+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
I did, and their response is to wait for AOR. This is a new application process, I was hoping that since it's online that it would be processed faster. It seems like IRCC is still taking its time with it.
I have been trying to get in touch with them over the phone but no luck, they just say we cant take the call and hangup. I applied online on feb 1st and no word until now. Any advice on how to get to them over the phone? Specific time? specific options?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I have been trying to get in touch with them over the phone but no luck, they just say we cant take the call and hangup. I applied online on feb 1st and no word until now. Any advice on how to get to them over the phone? Specific time? specific options?
I usually send them a webform, but calling early in the morning (multiple times) seems to be another option.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
@engray

I have seen some members who applied on FEB-2021 have got an update that their back-check is completed? how long usually it takes to complete the back-check? any idea on that?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
@engray

I have seen some members who applied on FEB-2021 have got an update that their back-check is completed? how long usually it takes to complete the back-check? any idea on that?
I have no idea, to be honest. I know it varies between applicants. The spreadsheet is not updated with BG check completion.

I have seen people BG checks taking weeks to months.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@engray

I noticed that for some applicants BG is done within a week, however for others it may take months. I think if name appears in some doubtful list (someone said that if you have a common name) they do more detailed check, else its completed quickly. Mine is In Progress since 24-March.

Jollyzee

Mar 18, 2021
My Background check was completed about two weeks ago but nothing else as yet. I was of the impression that the back ground check was the last thing to be completed since it normally requires IRCC to access outside sources. On the other hand ( Language, physical presence, prohibitions) are document provided or easily checked.
But I guess nothing is standard with them.

BCLimey

Mar 10, 2016
Webform enquiry sent to see where this is in their system. Being one of the Online applicants that did not get the letter of receipt it has been worrying that it is a. There and b. Being worked on.
I will keep you all informed when they get back to me (my 3rd attempt at the Webform request).

Momaof2

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Edmonton, AB
Le français suit l’anglais.

Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker
Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on April 1, 2021 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our new Citizenship Application Tracker. The Tracker replaces the Electronic Client Application Status (eCAS) tool for citizenship grant applications.

The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:

• your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.
To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.
If you provided your representative’s email address in your application, they’ll check your status for you.

We look forward to welcoming you as a Canadian citizen.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I thought it’s something productive

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hi- anyone submitted the application with FBI background check from US?
FBI report validity is 6 months and it will expire by mid of July. I am getting nervous as I have not yet received AOR (Thanks to the online "snail" system)
should I get the new FBI report done just as backup (as it takes weeks to get it as well) as online application process is taking forever to just send an AOR.
Would they reject my application or ask for new report because of the delay on their end?

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi- anyone submitted the application with FBI background check from US?
FBI report validity is 6 months and it will expire by mid of July. I am getting nervous as I have not yet received AOR (Thanks to the online "snail" system)
should I get the new FBI report done just as backup (as it takes weeks to get it as well) as online application process is taking forever to just send an AOR.
Would they reject my application or ask for new report because of the delay on their end?
CIC website says

To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued

• after the last time you were in that country, or
  • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application
so, its not dependent on when you get AOR.

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
I checked my status on the new application tracker link provided by CIC :
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on May 11, 2021.
  4. Background verification completed on May 14, 2021.