+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ShajBD

Aug 12, 2023
Hi, is your physical presence and prohibitions bith complete as well?
I only got ghost update on March 2 after that no update,
What is the way to know the current processing visa office
I applied in March 2022 from Halifax and completed test on 8 August 2022 .
I moved toronto in July 2023. Now I would like to know weather my file transfer at Scarborough or not ?

SPADMASH

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
my tracker says i am scheduled for oath on Aug 31st.. i got a email for certificate download not for citizenship ceremony..

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
9 month since I completed my test and nothing from them but 2 ghost updates. My MP has contacted them several times and they seem completely unphased. Just adds to my list of reasons I'm falling out of love with this country.

redwing419

Jun 16, 2023
Almost 19 months and still not complete.i know people that got their citizenship in 4-5 months..even people that applied 3 moths ago are seeing progress.
Total nonsense to say every application is different when people that have applied for almost 2 years haven't had their application finalized.
Whatever system they have there is stupid and pointless. Making people wait for months for LLP to clear.How hard is that part?

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Almost 19 months and still not complete.i know people that got their citizenship in 4-5 months..even people that applied 3 moths ago are seeing progress.
Total nonsense to say every application is different when people that have applied for almost 2 years haven't had their application finalized.
Whatever system they have there is stupid and pointless. Making people wait for months for LLP to clear.How hard is that part?
I hear you, it's infuriating.

Sep 23, 2021
After nearly 9 months since I completed my test I finally got progress and oath scheduled. Below is my timeline:

Type: Online application
Office: Scarborough
Physical Presence Days: 1168
Application: Single
Application sent: Feb 7, 2022
AOR: Mar 17, 2022
Police certificate requested: Mar 17, 2022 (lived outside Canada for one year out of last 4 years)
Background check complete: Oct 13, 2022
Police certificate received: Nov 10, 2022
Citizenship test invite: Dec 2, 2022 (test window: Dec 9 - Dec 29)
Test completed: Dec 14, 2022
Police certificate scanned & seen: Jan 23, 2023 (seen in ATIP notes)
Police certificate verified: Jul 18, 2023 (seen in ATIP notes)
LPP completed: Aug 8, 2023
Citizenship ceremony in Progress: Aug 17, 2023
Citizenship ceremony scheduled: Sep 26, 2023

Best of luck to everyone still waiting. It is a long anxious journey

Reactions: Kurayem

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
After nearly 9 months since I completed my test I finally got progress and oath scheduled. Below is my timeline:

Type: Online application
Office: Scarborough
Physical Presence Days: 1168
Application: Single
Application sent: Feb 7, 2022
AOR: Mar 17, 2022
Police certificate requested: Mar 17, 2022 (lived outside Canada for one year out of last 4 years)
Background check complete: Oct 13, 2022
Police certificate received: Nov 10, 2022
Citizenship test invite: Dec 2, 2022 (test window: Dec 9 - Dec 29)
Test completed: Dec 14, 2022
Police certificate scanned & seen: Jan 23, 2023 (seen in ATIP notes)
Police certificate verified: Jul 18, 2023 (seen in ATIP notes)
LPP completed: Aug 8, 2023
Citizenship ceremony in Progress: Aug 17, 2023
Citizenship ceremony scheduled: Sep 26, 2023

Best of luck to everyone still waiting. It is a long anxious journey
Nice congrats!

Reactions: unicodeveloper

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
My MP contacted me today said she had been in communication with them Friday and still no progress. She demanded that a message be sent to the individual handling my case as it is now 18 month and 20 days since application and 9 month since I took my test with zero progress. I also sent a webform asking for an explanation. I have had zero contact from IRCC since my test went to complete in the tracker.

Reactions: redwing419

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
My MP contacted me today said she had been in communication with them Friday and still no progress. She demanded that a message be sent to the individual handling my case as it is now 18 month and 20 days since application and 9 month since I took my test with zero progress. I also sent a webform asking for an explanation. I have had zero contact from IRCC since my test went to complete in the tracker.
Please keep us posted, I feel like I'll be doing the same in a month, so very curious if your PM will be able to speed this up.
Have you tried calling them recently?

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Please keep us posted, I feel like I'll be doing the same in a month, so very curious if your PM will be able to speed this up.
Have you tried calling them recently?
No I refuse to call them as I've never had any positivity when I call. So I just let my MP deal with the calls. Keep you all updated if I hear anything

Kurayem

Oct 30, 2019
Montréal
I contacted with my MP two weeks ago. She told me that she's coming to me with information about my file by the end of this month.. Two days later I got an update for my background check completed.
But LPP still in progress. I'm not sure if something will come soon or I have to wait another 9 months for another update. It's frustration snice its out of your control.

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019
Administrator, could you update my info:
AOR 25 march 2023
Test invitation Oct 14
Fingerprints request Oct 18
Fingerprint results received Nov 2
Background verification completed Nov 3
Test completed Nov 7
LPP completed June 28
Invitation for Oath July 13
Oath ceremony Aug 17