+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Hi RJ2020, I am in the same situation, haven't taken the test but my background check was completed in Jan 2022. Hoping for a test invite sometime in the next few months, but as you mentioned it won't be before 2023 that we will be attending the oath ceremony. It is unfair that some applications were completed on time and the rest of them are just left in limbo.
I'm in the same boat with you guys, got my first ever update (my BG check) on Jan 2022 and nothing else since then! Wish I submitted my application online as it seems like they are getting much faster updates on their files!:confused:

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
I'm in the same boat with you guys, got my first ever update (my BG check) on Jan 2022 and nothing else since then! Wish I submitted my application online as it seems like they are getting much faster updates on their files!:confused:
I am in the same boat too.

I got my background check completed update on the 24th of February, so no idea when the next steps are going to happen.
I am kind of disappointed with the pace at which they are working.
My location is Brampton, ON

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Finally my wife's Application Tracker shows status as closed. Completed the Journey.

Good Luck to Everyone here who are still waiting for their Application. Hope All goes well.

I will peek in here time to time to answer questions which I think I can answer based on our experience.

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Finally, a long journey is over though the online tracker is not yet updated.

Applied (Online) on: Feb 26
AOR Received on: August 09, 2021
Background check completed on: Sept 16
Received online Test invitation on: Nov 15
Citizenship Test completed: Dec 7
Received citizenship interview invitation: Jan 6, 2022
Interview with Citizenship Officer: Jan 25, 2022
Language skills completed: Jan 25
Physical presence completed: Feb 2
Prohibitions completed: Feb 2
Oath invitation: Feb 10
Oath Completed: March 3, 2022

Thank you all for your support and for keeping my spirits high throughout this journey.

Psych

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020

Thank you all for your support and for keeping my spirits high throughout this journey.
Congrats !
My turn is coming soon.:)

Snow1Mobile

Feb 14, 2022
They are one of the slowest. I am scr as well and even contacting my MPP made no difference! Did my test back in October and still no Oath even after i emailed them 5 times to explain a personal emergency. Even before pandemic if you look for the scarborough processing office they would schedule people 2/3 months after the test unlike a lot of the other office because they are that busy and have high volume… still waiting for my oath, my MP told me to hang in there and there was nothing i could do but wait…
Similar timeline here with Scarborough office. It’s now 4th month since everything completed on my application but the oath. And looks like it’s gonna be at least another two months.

Reactions: RoseEllie6

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021

what is your local office ?

barnicole85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
Other
After months of what seemed like nothing happening (the last update was May 2021) I randomly checked my application today and I've been invited to take the citizenship test! Yippee!

It says test activity changed to "in progress" on March 2 and I can take the test between March 10 and March 31.

I haven't received any emails about it yet.

I do have a question though. I'm going to be out of the country for 3 weeks in April. Should I do the test as close as possible to the end of March so that if we are invited for an interview/oath ceremony it'll be when we're back at the beginning of May? Or should I not worry so much as it all takes time?

I'm in Vancouver.

Thanks!

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
After months of what seemed like nothing happening (the last update was May 2021) I randomly checked my application today and I've been invited to take the citizenship test! Yippee!

It says test activity changed to "in progress" on March 2 and I can take the test between March 10 and March 31.

I do have a question though. I'm going to be out of the country for 3 weeks in April. Should I do the test as close as possible to the end of March so that if we are invited for an interview/oath ceremony it'll be when we're back at the beginning of May? Or should I not worry so much as it all takes time?

I'm in Vancouver.

Thanks!
It doesn't matter when you take it to adjust your travel plans. The gap between test and ceremony is very unpredictable. Take it as soon as 10th so you have some room before you leave.

Reactions: barnicole85

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

Finished my Oath Ceremony on 17th Feb at Niagara Falls Office, still waiting for Citizenship Certificate.What is the last Oath date to receive Citizenship Certificate?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020

I'm in Vancouver.

Thanks!
I’m really happy for you. It seems Vancouver office is sending test invites these days. My timeline is similar to you. Only BG verification is completed. No test invite yes. I hope I get test invitation soon.

barnicole85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
Other
It doesn't matter when you take it to adjust your travel plans. The gap between test and ceremony is very unpredictable. Take it as soon as 10th so you have some room before you leave.
Thanks! I probably will do it sooner rather than later. It does seem pretty unpredictable. :) Just need to read the book a few times!

I’m really happy for you. It seems Vancouver office is sending test invites these days. My timeline is similar to you. Only BG verification is completed. No test invite yes. I hope I get test invitation soon.
Hope you get yours soon too. Was feeling a bit defeated as friends who applied after me have already got their citizenship but yet my partner and I are still waiting! I was checking my application about once every few weeks so was pleasantly surprised to see an update. My BG is the only thing that has been completed too and that was a while ago! Fingers crossed you get some good news soon. :)