+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
If you got sponsors approval, does that mean they think your relationship is genuine and everything is fine? Or they examine the relationship part for the PR application? The wait is making me overthink everything!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you got sponsors approval, does that mean they think your relationship is genuine and everything is fine? Or they examine the relationship part for the PR application? The wait is making me overthink everything!
No, it means the sponsor is approved as eligible to sponsor. Not a criminal, etc.

There likely will be in the file/gcms notes a preliminary evaluation of basic facts of relationship and possibly note to later officers about key issues to check, but that does not constitute any kind of confirmation of the relationship as genuine, nor the applicant as eligible and admissible.

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hey Subnormalfever,

Havent seen you post in awhile. How are things going?
Heeey! Sorry to have disappeared for a while without any updates... I've had a lot of things going on and I couldn't connect here. I've just updated the Google Sheets with all of my recent info :

December 7th 2020 AOR2 at Beirut VO
March 2nd 2021 Pre-Arrival Services (IMM5801)
March 10th 2021 Medical Exam Request (IMM1017)
March 11th 2021 Medical Exam Done
March 19th 2021 Medical Exam Passed

I guess Decision Made is the only thing that's left for us, then Passport Request and voilà!
I'll let you know... Other than that, I saw that you've received the Medical Exam Request too and you've done it! We're at the same steps I guess...!

Stephy joseph

Jan 24, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Just received this response from Mp

• The responsible office has reviewed the application and documents submitted and has determined that the sponsored person (the applicant) has met the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant has been finalized on February 19, 2021 at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until March 03, 2022 for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • The documents requested of the applicant on January 27, 2021 have been received by the responsible office as of February 15, 2021

Jan 2020 applicant here...
please someone guide me how long does it take to finish security check? Visa office: New Delhi

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Nice that’s very exciting ! my application as at the Beirut office too. I got pre arrival March 3rd! did they ask you for an updated police clearance?

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Nice that’s very exciting ! my application as at the Beirut office too. I got pre arrival March 3rd! did they ask you for an updated police clearance?
Hey! We got pre-arrival services on March 2nd, no updated police clearance requested, Medical Exam request on March 10th, done on the 11th and passed on the 19th, then today, Decision Made and Passport Request!

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Heeey! Sorry to have disappeared for a while without any updates... I've had a lot of things going on and I couldn't connect here. I've just updated the Google Sheets with all of my recent info :

December 7th 2020 AOR2 at Beirut VO
March 2nd 2021 Pre-Arrival Services (IMM5801)
March 10th 2021 Medical Exam Request (IMM1017)
March 11th 2021 Medical Exam Done
March 19th 2021 Medical Exam Passed

I guess Decision Made is the only thing that's left for us, then Passport Request and voilà!
I'll let you know... Other than that, I saw that you've received the Medical Exam Request too and you've done it! We're at the same steps I guess...!

Hey :) great to see you have made progress as well! We got so much at once it was suprising, glad to see they are moving for quite a few of us :)

• Love
Reactions: SubnormalFever