+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
hey
My parents (both seniors) applied for citizenship in Feb 2022 and in Feb 2023 they got the invitation for Virtual Oath Ceremony. Since they were out of Canada so they requested to change the date.
Since then no update from CIC and they have been just waiting for new date. Does anyone got the idea how long does it take to get the new date?
TIA,
S

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
hey
My parents (both seniors) applied for citizenship in Feb 2022 and in Feb 2023 they got the invitation for Virtual Oath Ceremony. Since they were out of Canada so they requested to change the date.
Since then no update from CIC and they have been just waiting for new date. Does anyone got the idea how long does it take to get the new date?
TIA,
S
Rescheduling is tricky. Just like your parents many are stuck since 6 months. Did you call IRCC? You can take your MP Office help too.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
Applied Online Feb 2022
Criminality Passed Oct 2022
Test Passed Nov 2022
Security Passed May 2023

Then
I was interviewed in July 2023 by Vancouver office, it was simple online PI interview and at the end I was told by the officer that He is granting my application and I should hear from her office in a month or two for oath.
Next day I got LPP passed
Also the notes on file the same day say "No adverse info, no concerns"
Then 3 days later a GU

Then
Its been more than a month no oath invite.
Then my MP got this info from IRCC

• All assessments for your application have been completed and passed.
  • The only piece left in your citizenship is the oath.
  • Determining the date of the oath cannot be determined at this time
  • Additional verifications are now being done and once the verifications have been completed, you will be contacted. IRCC will not advise what the additional verifications are,

Also IRCC call center says the same that my application is not approved (no DM) yet and in under verifications.
If criminality security is passed. What are more verifications for?

@rajkamalmohanram @dpenabill

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Applied Online Feb 2022
Criminality Passed Oct 2022
Test Passed Nov 2022
Security Passed May 2023

Then
I was interviewed in July 2023 by Vancouver office, it was simple online PI interview and at the end I was told by the officer that He is granting my application and I should hear from her office in a month or two for oath.
Next day I got LPP passed
Also the notes on file the same day say "No adverse info, no concerns"
Then 3 days later a GU

Then
Its been more than a month no oath invite.
Then my MP got this info from IRCC

• All assessments for your application have been completed and passed.
  • The only piece left in your citizenship is the oath.
  • Determining the date of the oath cannot be determined at this time
  • Additional verifications are now being done and once the verifications have been completed, you will be contacted. IRCC will not advise what the additional verifications are,

Also IRCC call center says the same that my application is not approved (no DM) yet and in under verifications.
If criminality security is passed. What are more verifications for?

@rajkamalmohanram @dpenabill
You got the same timeline as me. My application was in Feb 2022 and my interview was also in Jul 2023. Jul 25th I think.

The only difference was that I requested the visa officer to give the oath on the same date. When he denied, I told him to give is asap as I have a travel coming up in 2 months. My oath was scheduled on Aug 11, 2023.

ahlalani

Jul 22, 2014
The MP office have contacted them multiple times but nothing has moved. Think i may have to get a lawyer to send them a message at this point.
Did you apply for the GCMS notes? I was also not getting any updates on my tracker. Then I applied for GCMS notes. Almost a month later, the tracker started to turn green. I had my oath ceremony this week and applied for the passport. Same thing I shared with one of my family friends and she also got the result. Just try it. It might work for you. If you had previously applied for it, apply again. There is no harm in it.

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Did you apply for the GCMS notes? I was also not getting any updates on my tracker. Then I applied for GCMS notes. Almost a month later, the tracker started to turn green. I had my oath ceremony this week and applied for the passport. Same thing I shared with one of my family friends and she also got the result. Just try it. It might work for you. If you had previously applied for it, apply again. There is no harm in it.
Thank you for the tip

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello
I have written directly to MP but did not get any reply. I am living in the Scarborough area. Usually how much time they take to reply?
I got in a week. You can even go to there office for quick response. My MP had auto-reply set with clear expectations set. Don't expect response if your processing time ETA is not breached etc.