visa extension denied and had to leave Canada (returned later as a sponsored PR). I had provided all the details around this in my application but they just asked me to explain it again and had no issues with it.
I think that's most of it. It was only about 15 mins and would have been shorter if I was living in Canada! Afterwards they said they'd review everything and contact me again if they had further questions. LPP was approved within 48 hours.
Thanks very much for your time in replying! Appreciate it!
Seems like ultimately the interview is a positive sign that progress may be made quickly on the application.
Funnily enough, I don't think there's anything unusual about my application. All I can think of is them wanting to verify my presence calculation because part of it is made up of the 0.5 days attributed to my time before a PR. It comes to 1171 days.

VanCity Surfer

Apr 29, 2023
Hi Admin etc,
In case my update got missed, please update the tracker with: LPP complete 10 Jan 2024 - VanCity Surfer; excel line #94. Waiting for Oath info. Thank you. Full timeline below. Best

mumairs87

Jun 12, 2016
Hello - After how much time, you normally get oath invite, once LPP hits green. It’s a paper based application for myself, my wife and my son. Our LPP got green on 11 Jan and tracker was updated 13 Jan. The ECAS shows decision made as well. Thanks!

elvin_91

Nov 23, 2017
Azerbaijan
Hello - After how much time, you normally get oath invite, once LPP hits green. It’s a paper based application for myself, my wife and my son. Our LPP got green on 11 Jan and tracker was updated 13 Jan. The ECAS shows decision made as well. Thanks!
I got mine 2 days after completion

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks CABA - yea almost 9 months from Test complete to LPP complete. Now can only hope Oath scheduling is "somewhat reasonable" and not protracted as well. Fingers crossed. Glad both your and your partners are done!
it should be fairly quick given the trend - good luck!