+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi all.
Please help I need some clarification. I am applying for my 1st Canadaian passport. In the passport application form it asks to state any previous travel document. Is PR card considered a travel document whose details need to mentioned here?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi Admin

Please update sheet. Took my oath and tracker says :

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason:
We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Thanks

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Admin

Please update sheet. Took my oath and tracker says :

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason:
We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Thanks
@Ronnie1970 When did you receive your oath instructions? I have been scheduled for oath but dint receive any instructions

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Yes I would as I might cause unnecessary delay if they requested again. It's not only dates..what about the arrival and departure mentioned in Stamps.
Finally there is an update on my file! Got scheduled for an in person interview on Sep 19th!
Now I’m nervous that what they’re gonna ask. Also do you know by any chance if I have to translate the stamps again and take them with me or they already have them and there is no need to redo the translations? I appreciate your input.

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
I've stopped checking my tracker regularly to protect my mental health! The slow pace at which my application is progressing is stressful and frustrating to say the least!

At the same time I realize that there are many applicants before me who have been waiting longer than me. And I hope all of us get through sooner rather than later.

Good luck!
Today I found out from my tracker that I got scheduled for an in person interview on Sep 19th! So finally there is an update although I was not thrilled as I was hoping to get an oath date but it’s still something. Hope you get some updates too. Don’t loose your hope and good luck :)

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
I also got interview date on 30 Aug but haven't received email yet...yours is online or in-person? yours also Scarborough office?
How was your interview? How long did it take and what kind of questions did they ask? Mine is in less than 3 weeks and I’m already nervous about it

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
How was your interview? How long did it take and what kind of questions did they ask? Mine is in less than 3 weeks and I’m already nervous about it
Most questions were general about travel purposes and verifying the travel dates, and my jobs in Canada. But I have to say interview was not a pleasant one (in-person), the officer was trying to find mistakes on my application like pointing to a stamp on my passport and asked me why I didn't include that trip in my application. The reason was because that trip happened before I landed!!! So weird... she also questioned my fund of supporting my family which is even more weird as interview purpose stated in the letter relates to verify travel documents and identity only. I was totally puzzled at the end of the interview. Fortunately, all checks pending turned to completed today and my Oath ceremony is scheduled on Oct 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhereAmIQc

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi Admin, not sure if anyone is still updating the spreadsheet.

Decision Made on Aug 31, 2022
Oath date scheduled on Oct 7, 2022

Thanks! And Good Luck to the rest of the people waiting for Oath!

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Finally there is an update on my file! Got scheduled for an in person interview on Sep 19th!
Now I’m nervous that what they’re gonna ask. Also do you know by any chance if I have to translate the stamps again and take them with me or they already have them and there is no need to redo the translations? I appreciate your input.
No need to translate again. You must have a scanned copy of the translation. . Use that. What do you mean you have to take them. I don't think you have an in person interview..it's on Microsoft teams..check your mail.

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Most questions were general about travel purposes and verifying the travel dates, and my jobs in Canada. But I have to say interview was not a pleasant one (in-person), the officer was trying to find mistakes on my application like pointing to a stamp on my passport and asked me why I didn't include that trip in my application. The reason was because that trip happened before I landed!!! So weird... she also questioned my fund of supporting my family which is even more weird as interview purpose stated in the letter relates to verify travel documents and identity only. I was totally puzzled at the end of the interview. Fortunately, all checks pending turned to completed today and my Oath ceremony is scheduled on Oct 7.
Thank you for sharing and I’m sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience:/ Beside 2 pieces of ID , passports and travel documents did you take any orher document with you?

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
No need to translate again. You must have a scanned copy of the translation. . Use that. What do you mean you have to take them. I don't think you have an in person interview..it's on Microsoft teams..check your mail.
They asked for PR card, 1 piece of ID along with travel documents and passports and also asked for translated passport stamps that are not in English/French. So I was wondering if I should get them translated again and take them with me on the day of in person interview, I don’t have any scanned copy of them unfortunately.
I’ve mailed them hard copies of the translations 2 weeks ago.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Thank you for sharing and I’m sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience:/ Beside 2 pieces of ID , passports and travel documents did you take any orher document with you?
she also checked my health card besides DL and PR card. Also your language proof original (IELT score for me)

Reactions: Oh.canada