+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
My best guess is the background check may vary depending upon the country of origin, some may take more time than others. I read in news about someone having their application stuck for more than 3 years because their background check was taking time. Maybe compare timelines with someone with a similar background as yourself. This is just a guess.
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it.

AmeyaN

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
Doc's Request.
30-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
27-02-2017
I think there is a wrong entry against my name.. I have just received In Progress ECAS- 17th Aug no test invitation yet(hopefully this week)… the entry says I have received test invite on 25th Aug.. can you please update

Henrho

Nov 8, 2018
Just checked my status this morning and noticed that background verification was done August 25th. See update below

Submitted Online February 6th, 2021
AOR: August 19th, 2021
Language Skills: In Progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Background Verification: Completed August 25th
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Test: Not Started
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hey guys, I just checked the status tracker website and it says "You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully". And the status was updated on Aug 26. But I havent received any email form IRCC or CIC. is this normal and does it take time to receive email? Can someone please help

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hey guys, I just checked the status tracker website and it says "You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully". And the status was updated on Aug 26. But I havent received any email form IRCC or CIC. is this normal and does it take time to receive email? Can someone please help
You should have gotten it by now.

Please check the emails for all the applicants, maybe someone else on your application received it. In my case I received the email for both me and my spouse while spouse never got any email regarding the test.

Also look into your spam folder, many times the emails end up there.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
You should have gotten it by now.

Please check the emails for all the applicants, maybe someone else on your application received it. In my case I received the email for both me and my spouse while spouse never got any email regarding the test.

Also look into your spam folder, many times the emails end up there.
I am the only one applying and its not there in the spam or trash. Going to call and check with IRCC.

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
I am the only one applying and its not there in the spam or trash. Going to call and check with IRCC.
When you try to take the test is it not recognizing your details? You need to enter the application number and another number on the test portal, it will let you in only if you have been invited.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
When you try to take the test is it not recognizing your details? You need to enter the application number and another number on the test portal, it will let you in only if you have been invited.
The dates given to me is between Sep 3 and 23. So I believe I need to wait. Meanwhile does the email contain any important information or is it just a general information?

Last edited: