17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon the link din't work for me. :(

Regarding the NOC, I have messed up my reference letter. It had around 17 duties of which only 7/8 come under the NOC i have chosen. Rest were irregular and doesn't come under one specific NOC. in that case, could they ask for any explantaion/ADR? or any issues with NOC directly goes for rejection? A few people said that it might depend on the person handling my profile, some may find it appropraite NOC, some might not! It doesn't work like that, right? Is it a myth?
It is an applicant's responsibility that the JDs in the NOC match the JDs in the work reference letter.

IF they don't then it may lead to rejection. IRCC does not seek an explanation, they send a procedural fairness letter.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

Reactions: ArikaTipsy

ArikaTipsy

May 5, 2021
@legalfalcon anyone having used reprerentative form while submitting EE profile, can call IRCC customer service about their profile status? or IRCC shall provide such info only to the representative mentioned in the IMMform?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon anyone having used reprerentative form while submitting EE profile, can call IRCC customer service about their profile status? or IRCC shall provide such info only to the representative mentioned in the IMMform?
The person whose application it is, their authorised representative on file, and any person authorised to obtain the info, whose info is on file can inquire about the status of the application.

ArikaTipsy

May 5, 2021
The person whose application it is, their authorised representative on file, and any person authorised to obtain the info, whose info is on file can inquire about the status of the application.
I got confuse by this line: Please note the representative will receive all correspondence from IRCC or the CBSA, not the applicant;

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5561-instructions-use-representative.html

@legalfalcon Did they mean email correspondence? Can I call IRCC service cntre from outside Canada using Rebtel app?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I got confuse by this line: Please note the representative will receive all correspondence from IRCC or the CBSA, not the applicant;

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5561-instructions-use-representative.html

@legalfalcon Did they mean email correspondence? Can I call IRCC service cntre from outside Canada using Rebtel app?
If you have a representative, then all communication sent from IRCC will be sent to your representative.

However, that does not bar the application from calling IRCC and asking about the application.

Be advised that when you signed a retainer with your paid representative, it may have a clause asking you not to contact IRCC, so check that. If you do contact IRCC directly, it may void your retainer.

ArikaTipsy

May 5, 2021
If you have a representative, then all communication sent from IRCC will be sent to your representative.

However, that does not bar the application from calling IRCC and asking about the application.

Be advised that when you signed a retainer with your paid representative, it may have a clause asking you not to contact IRCC, so check that. If you do contact IRCC directly, it may void your retainer.
I couldn't find any such clause in the contract signed. I did not have any direct communication with my representative. A consultancy firm from my Home country did all communication! In such cases, do the profiles actually get reviewed by actual representatives? Or, the consultancy firms do all the work?

Jtz2021

May 6, 2021
Hi guys I received a great news today!
I submitted my application on feb 12th and I had done my biometrics last year so I didn’t have to do them again. I am currently in Canada on a work permit. My medical was passed on March 1st and I called IRCC today and they told me my file is in Vancouver and that everything is passed and they are just waiting on the final decision. But when I use the automated service on the phone it doesn’t tell me that everything is passed. I asked the lady over the phone and she told me that the officer hasn’t updated it in the system. Does this actually mean that everything is passed or not ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I couldn't find any such clause in the contract signed. I did not have any direct communication with my representative. A consultancy firm from my Home country did all communication! In such cases, do the profiles actually get reviewed by actual representatives? Or, the consultancy firms do all the work?
As per law, there is no such thing as consultancy firm. You should have spoken directly with the lawyer or consultant. If you have no such clause, you can surely call IRCC and ask.

DINGAN

Jan 24, 2021
Hello i have submitted my file on feb
Biimetrics has been done .only the medicals has to be passed that too will be done this week.but because of some circumstances i have lost the job after 22 months of working thr.will it effwct my file as i have a closed work permit and can only work under that employer

Eric P

May 8, 2021
CEC Inland
AOR: Feb 23 2021
Medical passed March 10
Criminality: Passed
Others are not started per IRCC rep
VO: Montreal

I saw many people's file with Feb AOR were assigned to Montreal. I heard most of the complicated cases will be sent to Montreal. Is this true? Anyone has insight on this?

Eric P

May 8, 2021
As per law, there is no such thing as consultancy firm. You should have spoken directly with the lawyer or consultant. If you have no such clause, you can surely call IRCC and ask.
Hi Legalfalcon,
Thanks for sharing! Quick quesiton, in the how is an EE application processed article, the eligibility stage was done before the criminality. I called IRCC and the agent said my criminality passed but eligibility not started. Is this normal?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
Thanks for sharing! Quick quesiton, in the how is an EE application processed article, the eligibility stage was done before the criminality. I called IRCC and the agent said my criminality passed but eligibility not started. Is this normal?
Things have changed a little, earlier the criminality was based on PCCs and was done during completeness check (R10). Now criminality is based on PCCs and biometric fingerprints, which are processed by RCMP and the results are sent to IRCC. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

In the GCMS notes now you will see criminality status change twice.

Also, the article you are referring to does not list the stages in chronological order.

In some cases the criminality may be in progress and not passed, but other stages will continue to be processed. It is on a case by case.

Given that your AoR is February, it is too early in the process. Just give it some more time.

Eric P

May 8, 2021
Things have changed a little, earlier the criminality was based on PCCs and was done during completeness check (R10). Now criminality is based on PCCs and biometric fingerprints, which are processed by RCMP and the results are sent to IRCC. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Also, the article you are referring to does not list the stages in chronological order.

In some cases the criminality may be in progress and not passed, but other stages will continue to be processed. It is on a case by case.

Given that your AoR is February, it is too early in the process. Just give it some more time.
Thanks for your reply. it's helpful to me.
Any insight on the Montreal office? Is it true most of the complicated cases will be sent to this office. I think my work experience is well supported and my file is straightforward. But I had a PR application refusal in the past. Should I expect a longer processing time? Any information are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa

hey @legalfalcon,

I received the webform reply I sent 10 days back. The reply was as under.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

In addition, we can confirm that:

• Your application currently meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

Does that mean my eligibility passed ??
I also got request for my wife’s RCMP, the letter states to ‘Make a decision they need my wife’s RCmP certified criminal record check.”
Does that mean my application is closed to approval?
Thanks in advance