+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
When i check my application status, my current home address is correct, however my mailing address is the old one, even though in my application form I checked the box that my mailing address is the same as home address.
Should I update that on the website, or I can rely on whoever processes my application to read the form and see the correct information ?
This happened to two members of my family, all submitted in the same package (5), you can change this directly in Client Application Status "Update this mailing address" it will take a couple of days and it will changed to the address you provided.

Reactions: Bambaleeeoo

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
When i check my application status, my current home address is correct, however my mailing address is the old one, even though in my application form I checked the box that my mailing address is the same as home address.
Should I update that on the website, or I can rely on whoever processes my application to read the form and see the correct information ?
Better to update it in the website.

Reactions: Bambaleeeoo

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Got a question regarding the Test Invite Letter. How is this sent to the applicant?. I see two lines in eCas as per below.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 8, 2021.
Does it mean I will get an Invite letter soon ?.

Thanks in Advance.

Deena
It means your application is entered in their system, and they will send your application to one of their processing centres soon. Honestly, in my opinion, there is a really long path to the test invite. Many 2019-2020 applicants have received their test invitations recently. We, as 2021 applicants have a long way.

Reactions: deena7689

manik1196

May 10, 2016
Can someone explain how to connect application number for Citizenship to Gckey account or how else we keep track of changes.
Thanks

pranav.narang1711

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Admin,

Please add to the tracker.

Physical presence: 1120
Application type: Single
Application Sent: September 09, 2020
Application Received: September 14, 2020
Application Returned: January 13, 2021 (illegible CELPIP copy)
Application Re-Sent: January 29, 2021
Application Received: February 03, 2021
AOR: March 31, 2021
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

Thanks,
Pranav

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Admin,
Please add my details to Sheet-
Location- Mississauga, ON
App. Type- Single
Physical Presence Days- 1504
App Sent- Jan 24th, 2021
App. Delivered- Feb 04th, 2021
AOR- April 7th, 2021
Paper Application

Thanks,
Deena
Added
Admin,

Please add to the tracker.

Physical presence: 1120
Application type: Single
Application Sent: September 09, 2020
Application Received: September 14, 2020
Application Returned: January 13, 2021 (illegible CELPIP copy)
Application Re-Sent: January 29, 2021
Application Received: February 03, 2021
AOR: March 31, 2021
In Process:
Test:
DM:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

Thanks,
Pranav
Added

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi Folks,
Applied online on Feb 25th, 2021. Still waiting for AOR or Email. Anybody in the same boat? Checked online also, it does not showing any status.

Josd1207

Mar 20, 2021
Hi, I just notice that none of the applications sent online have received AOR, either for February and March. Would be ok if I resend my application on the paper again?

Jollyzee

Mar 18, 2021
Hi Folks,
Applied online on Feb 25th, 2021. Still waiting for AOR or Email. Anybody in the same boat? Checked online also, it does not showing any status.
Hello Kumar,
they have received mine Feb 25th as well. I used my receipt number and checked online and it say they have received it Feb 25th. Its been saying that 3+ weeks now but have not received AOR yet.

Jollyzee

Mar 18, 2021
Hi, I just notice that none of the applications sent online have received AOR, either for February and March. Would be ok if I resend my application on the paper again?
I don't think it makes sense. You cannot have two applications being process. I think if anything, duplicate applications would slow down/ confuse the process. My opinion.

Reactions: JHT

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello Kumar,
they have received mine Feb 25th as well. I used my receipt number and checked online and it say they have received it Feb 25th. Its been saying that 3+ weeks now but have not received AOR yet.
Was your application paper-based or online?

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
it is for certain that will not help you get an AOR sooner, and if anything it will probably delay it a whole lot longer.

sending two applications in such a short period already is a big mistake.

do yourself and everyone a huge favor and relax

Reactions: BenLinus6

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
According to what we’re witnessing here in the threads, online applications receive AOR later than paper applications. However, I personally believe the routine online applications after receiving AOR, would be processed faster than paper ones. I might be wrong, but that’s what I feel and believe.