+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello altruists,

It will be great if you are able to provide the answers:
1) After the OATH, how long it takes to get the citizenship certificate?
2) Any signature will be required for the citizenship certificate?
3) or the citizenship certificate will be delivered in the letter box?
4) When the tracker will be changed? right now the OATH is "processing".

Thanks in advance.
1) official wording 2-4 weeks
2) No
3) Yes
4) Tracker should change Oath to completed, then you file should show as closed with a congratulation message. There is no guarantee that when your file is closed that they have sent your certificate.

Reactions: goodboy97

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
1) official wording 2-4 weeks
2) No
3) Yes
4) Tracker should change Oath to completed, then you file should show as closed with a congratulation message. There is no guarantee that when your file is closed that they have sent your certificate.
During the OATH ceremony, they said the certificate will be sent in 4-6 weeks (Montreal office)

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Hi experts,,
I have a question that might not fit here but I wanna hear from you guys.
I am planning to submit my citizenship application for me and my wife. My question is Should we apply together paper-based or separate online?

Thanks all

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi experts,,
I have a question that might not fit here but I wanna hear from you guys.
I am planning to submit my citizenship application for me and my wife. My question is Should we apply together paper-based or separate online?

Thanks all
Not an expert by any means so take my musings with a grain of salt.

Having said that, you are going to as many opinions on which is better between online and paper application as there are people on this forum. So look at the spreadsheet, study the trend and choose which option suits you best. Each application method has its pros and cons.

Good luck.

Reactions: mesho and engray

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Not an expert by any means so take my musings with a grain of salt.

Having said that, you are going to as many opinions on which is better between online and paper application as there are people on this forum. So look at the spreadsheet, study the trend and choose which option suits you best. Each application method has its pros and cons.

Good luck.
Thanks for reply.
Where I can find the spreadsheets?

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
I phoned IRCC and was able to reach them in about 15 minutes (lucky). Having said that, the agent checked with my application and said everything looks fine, no pending document or anything. But she is not able to let me know when I will be getting citizenship test.

When I mentioned that I saw lots of 2021 applications already completed. She was "shocked" to hear that because she did "not" know it. (eh.....?)

She said that given the fact that my application is only been one year, it seems "fairly normal" to be still in progress. (what the heck...)

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I phoned IRCC and was able to reach them in about 15 minutes (lucky). Having said that, the agent checked with my application and said everything looks fine, no pending document or anything. But she is not able to let me know when I will be getting citizenship test.

When I mentioned that I saw lots of 2021 applications already completed. She was "shocked" to hear that because she did "not" know it. (eh.....?)

She said that given the fact that my application is only been one year, it seems "fairly normal" to be still in progress. (what the heck...)
You should’ve asked them what do they actually smoke :)

• Haha
Reactions: sandip_patil

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
by the way, I am a paper based applicant. I have access to both ECAS and the new tracker.
  • ECAS: it has stopped updating since Sep 2021
  • New Tracker: more up to date (last update Jan 2022)
Just curious if there are folks out there in the same boat..

(FP completed, Background completed, waiting for TEST. Others: in progress)

--
Vancouver paper based single :(
I’m in the same boat. Vancouver/single/paper applicant. No update since background verification completed :-( not even the test :-(

Application delivered by mail: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
Fingerprint required: September 15, 2021
Fingerprint received: October 28, 2021
Background verification status updated to completed: October 29, 2021
Last update: October 29, 2021

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
I’m in the same boat. Vancouver/single/paper applicant. No update since background verification completed :-( not even the test :-(

Application delivered by mail: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
Fingerprint required: September 15, 2021
Fingerprint received: October 28, 2021
Background verification status updated to completed: October 29, 2021
Last update: October 29, 2021
Oh dear ... I thought I was unfortunately enough. We have very similar timeline except for background completed.

I saw the processing office is in Surrey (not that it matters or not).

I've been checking online tracker multiple times a day religiously. I also studied the guide, practised the questions religiously ..... now my passion has died somewhat ..

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
I got this (standard) reply from ST- Citizenship Official Vancouver Citizenship Office

Thank you for contacting our office. Online testing has begun, in a limited capacity, to assess the stability of the testing platform. More information on the new platform can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/online-citizenship-test-2020.html.

We understand that you have been waiting patiently for this process to resume. Rest assured that our office will contact you once there is an update with regard to your application.

If you believe that your case is urgent, you can refer to the following website for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request, and the supporting documents you will need to prove your request is urgent: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you for your continued patience.

May 10, 2021
Thought i'd give the group an update after a longggggg process.

Everything has been completed bar ceremony!

The biggest hurdle was the 3 month delay in having RCMP sending my fingerprints to the wrong address....

Cheers all!

Reactions: aacan and Jakev