+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

mapledog

Dec 3, 2018
Category........
Just noticed another update on 7th March, Oath Invitation is scheduled for 15th March.

It's so disappointing I made all the travel plans and I am halfway around the globe on 15th March.

Well will have to request reschedule, has anyone had any experience in rescheduling their oath? Especially when the oath is scheduled for 1 week from now and the invite is sent last moment. (well technically only the tracker has updated, no email yet)

Reactions: Noslord2003

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Just noticed another update on 7th March, Oath Invitation is scheduled for 15th March.

It's so disappointing I made all the travel plans and I am halfway around the globe on 15th March.

Well will have to request reschedule, has anyone had any experience in rescheduling their oath? Especially when the oath is scheduled for 1 week from now and the invite is sent last moment. (well technically only the tracker has updated, no email yet)
Best bet will be to reschedule you travel plans, this might push you way back by months.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015

I am not sure why you are travelling so close to the Oath date...

Reactions: twztedelegance

mapledog

Dec 3, 2018
Category........
Best bet will be to reschedule you travel plans, this might push you way back by months.
I agree it may set me back by months now, the problem is its a very important personal matter I am traveling for.
I am not sure why you are traveling so close to the Oath date...
The update on the tracker as on 7th March the invite is for 15th March (Lead time 7 days).

My travel ticket was booked on 1st Feb and I start my trip on 11th March.

I would have happily rescheduled the travel, had it not been a very important matter that I am traveling for.

Hence I am going to request to reschedule my oath invite/date.

Been waiting months and years for this, so it's not like It does not matter. This citizenship matters a lot to my family and me.

However, as unpredictable as it can be, I only wish the oath dates had a lead time of 30 days at least so applicants have enough time in-case of such situations.

rsid

Dec 20, 2017
Vancouver
Visa Office......
IRCC Vancouver
Hello All,

Nationality
: Indian
Presence: 1349 days
Application type: Online Application (Single Applicant)
Application Sent: Feb 01 2022
AOR: March 16 2022
Fingerprints request: Oct 17 2022
Fingerprints submitted: Nov 14 2022
Background Completed: Dec 06 2022
Test Invite: October 24 2022 and Nov 14 2022 (Didn't get email notification as IRCC mistyped my email :()
Test Taken:
Test Marked as completed:
Language:
In progress
Prohibitions:
In progress
Physical Presence: In progress
Oath Ceremony (started):
Oath Ceremony (scheduled):

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello All,

Nationality
: Indian
Presence: 1349 days
Application type: Online Application (Single Applicant)
Application Sent: Feb 01 2022
AOR: March 16 2022
Fingerprints request: Oct 17 2022
Fingerprints submitted: Nov 14 2022
Background Completed: Dec 06 2022
Test Invite: October 24 2022 and Nov 14 2022 (Didn't get email notification as IRCC mistyped my email :()
Test Taken:
Test Marked as completed:
Language:
In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Physical Presence: In progress
Oath Ceremony (started):
Oath Ceremony (scheduled):
So did you get a new test invite after fixing the e-mail? Did you end up sitting the test?
You can sit the test by using the test link even without the e-mail (link in signature)

lenininy2k

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Application has been updated to closed today. All the best everyone!!

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Find information and services for new Canadians, such as
  • applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres

rsid

Dec 20, 2017
Vancouver
Visa Office......
IRCC Vancouver
So did you get a new test invite after fixing the e-mail? Did you end up sitting the test?
You can sit the test by using the test link even without the e-mail (link in signature)
Just sent an email to IRCC yesterday to reschedule the test, it’s due to IRCC mistake we didn’t get the test notification. But at the same time I never logged into my tracker since June so couldn’t know anyways that I was invited! Invite dates are already passed so I don’t link is gonna work for me. But bro thanks I never knew this link ever existed for the test!

Last edited:
Reactions: shiremag