+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sravyapangur

May 16, 2019
Country of Origin Police Certificate

Hi all,

I applied for my Canadian citizenship 23 Feb 2023 and got my AOR this morning (20 Mar 2023). Soon after my AOR, I received an email requesting more information - specifically a PCC from India. My situation is as follows:

I became a landed PR Dec 2019 as a citizen of India, previously residing in India. After my PR I visited India for an 4 week vacation, thats it. In my application, I stated (Q.10b) that I had lived in another country (India) for more than 183 days. My understanding if that since I was in India, my country of origin, I would not need to provide a PCC. so I uploaded the PCC I used for my PR application and submitted the application. However, the email I receive today states:

"
Police Certificate Request
You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18). If you cannot get a police certificate, please explain why. A police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in (India).
- You didn’t upload a police certificate (wrong or blank document uploaded).

To fix this issue
- Upload the correct police certificate "

My questions are:

1. I'm not sure how to tackle this - do I state that I would not need a PCC since India is my country of origin? (if so how should I contact IRCC for prompt reply ) Or should I apply for the PCC via BLS anyway?
2. The email asks me to submit the requested information within 60 days from today, however the BLS website states that PCC can take a minimum of 8 weeks. Has anyone faced this issue? How does one overcome the time constraint here?

Thanks for all your help!

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019

Hi all,

I applied for my Canadian citizenship 23 Feb 2023 and got my AOR this morning (20 Mar 2023). Soon after my AOR, I received an email requesting more information - specifically a PCC from India. My situation is as follows:

I became a landed PR Dec 2019 as a citizen of India, previously residing in India. After my PR I visited India for an 4 week vacation, thats it. In my application, I stated (Q.10b) that I had lived in another country (India) for more than 183 days. My understanding if that since I was in India, my country of origin, I would not need to provide a PCC. so I uploaded the PCC I used for my PR application and submitted the application. However, the email I receive today states:

"
You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18). If you cannot get a police certificate, please explain why. A police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in (India).

To fix this issue

My questions are:

1. I'm not sure how to tackle this - do I state that I would not need a PCC since India is my country of origin? (if so how should I contact IRCC for prompt reply ) Or should I apply for the PCC via BLS anyway?
2. The email asks me to submit the requested information within 60 days from today, however the BLS website states that PCC can take a minimum of 8 weeks. Has anyone faced this issue? How does one overcome the time constraint here?

It asks you "Will you provide a police certificate?" You should have answered no, and then provided the explanation, instead of uploading an invalid PCC. At this point, I'd just get the PCC if it's not too much hassle. If it is, try to write a letter and explain this, and submit it and see what happens.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1290
Application: Single
Application sent: Feb 2nd
Delivered: Feb 7th (confirmed with tracking
AOR: Still waiting

Not sure at what point I should be worried about not yet receiving my AOR
Hopefully you will receive AOR by this weekend

Reactions: ECMiss

SimritDhiman

Mar 20, 2023
Please add to the sheet

Physical Presence Days: 1292 days
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) - Family 3 members - 2 Adults 1 minor
Application sent: Feb 16, 2023
Delivered: Feb 21, 2023
AOR: Waiting

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023

Hi all,

"

To fix this issue

My questions are:

your applied online or paper based

cec1986

Mar 20, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Family(2)
Application Delivered: Feb 17
AOR:

sravyapangur

May 16, 2019
It asks you "Will you provide a police certificate?" You should have answered no, and then provided the explanation, instead of uploading an invalid PCC. At this point, I'd just get the PCC if it's not too much hassle. If it is, try to write a letter and explain this, and submit it and see what happens.
I should have :(. Thank you for your reply. I will try to get new PCC and hope for the best.

shubham88

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hi guys, if anyone can answer. If we applied in a group then after AOR we have create separate account for each group member? or can we link all the applications under signle account.

jgm737

Feb 17, 2022
Hello guys… how do I check the status of my application? (Online application).
Is that vía that system called ECAS?
Thank you all !