AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
I am waiting for the oath as well. Passed the test in middle of December 2021. Still Language, physical presence and prohibition are 'in progress'.

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi there- I will be doing the same as well I.e traveling for oath back to Canada.
Do you know if we have to wait for the certificate and get the passport before we leave or can the certificate delivered to an address outside Canada as well?
kibdly let me know if you have any info on this. TIA.
No we have to wait for the certificate and make the passport. If you have the flight ticket ready you can ask the officer to expedite your certificate, it can arrive as fast as in 2 days after the oath (can take up to 4 days if expedited). Then apply for same-day passport for an extra $100. I am planning to do that (or if you can wait, apply for a passport that you receive in 3-6 days for $50).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/urgent-emergency-passport.html
Urgent and express services in Canada

If you need a passport in less than 10 business days, we offer urgent and express passport services at certain locations in Canada.

To request these services, you must apply in person.

Service fees and processing times

For urgent or express service, you’ll need to pay an additional service fee along with the regular passport fee. These services include:
  • urgent pick-up
    • Fee: CAN$110
    • Processing time: by the end of the next business day
  • express pick-up
    • Fee: CAN$50
    • Processing time: within 2 to 9 business days
A passport officer will tell you the date of your pick-up when you apply.

Last edited:

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
No we have to wait for the certificate and make the passport. If you have the flight ticket ready you can ask the officer to expedite your certificate, it can arrive as fast as in 2 days after the oath (can take up to 4 days if expedited). Then apply for same-day passport for an extra $100. I am planning to do that (or if you can wait, apply for a passport that you receive in 3-6 days for $50).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/urgent-emergency-passport.html
Urgent and express services in Canada

If you need a passport in less than 10 business days, we offer urgent and express passport services at certain locations in Canada.

To request these services, you must apply in person.

Service fees and processing times

For urgent or express service, you’ll need to pay an additional service fee along with the regular passport fee. These services include:
  • urgent pick-up
    • Fee: CAN$110
    • Processing time: by the end of the next business day
  • express pick-up
    • Fee: CAN$50
    • Processing time: within 2 to 9 business days
A passport officer will tell you the date of your pick-up when you apply.
How fast can they expedite the certificate delivery? Can you recieve it the same day?

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
anyone who applied in Feb 2021 still waiting for OATH ?
I'm waiting for the invite.
The online tracker shows Oath on March 1st but I haven't received an email or letter.
Little bit worried about the delay, because my tracker has been showing my Oath date since December or so.

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
Just got my email invitation today, I am one of those who had Feb 7th that was rescheduled to 17th.
When was your online tracker updated with the Oath date?

baguettemoi

Dec 1, 2021
No, the fastest is next day, depends on where you are located.
Located in Ottawa. Do you know if it is possible to get it next day. My Oath is on a Wednesday, planning to get to Ottawa on Tuesday, then come back on Saturday. Have you heard of anyone who was able to do a similar thing?

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • a detailed explanation of your situation
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
It means IRCC is allowing oath from outside?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • a detailed explanation of your situation
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
It means IRCC is allowing oath from outside?
Where does it say they allow Oath from Outside ?

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
Where does it say they allow Oath from Outside ?
This is what the Oath Invitation letter says precisely:

By participating in this video oath ceremony, you confirm that you, and any family members associated to your application, will be taking the Oath of citizenship in Canada. If you are not currently in Canada, contact us as soon as possible in order for us to reschedule your ceremony.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
This is what the Oath Invitation letter says precisely:

By participating in this video oath ceremony, you confirm that you, and any family members associated to your application, will be taking the Oath of citizenship in Canada. If you are not currently in Canada, contact us as soon as possible in order for us to reschedule your ceremony.
That was my question, nothing in the oath letter says which @Gondal27 posted points to Oath being allowed from outside Canada.