Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
19-02-2021
AOR Feb 12, 2021
FSW Outland, COR Bangladesh

Received ADR just now PCC, MED, Shedule A

My question is i was in study visa in the UK and since i got the PCC from the UK I never visited that country, therefore should i submit PCC from both the UK and Bangladesh or just the Bangladesh PCC should suffice? Although the instruction letter just simply says any country that you lived in more that 6 months since the age of 18.

Thanks in advance
If it is possible for you to get a new PCC from the UK, I would suggest getting one (since I guess you obtained one for the application you submitted last year). I think they are asking for these documents because they have all expired. Since they have not specified which country's PCC they need, it might be better to give both. However, do a bit of your own research regarding this before deciding what to do.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I haven't been back there since i submitted the application but those PCCs were already uploaded when i applied in 2021.

The thing is that in my request letter they did not mention any specific country. I have noticed that for others they have mentioned the country name. This is what i have on my letter.

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate
They didn't mention because they are lazy. I know. They have mentioned for others but not for us. That's because they are lazy AF. Look, think logically; your PCC doesn't expire as per guidelines. They won't reject you because they cannot reject someone for this. You cannot commit a crime in that country because you haven't visited that country since you have submitted the application. The absolutely WORST case is that you get ADR for specifically that country (UK in your case) but the probability of that is ridic. small.

D

Deleted member 1083629

If it is possible for you to get a new PCC from the UK, I would suggest getting one (since I guess you obtained one for the application you submitted last year). I think they are asking for these documents because they have all expired. Since they have not specified which country's PCC they need, it might be better to give both. However, do a bit of your own research regarding this before deciding what to do.
Nope. That's not the case. PCC doesn't expire. PCC is a piece of paper that says that you are not a war lord. If you haven't been back to the country since you obtained that piece of evidence, you have nothing else to prove.

ntnmadan

Feb 20, 2021
@legalfalcon , I sent my passports to the Ottawa center and the application was approved and the visa information was updated on the portal . It’s been two weeks since and my return label has not been activated and the passports haven’t been returned yet . I contacted them via the Ottawa email , but I haven’t received any acknowledgment or information in the same ! I stay in the USA , is there any way I can call them as I am not finding any way to check the status of the passport!

ashersasher

Oct 5, 2021
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
19-02-2021
Nope. That's not the case. PCC doesn't expire. PCC is a piece of paper that says that you are not a war lord. If you haven't been back to the country since you obtained that piece of evidence, you have nothing else to prove.
Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned validity. There's a note on my PCC that states how long the document is valid for (it was valid for a year).

ashersasher

Oct 5, 2021
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
19-02-2021
To add to the ADR discussion, I received mine on 26th May (ReMed, PCC, Schedule A). I was abroad for a year a long time ago (study purpose) and have been living in my home country since returning, so I applied for PCC from both countries. IRCC was not specific about it, they wanted one "from each country/state where the residence period was six months or longer since the age of 18", thus I did not want to take any chances. Plus, it is not difficult to obtain a PCC from the country where I was, which is another reason why I applied for a new one.

D

Deleted member 1083629

To add to the ADR discussion, I received mine on 26th May (ReMed, PCC, Schedule A). I was abroad for a year a long time ago (study purpose) and have been living in my home country since returning, so I applied for PCC from both countries. IRCC was not specific about it, they wanted one "from each country/state where the residence period was six months or longer since the age of 18", thus I did not want to take any chances. Plus, it is not difficult to obtain a PCC from the country where I was, which is another reason why I applied for a new one.
A new one or not, it will not have any impact on the application. The absolutely worst case scenario, they would ask for a new PCC from another country. There cannot be a rejection because again, there is no ground for rejection.

Plus, we are talking about UK certificate here )). Not Russia, not Germany, not France ... UK )) That's one of the countries that shares all of the information with Canada. So, even if he lied about not being in UK and committed the crime after he submitted the application, they will see it and hit him with a nice misrepresentation case.

Anyways, to each their own and every application is accessed on the its own ground. In my case, I submitted an old FBI PCC with a short LoE.

D

Deleted member 1083629

AOR Feb 12, 2021
FSW Outland, COR Bangladesh

Received ADR just now PCC, MED, Shedule A

My question is i was in study visa in the UK and since i got the PCC from the UK I never visited that country, therefore should i submit PCC from both the UK and Bangladesh or just the Bangladesh PCC should suffice? Although the instruction letter just simply says any country that you lived in more that 6 months since the age of 18.

Thanks in advance
Btw, I have just re-read your post. You should submit all of the PCCs for every country where you lived since you turned 18. So, in your case, it should be UK + Bangladesh. But UK PCC doesn't have to a new one, as long as it has been issued AFTER the last time you visited the country. And one from your current country of residence should be a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

hans_freek

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
I received ADR, alongwith RPRF fee... Does this mean my file is approved and after doing medicals and submitting ADRs i will receive PPR?

D

Deleted member 1083629

I received ADR, alongwith RPRF fee... Does this mean my file is approved and after doing medicals and submitting ADRs i will receive PPR?
Nope. Means nothing. RPRF used to mean that your file passed all of the stages and is ready to be approved. That is not the case anymore. With that being said, you might receive your PPR soon. It's impossible to say, really :(

Tusher

Jun 2, 2019
Btw, I have just re-read your post. You should submit all of the PCCs for every country where you lived since you turned 18. So, in your case, it should be UK + Bangladesh. But UK PCC doesn't have to a new one, as long as it has been issued AFTER the last time you visited the country. And one from your current country of residence should be a new one.
I came back to Bangladesh in March 2014 and applied for UK PCC in 2018 and since 2014 till date I haven't traveled to the UK. So I guess my police clearance from the UK dated 2018 and a new pcc from my country should be suffice as per your explanation right.

ashersasher

Oct 5, 2021
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
19-02-2021
Yes, that's why I said I should have used the term 'valid' instead of 'expired'.

A new one or not, it will not have any impact on the application. The absolutely worst case scenario, they would ask for a new PCC from another country. There cannot be a rejection because again, there is no ground for rejection.

Plus, we are talking about UK certificate here )). Not Russia, not Germany, not France ... UK )) That's one of the countries that shares all of the information with Canada. So, even if he lied about not being in UK and committed the crime after he submitted the application, they will see it and hit him with a nice misrepresentation case.

Anyways, to each their own and every application is accessed on the its own ground. In my case, I submitted an old FBI PCC with a short LoE.
I did not say the application will get rejected because of submitting an old PCC. I just meant it might be better to submit new ones for both countries if possible (and if IRCC was unspecific), but it's too difficult or time consuming then an old one with a LoE would be the other option. In my case, after waiting for such a long time for a little movement on my application, I'm trying to provide all that I can because I don't want to take the chances of getting another PCC ADR, which would mean more waiting.

But yes, I do agree with you, to each their own. In our own way, I hope we can do the best we can in the situations we are in so that our PR journey finally comes to an end with a positive response. It's been long enough already for us all, and I am hoping that it's towards the end.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I came back to Bangladesh in March 2014 and applied for UK PCC in 2018 and since 2014 till date I haven't traveled to the UK. So I guess my police clearance from the UK dated 2018 and a new pcc from my country should be suffice as per your explanation right.
Yup.