+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello There, hope you all are doing great. I have a question, The online physical presence calculator does not have any place to sign and date when I print it. Does anyone else face this issue? And what is the solution? please help, i will submit my application tomorrow, thanks

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I went out of Canada for one week to attend a marriage. I will add this in physical presence calculator . But should I also mention it in field 10 "Address History" with time period. ?
It is also mentioned in guide "You don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation."
Can please someone explain whether I need to write this absence in Address history section or just in physical calculator as a absence to calculate days only. Attending a marriage out of country can be considered a temporary stay/on vacation.
Response is appreciated.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Hello There, hope you all are doing great. I have a question, The online physical presence calculator does not have any place to sign and date when I print it. Does anyone else face this issue? And what is the solution? please help, i will submit my application tomorrow, thanks
You don't have to sign the online physical presence calculator:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step2

Reactions: Ovaisyasin

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Please add the following information

Physical Days: 1246
Application: Family (1 Adult, 1 Minor)
Application sent: February 08, 2021
Delivered: Not yet
AOR: Not yet

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Thankyou for your response.. and on the tax filled question what should i write in 2020? Required to file “yes” , tax filled “no” .. ??
And one last question my eligibily period is 2016-02 to 2021-02 .. so on the police clearnce section they asked for the last 4 years if i have stayed for more than 6 month in any country .. i landed in canada as permenant resident on OCT 2017, before that i was in my back home (country of origin) so i dont need to provide the police clearnce right?

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Thankyou for your response.. and on the tax filled question what should i write in 2020? Required to file “yes” , tax filled “no” .. ??
Yes, I did the same. Along-with that, I wrote a letter of explanation stating that the T4 is currently not available and I will file the return once it's available. BUT you should have filled 3 tax returns prior to this. If not, I would suggest you wait and file 2020 before applying.

And one last question my eligibily period is 2016-02 to 2021-02 .. so on the police clearnce section they asked for the last 4 years if i have stayed for more than 6 month in any country .. i landed in canada as permenant resident on OCT 2017, before that i was in my back home (country of origin) so i dont need to provide the police clearnce right?
Yes, you don't. Here the text from Q10 on the link I have posted above:

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years

Reactions: Ovaisyasin

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Yes, I did the same. Along-with that, I wrote a letter of explanation stating that the T4 is currently not available and I will file the return once it's available. BUT you should have filled 3 tax returns prior to this. If not, I would suggest you wait and file 2020 before applying.

Yes, you don't. Here the text from Q10 on the link I have posted above:

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years
Ok thanks allot.. i have 3 notice of assessment for 2017,2018 and 2019 .. i should be ok right? I dont have to wait for 2020 right?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
@engray Hi, could you please add me to the tracker?

Physical Days: 1126
Application: Single
Application sent: February 3, 2021
Delivered: February 9, 2021
AOR: -

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Physical Days: 1102
Application: (1 adult 1 kid)
Application sent: February 09, 2021
Expected Delivery: February 10, 2021
AOR: N/A

barnicole85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
Other
I went out of Canada for one week to attend a marriage. I will add this in physical presence calculator . But should I also mention it in field 10 "Address History" with time period. ?
It is also mentioned in guide "You don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation."
Can please someone explain whether I need to write this absence in Address history section or just in physical calculator as a absence to calculate days only. Attending a marriage out of country can be considered a temporary stay/on vacation.
Response is appreciated.
No need to mention it in the address because you were on vacation - it was a temporary absence. Just put it in the physical presence calculator and say you attended a friends wedding in the comments.

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
Hey Ahsan, I see that you still didn't have any luck submitting online :( Anyways, I added you to the tracker, please let us know when the package is delivered.
Good luck!
Hi @engray, my application was delivered today on Feb 9th. Please update the tracker :) where you able to submit your online application or still waiting for eligibility period ??

Thank you for your help :D

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi @engray, my application was delivered today on Feb 9th. Please update the tracker :) where you able to submit your online application or still waiting for eligibility period ??

Thank you for your help :D
Hi Ahsan,

Thanks for asking, I'm still waiting for eligibility plus buffer time. I'm aiming to apply on the 21st. I will let you know how it goes :)
I also updated your entry.

Good luck!