+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

clubzigsoda

Sep 7, 2021
Any ideas on how to inject life back into my application? Last update was October 15th (background verification completed, test was completed and updated in September). So Physical presence, prohibitions and language skills still outstanding and no updates at all since October 15th.

Just wondering if my application has gone down to the bottom of the queue and not sure how to inject life into it and bring it back to their attention since there is nothing outstanding from my side.
I am in the exact same situation as you, no word since oct 15. I applied to the notes via ATIP around 25 oct, it should take about 5 weeks to get the notes, lets see what will happen....

Reactions: cyberkodi

fkbanday

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Hi can someone please share what happens for children under 18. Do they receive citizenship certificate automatically after parents attend oath or will parents need to apply for children after they receive their certificate

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Finally, I come one step close and received the online test invitation. The timeline looks as bleow:

Online Applied on: Feb 26
AOR Received on: August 09, 2021
Background check completed on: Sept 16
Received online Test invitation on: Nov 15

One Question that I have and if anyone could help with is that they instructed NOT to use Microsoft Surface Pro???

Does this also refer to 'Microsoft Surfacebook Pro'? Or can I use that?
do you know which office sent the invite- Scarborough, Niagara or Sydney?
my timeline is very similar to yours and my application seems to be "in transit" even though I applied online.

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
I am in the exact same boat.

Location: E-Grant Test Ready, Updated Date: Sep 21, 2021 for HISTORY 2.

and right above for HISTORY 1 it says - Location: In Transit, Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations, Updated Date: 8 Oct 2021

The 10 page blank HISTORY is same for me as well - searching the forum, its quite common amongst applicants to see the blank pages as they are apparently redacting that information (no idea exactly why though)

Seems we are the few unlucky ones whose application files got deemed/chosen for TRANSFER due to Workload Redistribution :( apparently this transfer takes a lot of time
my notes also say- latest reply by 08/10/2022 for all steps... is it same for you as well?

I hope IRCC doesnt take this date literally.. fingers crossed for faster processing!

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hi guys,

I got a FP request on 16th Sept. My tracker shows Delivered to IRCC on 22nd september. Nothing after that besides got a ghost update on

Updated:October 25, 2021 in which the message on top : we are waiting for you to submit FP etc etc has been removed. Anyone else in the same situation or its unique to me.
I have got the Finger print request and done that on 8 NOV 2021, no update so far.

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
my notes also say- latest reply by 08/10/2022 for all steps... is it same for you as well?

I hope IRCC doesnt take this date literally.. fingers crossed for faster processing!
Does anyone know if one's GCMS tells In transit or so ? does it mean the processing office is still not allocated ?

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi Guys,
I got test invite on Nov 15th. Hope others also get.
Btw, i am little panicked now as i havent started studying for test. I thought i will study during chirstmas holidays as i had no hope i will get it this year.
Anyways, Can somebody please let me know if there are any materials that will help apart from discovery canada.

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Hi Guys,
Btw, i am little panicked now as i havent started studying for test. I thought i will study during chirstmas holidays as i had no hope i will get it this year.
Anyways, Can somebody please let me know if there are any materials that will help apart from discovery canada.
Congratulations was your processing center Scarborough? And now did it become Niagara Falls ?

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hi Guys,
You don't need anything honestly. book is enough. You can practice some test on link below.

Canadian citizenship practice test 1 | thecanadiantest.com

Reactions: KumarJayx

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Does anyone know if one's GCMS tells In transit or so ? does it mean the processing office is still not allocated ?
I’m in the same boat as you…
my file says “in transit” since 10/08
Reason mentioned is “workload redistribution “

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
I’m in the same boat as you…
my file says “in transit” since 10/08
Reason mentioned is “workload redistribution “
same boat. says "in transit", workload redistribution. latest reply by 8/10/2022. seems we are the few unlucky ones whose applications got chosen to get redistributed to another center. and at the new center, our files will now be at the bottom of the pile :( (in all fairness to the other applicants whose files were sent there first before us)

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
same boat. says "in transit", workload redistribution. latest reply by 8/10/2022. seems we are the few unlucky ones whose applications got chosen to get redistributed to another center. and at the new center, our files will now be at the bottom of the pile :( (in all fairness to the other applicants whose files were sent there first before us)
did you guys check with IRCC about the new processing Center? Were your initial Center was Scarborough?