AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
I noticed that for some applicants BG is done within a week, however for others it may take months. I think if name appears in some doubtful list (someone said that if you have a common name) they do more detailed check, else its completed quickly. Mine is In Progress since 24-March.
I have got my GCMS today and seems like they will ask for the Finger Print for me. The due date is 10-AUG-2021. Any idea why they are asking for Finger Print?

@engray opinion please

Last edited:

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
I have got my GCMS today and seems like they will ask for the Finger Print for me. The due date is 10-AUG-2021. Any idea why they are asking for Finger Print?

@engray opinion please
Your criminality check may be pending with RCMP. Is your background check still in progress in the new dashboard?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
HI Admin, Please update my status-
In process "We started processing your application on July 7, 2021."
Got this information from old tracker, so i guess they have not dumped it yet..
Thanks

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Your criminality check may be pending with RCMP. Is your background check still in progress in the new dashboard?
In the new dashboard,
Back Ground Verification = In progress
GCMS, Criminality = IN progress

BCLimey

Mar 10, 2016
It seems a few of us have slipped between the cracks...Feb Online Submissions are taking forever and a day for AOR and we were also the unlucky ones to also not get the 'Acknowledged Receipt' status some of us got afterwards too. I started down the IRCC Webform route and after some toing and froing am waiting for them to find out what's going on. Frustrating isn't the word. Online Submission - Ever got in the shortest queue at the bank just to be stood behind the guy with a million coins to count?!

jaynee02

Jul 12, 2021
Hey, I checked the spreadsheet in the first post and see that half of the applications don't have AOR yet.
I understand that most problems are for the online applications, though. I sent paper-based application and it was received on 5th Feb, however, still no AOR and they haven't returned it either.
Anyone else with paper-based one and no AOR?
Is there a way to check what's going on? I tried the phone number but it's just machines.

maddy044

Jan 22, 2016
Hey, I checked the spreadsheet in the first post and see that half of the applications don't have AOR yet.
I understand that most problems are for the online applications, though. I sent paper-based application and it was received on 5th Feb, however, still no AOR and they haven't returned it either.
Anyone else with paper-based one and no AOR?
Is there a way to check what's going on? I tried the phone number but it's just machines.
Have you checked the old Ecas using your UCI number? If not it is highly likely that you will be able to see a status update there if you sent a paper application.

Also, if you call IRCC they will probably be able to give your your application # since your application might have already been created in the system and either the AOR wasn’t issued (has occurred before) or you somehow missed it (wrong email, junk mail etc.)

My observation is that IRCC tend to check for completion separately so they can identify applications that need to be returned for missing docs and send AOR’s later. If your application was to be returned, you should have received it by now.

Last edited:

jaynee02

Jul 12, 2021
Have you checked the old Ecas using your UCI number? If not it is highly likely that you will be able to see a status update there if you sent a paper application.

Also, if you call IRCC they will probably be able to give your your application # since your application might have already been created in the system and either the AOR wasn’t issued (has occurred before) or you somehow missed it (wrong email, junk mail etc.)

My observation is that IRCC tend to check for completion separately so they can identify applications that need to be returned for missing docs and send AOR’s later. If your application was to be returned, you should have received it by now.

Thank you so much! I didn't know you can check by your UCI number. So it says they sent me an acknowledgement of receipt and a book on 7th April. I'm assuming by regular mail? Is that the AOR? I've never actually received that. Can I even ask for that to be resent?
Sorry for all the questions, it's been a while since I had to deal with applications and funnily, the immigration process was a lot more clearer to me that this.

maddy044

Jan 22, 2016
Thank you so much! I didn't know you can check by your UCI number. So it says they sent me an acknowledgement of receipt and a book on 7th April. I'm assuming by regular mail? Is that the AOR? I've never actually received that. Can I even ask for that to be resent?
Sorry for all the questions, it's been a while since I had to deal with applications and funnily, the immigration process was a lot more clearer to me that this.
Yes congrats that’s your AOR. If you provided an email address when you applied, the AOR and all other correspondence will be sent by email. There is a possibility that the email address on file is incorrect or the email landed in your junk folder.

You don’t need AOR to be re-sent, it is a generic document and it’s only real purpose is to deliver your application/file number which you can get over the phone from IRCC.

When you call them make sure to ask them the email address they have on file for you and if it’s incorrect, make sure you get it fixed. Missing any future correspondence could be much worse than missing your AOR so this is important.

Good luck!

5thhorsemen

Jul 13, 2021
Its been closer to 5 months and still have not received AOR or rejection. Any info is much appreciated. Should i re-submit another application or wait?

Physical Days: 1500
Application: 1 adult
Application sent: February 17, 2021
Delivered: February 19, 2021

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Its been closer to 5 months and still have not received AOR or rejection. Any info is much appreciated. Should i re-submit another application or wait?

Physical Days: 1500
Application: 1 adult
Application sent: February 17, 2021
Delivered: February 19, 2021
Did you try to check through the tracker if you application is in the system?(read comments above - very well explained). In any case you definitely should try to call them and ask for the application number...it might be already in the system, but for whatever reason the email didn't reach you.

Samreenreads

Jul 16, 2021
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: Feb 1 2021
Delivered: Feb 5 2021
5 Year Eligibility: not sure what this is
AOR: March 05 2021
Background check completed: April 20 2021 rest of the fields are in process

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Question on filling out employment history under bullet 11: What to write if for a certain duration if you are unemployed?

Should I mention: " Not Applicable " under name of the employer? What should I write in address / City /Country?

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, I submitted my application Feb 07, 2021. I did not submit Indian PCC but wrote a LOE. The PCC might expire Aug 12. Still waiting for the AOR. I created 2 case specific enquiries in Feb to locate my application and add the Indian PCC. But no luck. Any ideas on how to handle this situation? Should I create another CSE to IRCC or re-apply for Indian PCC just in-case?

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi guys, I submitted my application Feb 07, 2021. I did not submit Indian PCC but wrote a LOE. The PCC might expire Aug 12. Still waiting for the AOR. I created 2 case specific enquiries in Feb to locate my application and add the Indian PCC. But no luck. Any ideas on how to handle this situation? Should I create another CSE to IRCC or re-apply for Indian PCC just in-case?
I am not sure what you are trying to say? You did not submit an Indian PCC but somehow it is still expiring?