+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Yh i found an old thread prior to pandemic and even then people were waiting 2/3 months after completing the test they were even saying the scr agents would tell people to not except oath for 3 months and that was back in 2017, if it was 3 months then i can’t even imagine now ! This wait is ridiculous i am thinking of contacting my MP because at this point our application is done and completed all we need is the online oath and i would like to take it online rather than have to take a day off work to do it in person because they waited too long and have to travel to downtown toronto.
Does anyone from scr office we know have all completed or are we all still waiting for that oath?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-scarborough-applicants-online-test-interview-dm-oath.724014/page-179

According to one participants in the thread who emailed the scr office and heard back - they are fully booked until end of april and have a pile of file to still schedule… doesnt look good - i doubt ill be able to vote in the upcoming provincial election thanks to that delay….
Im waiting for Oath since more then a month, im SRC office too

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Congrats! Please let us know once she get the email.

Congrats. If you have the tickets already, ask the officer/clerk during the ceremony and they will offer a pick-up or expedited courier delivery for the certificate. Then you can request an appointment for express/urgent passport application. Good luck!
Got the email from Niagara Falls office about the Oath Information today.

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Hey guys. It's almost a year since I submitted my online application. The last update I got was test status completed almost 3 months ago. Other than that, everything is still in progress including background check, prohibitions, language,... Is anyone else out there with the same timeline/status?
There are a handful number of applicants in the same situation. You can subscribe/update this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-applicants-test-completed-in-more-than-2-months-and-everything-else-still-in-progress-including-bg.755219/

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
Is it true that Vancouver office is slow ... how do we speed it up :)
on one hand, I am glad I am a PR, but on the other hand, I am shocked to see citizenship takes longer.

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Is it true that Vancouver office is slow ... how do we speed it up :)
on one hand, I am glad I am a PR, but on the other hand, I am shocked to see citizenship takes longer.
It could be the case. But then again we may feel that way because we are from Vancouver.

There isn't much we can do TBH. They have acknowledged they are slow and taking steps to improve the process.

From what I understand oath is the biggest backlog. They don't move application forward unless some oath backlog is cleared.

Some applicants have delays for other reasons. But mostly because of their insanely huge backlog.

Last edited:

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
It could be the case. But then again we may feel that way because we are from Vancouver.

There isn't much we can do TBH. They have acknowledged they are slow and taking steps to improve the process.

From what I understand oath is the biggest backlog. They don't move application forward unless some oath backlog is cleared.

Some applicants have delays for other reasons. But mostly because of their insanely huge backlog.

Interesting, I wrote to Vancouver Office. Their response is faster than IRCC Web Form. The reply seemed to be written by human, despite it provided no additional info lol. They just want me to be patient ....

Reactions: Cassiano

akak121212

Nov 7, 2016
Hey guys, I've heard zilch since AoR. Ecas says we started processing in August. Apart from that, there's been no movement.

Its been a year since they received my application, so I followed up with my MP. Her office said:

Well ircc is still finalizing applications received between Sept 29, 2019 and Oct 5 2019 sooooo you're not exceeding processing times.

What the fuck? Ircc is clearly doing stuff for a lot of applications right now. And there's been zero movement on mine, which is concerning...

Any idea/tips/suggestions on next moves?

Timeline:

Sent Feb 2021, received Feb 10 2021, AoR March 29 2021, and no communication since.

sme990

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
How much time does it take to receive the oath invitation when ECAS shows "Decision Made" and everything is completed except the Oath Ceremony?

Thanks in advance!

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
How much time does it take to receive the oath invitation when ECAS shows "Decision Made" and everything is completed except the Oath Ceremony?

Thanks in advance!
Usually a month. But can be longer. I am waiting for a week so far.

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, I took my oath yesterday. Niagara Falls office. How long does it take to get oath marked as complete and file approved?

Please update the Feb tracker.

Decision Made - Oct 21, 2021
Oath Invite - Jan 25, 2022
Oath - Feb 16, 2022

Reactions: Cassiano

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi guys, I took my oath yesterday. Niagara Falls office. How long does it take to get oath marked as complete and file approved?

Please update the Feb tracker.

Decision Made - Oct 21, 2021
Oath Invite - Jan 25, 2022
Oath - Feb 16, 2022
It showed as completed next day, but the update took 3 days to show up.

Reactions: Edifytech

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
Just got my certificate in the post today. My oath was 10th Feb. Scarborough office.

Thanks everyone who helped me on this forum through this journey and I hope those who are still waiting will get some good news soon.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Just got my certificate in the post today. My oath was 10th Feb. Scarborough office.

Thanks everyone who helped me on this forum through this journey and I hope those who are still waiting will get some good news soon.
when did you received your Oath invite in tracker and when was you Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions completed