+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

t1777

Star Member
May 28, 2017
as far as i know,rn now due to covid you are allowed to stay past 6 months, you can confirm that by calling cic call center
But in case you end up having your baby in india, i guess you also have tk apply for his immigration, just confirm these things with someone who is professional to avoid more problems later

t1777

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Your question is not very clear. What are you trying to get extended, you are a PR so you can stay out of Canada for any amount of time you want as long as you will still meet the residency requirements. What is the 6 month thing you are talking about?
If you are pr , you have to stay inside canada for 6 months during every calender year to maintain your PR status

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If you are pr , you have to stay inside canada for 6 months during every calender year to maintain your PR status
No you don't. You do have to do that to maintain your provincial medical coverage but not your PR status.

"To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days."

t1777

Star Member
May 28, 2017
No you don't. You do have to do that to maintain your provincial medical coverage but not your PR status.

"To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days."
Oh okay, thank you so much for the info

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi everyone..I am Canadian PR came to India on 2.09.2020 and my I will complete my 6mntgs on 2march 2021...I currently 6mnths pregnant and want to travel back to Canada with my husband.therefore I want to extend my stay beyond 6mnths..can anyone tell me from where to get written permission for extension and if I go to Canada after 6mnths would there be any issues at airport? Please guide me.thankyou in advance.
Where are you trying to give birth? Is your husband going to get through before you give birth? You'll have bigger issues depending if the airline will let you board the plane depending on their rules for pregnant passengers. Do your research for all scenarios as you could end up being in India longer than you expected.

Good luck

t1777

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Hi guys, i have a question. So, my husband is living in Australia right now. After he gets his PR visa, can he go to india and come to canada from there or he have to come here from Australia only.
* i sponsored him from Australia, but he is a indian citizen *

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys, i have a question. So, my husband is living in Australia right now. After he gets his PR visa, can he go to india and come to canada from there or he have to come here from Australia only.
* i sponsored him from Australia, but he is a indian citizen *
From anywhere really. It's valid for the one entry to Canada and then a PR card to be received in Canada.

Note though, no idea about the covid issues in and out of India.

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
DM October 28th and still no communication. Today officially marks a year... feel so bad for those from Feb who haven't gotten AOR1 yet. Such a frustrating process

Feb2020

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi All,

I have PRV and CoPR expiring in 2 weeks and haven't booked flight yet. Is there any relaxation on expired PRV and CoPR as Canada have mandatory hotel quarantine.
And does anyone have experience traveling to Canada after mandatory hotel quarantine?

Thanks.
The hotel quarantine takes effect feb 22