Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017
LANDED..........
12-30-2017
Hi guys, anyone else who applied on paper and is waiting for test invite?? My application was received feb 04 and it went in process may 17th and has been stuck on that status since, no test invite or updates since….

DD4Canada

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-5-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi guys, anyone else who applied on paper and is waiting for test invite?? My application was received feb 04 and it went in process may 17th and has been stuck on that status since, no test invite or updates since….
I am in the same boat... my application was received on Feb 03 and it went into process on June 8th ... and no update since... No Test invite either.

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Got an email from them today about the test. Also has a request to send copies of all pages of all passports held in my eligibility period, in colour, but to make sure the created files don't exceed 5MB total lol. Love to know how I'm going to scan all the pages of like 3 passports and have it be less than 5MB...
why would you have 3 passports in 5 year eligibility period?

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Got an email from them today about the test. Also has a request to send copies of all pages of all passports held in my eligibility period, in colour, but to make sure the created files don't exceed 5MB total lol. Love to know how I'm going to scan all the pages of like 3 passports and have it be less than 5MB...
I had the same issue with 3 passports. It was a frustrating afternoon to get the size below 5MBs. Ended up 4.98MB LOL.
Try to scan 2 passport pages per 1 pdf page. That seemed to do the trick for me.
Submitted on Wednesday. They replied that they received it on Thursday morning.

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Hi there,
i just received an email to send colour copy of my passport within my 5 years eligibility .
wondering it means that next step is to invite for interview.? I m so bat at on line interview.
my application is on paper, i guess thats why i was asked to send all pages of my passport through mail

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Me too. No update since my application went in progress. Not only my background verification is not completed yet, but also no test invitation received yet after 7 months , while online applicants are getting their test invites only days after their AORs received, and several paper applicants are also getting their test invitations a few months after their applications went in progress.
Honestly speaking, I somehow regret that I didn’t apply online. Although their AORs comes later than paper applications, at least they’re moving far faster in comparison to paper ones.

Paper Application delivered: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
In progress: May 12, 2021
Last time updated on the new tracker dashboard: May 17, 2021

Last edited:

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
For me, it was 120 days from AOR to test invite. But these days it seems to be faster.
Sorry, its been a while since i logged in so lost in tract. So my question, when did you apply? is it online? if yes, when did you receive test invite? I am applied on feb 26,2021 and received AOR on Aug 9th, 2021, so when do u think i might get test invite? Thanks for your help

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello there all, i have one question regarding test .. i applied on feb 2021 and got the test invitation in aug .. so i m planning to use IPAD (safari browser) for my test .. it should be ok? .. i m little bit confused because they mention not to use chrome on ipad .. i m just confused can we use ipad or not?
Congrats. May i know whether you applied online? and when did you receive the AOR? Thanks

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Do not use the following to take the test:

• a mobile phone
  • Chrome on an iPad
  • Microsoft Surface Pro
  • a virtual private network (VPN)

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

Read all the guidelines carefully. If you miss or make a mistake you may not get a second attempt for months.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the tip. wondering if i can take test from india? I read somewhere that i have to let them know that i am in india.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Applied Feb 2021, Aor received in August 2021. Test invitation received as well in August 2021. Online seems to be getting faster.
Congrats bro. I app
August 18, 2021
Congrats bro. I applied online. I got aor on aug 9th, so i hope i should be getting test invite soon. Everything is in progress for me like background and other stuff. Do you think that has to be completed before test invite?

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Application Sent & Received - 6th February 2021 (Online Application)
AOR - 4th August 2021
Background Verification Complete - 25th August 2021
Citizenship Test Invite - 2nd September 2021
Citizenship Passed - 4th September 2021 (though not updated in tracker so I assume I have to wait for my test to be verified by IRCC) - Score 19/20 - Pass

As others said, hardest part was getting the photo of my ID to be focused.

Good luck everyone!

Edit - Citizenship test invite requested passport pages which were also submitted today via email (4th September 2021).

I also sat the exam using my Surface Pro 6 - I believe the issue they have is devices with two cameras (you cannot choose which one to use), so I de-activated my rear camera in device manager before starting the process, otherwise I had no problems.

Last edited:

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me too. No update since my application went in progress. Not only my background verification is not completed yet, but also no test invitation received yet after 7 months , while online applicants are getting their test invites only days after their AORs received, and several paper applicants are also getting their test invitations a few months after their applications went in progress.
Honestly speaking, I somehow regret that I didn’t apply online. Although their AORs comes later than paper applications, at least they’re moving far faster in comparison to paper ones.

Paper Application delivered: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
In progress: May 12, 2021
Last time updated on the new tracker dashboard: May 17, 2021
I am also in same boat. Timeline is in my signature. I think BG check takes longer in some cases & we fall in that category.