09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
Hi there,

Do I absolutely must be located physically within Canada for oath ceremony ?
As I understand it is all online now.
They ask you at the beginning of the call if you are in Canada and where.

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Thanks Chadev. Test is passed but everything else like prohibition, physical, language is in progress. I wonder why they only pick few?
I am no expert, but there could be various reasons -
a) Travel history
b) multiple passport evidenced.
c) Luck ( plays a major role at times with no rational)

Reactions: KumarJayx

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
a) Travel history
Agree. I travelled lot of times to india and other countries in last 2 years but my days are more than 1600. Also, i had 2 passport but one is expired which i dint submit as it was expired in 2014 and out of eligibility period.

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Agree. I travelled lot of times to india and other countries in last 2 years but my days are more than 1600. Also, i had 2 passport but one is expired which i dint submit as it was expired in 2014 and out of eligibility period.
There you go!

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
a) Travel history
Wrong. The applicant’s background verification is already completed. The applicant has even passed the test. The time gap between the test invite and oath ceremony (while BG verification is completed) has nothing to do with travel history or number of passports. It’s just matter of time. However, I agree with your last clause. Nowadays, luck plays a prominent role in the citizenship process.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Wrong. The applicant’s background verification is already completed. The applicant has even passed the test. The time gap between the test invite and oath ceremony (while BG verification is completed) has nothing to do with travel history or number of passports. It’s just matter of time. However, I agree with your last clause. Nowadays, luck plays a prominent role in the citizenship process.
But my Language, Prohibitions and physical presence is in progress. I think it has something to do with physical presence or prohibitions.

abhi84712

Dec 8, 2021
Not entirely wrong. The physical presence field is all about your entry and exit to and from Canada, which in turn tells how many days you were in Canada during the eligibility period. It is totally logical for the physical presence status to stay in progress for longer than usual if the applicant has made numerous trips in and out of Canada. Prohibition and Language fields are generally grouped with physical presence; therefore, all these are in progress since a long time for the applicant in question.

Last edited:

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Unless you are an IRCC officer you including everyone here can not be absolutely sure about why’s. I would categorize your views just as a speculation than an affirmative reason behind the applicant’s case.

Reactions: LabibCiti

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello Guys,
I was going through spread sheet and noticed that there is no column for Interview date. Column J is "Test Interview date" but i guess its the time when test is marked as complete and not actual interview with officer. I think its better to change the column name to "Test completion date" and also its nice to have another column for "interview with officer". Just my feedback. I see only few people face interview. In this thread, only 4 people got interview with officer.

Reactions: BenLinus6

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello Guys,
I was going through spread sheet and noticed that there is no column for Interview date. Column J is "Test Interview date" but i guess its the time when test is marked as complete and not actual interview with officer. I think its better to change the column name to "Test completion date" and also its nice to have another column for "interview with officer". Just my feedback. I see only few people face interview. In this thread, only 4 people got interview with officer.
Well, the spreadsheets were made during pre-COVID times and the general practice was to have the interview right after the test (on the same day) and decision made within a couple of days. It never accounted for COVID, online test and a myriad of interventions brought about by the pandemic. This is akin to the "in process ECAS" tab but ECAS is not available to online applicants so it's hard to tell what "in process" even mean. In your case, I think you can just add it to the Notes tab that you had an interview after test since that is an exception rather than the norm.

Reactions: KumarJayx

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Well, the spreadsheets were made during pre-COVID times and the general practice was to have the interview right after the test (on the same day) and decision made within a couple of days. It never accounted for COVID, online test and a myriad of interventions brought about by the pandemic. This is akin to the "in process ECAS" tab but ECAS is not available to online applicants so it's hard to tell what "in process" even mean. In your case, I think you can just add it to the Notes tab that you had an interview after test since that is an exception rather than the norm.
t
Ya that make sense. Thanks.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi,
My interview with officer is scheduled at 11:15 on Jan 27th, 2022. There is no mention of AM or PM or EST or timezone information. Considering that my office is niagara, I am assuming it should be 11:15am EST or Toronto time. Do you guys think i should check with an officer to confirm?

Abhishek92

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hi,
My interview with officer is scheduled at 11:15 on Jan 27th, 2022. There is no mention of AM or PM or EST or timezone information. Considering that my office is niagara, I am assuming it should be 11:15am EST or Toronto time. Do you guys think i should check with an officer to confirm?
Do you have your decision made ??