+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Hello All,

Finally received update on my application.

Type: Online
Application Date: Feb 6, 2022
AOR: March 17, 2022
Background Check: Oct 11, 2022
Test Invite: Oct 18, 2022 (Window: Oct 21 - Nov 11)
Test Taken: Nov 7, 2022
Test Update: Dec 16, 2022
Ghost Update: March 2, 2023 (but no firm changes)
LPP: May 25, 2023 (no interim updates despite multiple follow ups)
Oath Ceremony invite: May 26, 2023 (system update)
Oath Ceremony: June 19, 2023 (no email received yet)

It’s been frustrating to wait patiently without meaningful updates since test completion. But glad that the wait is almost over now.
Woooo congrats!!

Reactions: Bravered

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
alright heard from my MP
Basically they spoke with IRCC Friday and they confirmed the next round of 3 assessments has not begun IE LPP. They estimate the date of approval to be October 2023. My MP stated that they are aware IRCC will focus on various types of applicants and prioritize based on quotas that they do not share publicly. So thats that then i guess

Kurayem

Oct 30, 2019
Montréal
alright heard from my MP
Basically they spoke with IRCC Friday and they confirmed the next round of 3 assessments has not begun IE LPP. They estimate the date of approval to be October 2023. My MP stated that they are aware IRCC will focus on various types of applicants and prioritize based on quotas that they do not share publicly. So thats that then i guess
Did you receive the test invitation in October 2022.?

Kurayem

Oct 30, 2019
Montréal
Beginning of November 2022
We are on the same boat and some of my friends too. Also I have seeing some applicants in FB hv the same issue.. The trending is you wait for 7-10 months after the test invitation. That's what's happening on most of cases who facing delays on their applications. Don't worry I believe we will receive good news by june or July.
Good luck to everyone and I wish all of us become a citizen asap.

Reactions: lcpv84

AAlli

Jan 2, 2019
Greetings -

I applied March 2022 and only just got invited for the test which I wrote a few days ago and passed. I was not in the country and got approval to write the test outside Canada.

However, I got an email asking me whether I am back in the country (I am not) and if the answer is "No", I should send proof of my departure from Canada a (I left a month ago and happy to send them the flight ticket. I was also asked to send every page of my current passport.

Question - do I absolutely have to fly back into Canada to respond to the email? Also, I am unsure when I will be back (probably in another month), would that mean that the process cannot move ahead (after having sent the evidence) simply because I am not able to type "Yes" to currently being in the country.

Thank You!!!