+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Its just a matter of days, your DM will be soon...shop for a bottle from now..
LOL, I think it will be another week for me.

hey guys. I got my test invitation email today. How do you know which office is processing your application?
Congrats, you can infer it from the email address, post it here and we will let you know. Usually MIS is Mississauga, NGF is Niagara Falls, MTL is Montreal etc.

Reactions: canada23

rahikh

Apr 27, 2021
LOL, I think it will be another week for me.

Congrats, you can infer it from the email address, post it here and we will let you know. Usually MIS is Mississauga, NGF is Niagara Falls, MTL is Montreal etc.
Do we have anything for SCR? is it Scarborough?

AmeyaN

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
Doc's Request.
30-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
27-02-2017
Congrats! You can send an email to the same email address that sent you the test invitation. I got a reply a few hours later for my case.

You could also submit a webform at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Remember to include an attachment with your travel itinerary as proof of the need to change the date.

They will assign based on the dates they have available.
Test Invitation email or the Oath Invitation email. Both emails are different. Raised a web form last Wednesday, got the oath invitation on Friday, replied to the same email(also mentioned on the invitation) on the same day, no answer yet.. I am scheduled for next Wed ! Making me worry now ! Did they just give you the date you asked or they schedule you as per availability ?

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
Test Invitation email or the Oath Invitation email. Both emails are different. Raised a web form last Wednesday, got the oath invitation on Friday, replied to the same email(also mentioned on the invitation) on the same day, no answer yet.. I am scheduled for next Wed ! Making me worry now ! Did they just give you the date you asked or they schedule you as per availability ?
If you received the oath invite, you need to follow the instructions in the invite. They schedule according to availability.

Someone that did not receive the oath invite could reply to the test invitation and they would forward the email. That's what happened in my case. They replied in a few hours.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Hi all, Just wondering if it's a good idea to raise a webform and request an update to inject a life in my application? I have had no updates since October 15th. Do they get annoyed if people do that?

May 10, 2021
After a longgggggg delay.

Fingerprints have been submitted (after the 1st September 2021 request)

Received email that my test is scheduled between 19th November - 9th December

Interestingly, everything is still in progress (fingerprints were submitted October 7th)

Progress nonetheless!

EDIT;
What was the recommendation/process to change the address, there is potential we will be moving from the current address on file) -> is this even necessary to change at this point?

Last edited:

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hi all, Just wondering if it's a good idea to raise a webform and request an update to inject a life in my application? I have had no updates since October 15th. Do they get annoyed if people do that?
Nahh go ahead and do it. I ordered GCMS notes for my wife's application. Just to see what it does and if it gives an nudge to the application.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
After a longgggggg delay.

Fingerprints have been submitted (after the 1st September 2021 request)

Received email that my test is scheduled between 19th November - 9th December

Interestingly, everything is still in progress (fingerprints were submitted October 7th)

Progress nonetheless!

EDIT;
What was the recommendation/process to change the address, there is potential we will be moving from the current address on file) -> is this even necessary to change at this point?
Use this page to submit an address change https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Reactions: scott.roy210988

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Thanks, For some reason this link does not work for me, I tried it to change address but it can not find my file, even though I put the application number and all other information they ask in the form, it just can not find my application, not sure whether it is because this is only supposed to work for people submitting their application by mail? ended up sending a webform a long time ago and never heard back, still don't know if they changed my address or not (I moved 2 months ago)

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks, For some reason this link does not work for me, I tried it to change address but it can not find my file, even though I put the application number and all other information they ask in the form, it just can not find my application, not sure whether it is because this is only supposed to work for people submitting their application by mail? ended up sending a webform a long time ago and never heard back, still don't know if they changed my address or not (I moved 2 months ago)
hmm I personally did not use the link to change the address, sorry about that! I think you are on the safe side, you already sent them a webform so that's good. You can try calling and verify, but I know that they are not accepting non-urgent matters :(

Reactions: cyberkodi

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
hmm I personally did not use the link to change the address, sorry about that! I think you are on the safe side, you already sent them a webform so that's good. You can try calling and verify, but I know that they are not accepting non-urgent matters :(
Oh no worries, thank you very much for sharing the link, it's much appreciated. I hope I didn't sound ungrateful, take care!

kush9232

Nov 7, 2014
FEB 4, 2021 Application filed
AUG 27, 2021 Background verification activity status updated
OCT 06, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
OCT 08, 2021 sent PP copy email
OCT 15, 2021 Scheduled for citizenship test (19/20)
OCT 18, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated to COMPLETED
NOV 17, 2021 Prohibitions , Physical presence , Language skills activity status updated to COMPLETED