+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hi can someone please advise on my situation.
I have Physical Presence, Language, Prohibitions, Background and Test updated to Completed on Nov 25, 2022. Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started
It hasn't been updated since then and it is over 2 months. I am starting to get worried about the situation. I am not sure what region is my processing office but email for Citizenship test came from this. I applied form Saskatchewan
West Citizenship EApp / Eapp OUEST Citoyennete (IRCC) <IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Based on timelines posted in various forums, it seems like it takes 2-3 months after everything is completed to get ceremony invitation from Vancouver office. It also seems to happen in batches.
There hasn't been one recently, so I'm hoping we'll get invite very soon.

Rollon

May 10, 2022
Congrats finally.
I have a very similar timeline, applied in early Feb, AOR in mid-March, and everything went to completed on December, 23. And my office is also Montreal. But haven't got an update for the ceremony yet.
It should be coming in shortly! Good luck

Millty

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finger crossed Vancouver will soon send this final updates to all of us awaiting.
I was set as all completed on November 18 hopefully the happy news is around the corner.

ersal

Sep 18, 2019
I’m sick and tired of this system honestly. Why is IRCC not hiring more people to finish this shit show. In every single application with ircc, from study permit to work permit to pr to citizenship now, i like many of you had to come to these forums looking for hope and answers to my questions. Many people, including myself, have had to turn to forums for answers and assistance as the process takes too long. By the time the application is approved, the excitement and joy of receiving it is gone. Like why IRCC is not responsive why that goddamn phone number of them is so useless and just repeats what we can read in our application why there’s no actual way to contact them and get some straight answers. Why should we always be left in abyss after submitting the applications? And meanwhile there are some people abusing the system by getting their applications “expedited” using methods that I don’t want to mention here and cut the line and get ahead of everyone.
Like all of you here i applied in Feb and wrote the test in early Nov and shows everything completed except ceremony. What a trying BS process

Reactions: stonege77

sgr1992

Jan 5, 2023
I’m sick and tired of this system honestly. Why is IRCC not hiring more people to finish this shit show. In every single application with ircc, from study permit to work permit to pr to citizenship now, i like many of you had to come to these forums looking for hope and answers to my questions. Many people, including myself, have had to turn to forums for answers and assistance as the process takes too long. By the time the application is approved, the excitement and joy of receiving it is gone. Like why IRCC is not responsive why that goddamn phone number of them is so useless and just repeats what we can read in our application why there’s no actual way to contact them and get some straight answers. Why should we always be left in abyss after submitting the applications? And meanwhile there are some people abusing the system by getting their applications “expedited” using methods that I don’t want to mention here and cut the line and get ahead of everyone.
Like all of you here i applied in Feb and wrote the test in early Nov and shows everything completed except ceremony. What a trying BS process
I have similar timeline as you and I share your frustration. What is your processing office? Me and some others in similar situation are from Vancouver office.

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Well sounds to me your application is moving forward. At least you got everything completed. I wrote the test on October 7 and completed on Oct 11. My application is stuck in progress. So even though is frustrating please see the brighter side and save yourself from stress and anxiety. I'm Feb 1st,2022 applicant from Brampton On, Scarborough office

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Very true, I've closed a year and I'm still stuck with the security clearance! You’re right, this process killed my excitement too, but I've learned is not worth the stress and anxiety.

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
I feel your frustration and I am not even close to getting my citizenship.

Just curios how do you get to process your application urgently..not looking for a clear answer but maybe even a hint would be appreciated.

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Application type: Online Application (Single Applicant)
Sent: Feb 11 2022
AOR: March 18 2022
Background Completed: Oct 11 2022
Test Invite Oct 17 2022 - window (Nov 11- Dec 1)
Test Completed: Nov 11 2022
Test Marked as completed: Nov 17 2022
Language: Dec 21 2023
Prohibitions: Dec 21 2023
Physical presence: Dec 21 2023
Oath Ceremony: Not started
Oath Ceremony has now changed to in progress: Jan 9th
Oath scheduled: Feb 7th 2023
MTL processing office