+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi folks, my office is Scarborough as confirmed by GCMS.
My Background check completed today. Ghost update on Sep 29th.
online app
AOR Mar 22
They didn’t ask me for finger prints or passport scans. I attached passport scans with application itself,
1) Is there a chance they still might ask again??
2) How long would it be for test invite generally speaking?
3) As background is complete, would it mean, no finger prints are necessary?

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Guys, during my test, everything went fine, but while I was answering test questions during the 30 mins, there was a box on bottom right with a red sign.

It seemed like it should show my camera or something but it didnt show anything, just a red sign.

Is this fine, anyone else had this issue?

It was like that red line when u run a logitech on capture and record the screen for streaming.

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Guys, during my test, everything went fine, but while I was answering test questions during the 30 mins, there was a box on bottom right with a red sign.

It seemed like it should show my camera or something but it didnt show anything, just a red sign.

Is this fine, anyone else had this issue?

It was like that red line when u run a logitech on capture and record the screen for streaming.
Did your laptop have a VPN on it? Some systems block out prolonged permissions to the camera to protect your privacy (the site needs continuous access to your camera throughout the test period). Happened to me when I was appearing for an online certification with Pearson (they did not let me take that exam as continuous camera permissions were denied by my VPN). If during your test they were unable to continuously record you then probably you may be asked to re-appear. They generally provide feedback within a week after the test so I guess wait and see.

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020

fk123

Oct 2, 2021
My application received by IRCC in Feb 2022 start and I got AOR in march 2021 end. After that everything BG check, language, physical presence and prohibitions are in progress no update. Do you have similar case?
Posting reply again put wrong year date in previous reply...
My application received by IRCC in Feb 2021 start and I got AOR in march 2021 end. After that everything BG check, language, physical presence and prohibitions are in progress no update. Do you have similar case?

Reactions: engray

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Posting reply again put wrong year date in previous reply...
My application received by IRCC in Feb 2021 start and I got AOR in march 2021 end. After that everything BG check, language, physical presence and prohibitions are in progress no update. Do you have similar case?
That was a paper application, right? Also, please let me know your city and physical presence days. Are you willing to share exact dates for when you sent the app, when IRCC received it and when you got AOR?
here: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

if you proceed with privacy act - its free
under access to information - its $5 or so i think.

i remember someone did this in our group. was it you @engray ?
Right! If you are requesting GCMS notes for yourself, use privacy act and it's free. Access to information is $5 but you don't need to apply under it (unless you want information about a specific government program like online e-app).

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
That was a paper application, right? Also, please let me know your city and physical presence days. Are you willing to share exact dates for when you sent the app, when IRCC received it and when you got AOR?

Right! If you are requesting GCMS notes for yourself, use privacy act and it's free. Access to information is $5 but you don't need to apply under it (unless you want information about a specific government program like online e-app).
What option to select for below question when requesting GCMS

*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.